Search results

1. T

Vandalia Football Coach Updates

He went to a vastly inferior program at Tipp from Troy and turned them into a legit contender every year but that’s what he does. I get it though being his almamater and his dads former program otherwise no way he takes that job. But I get what you’re saying and I don’t disagree. He ain’t coming...
  2. T

I don’t think anyone really believes it. He wouldn’t leave this late in the offseason and his team returning is stacked. Not to mention the team has lost a brother with the tragic passing of Robbins he wouldn’t AND Vandalia is the rival team. Football is about the only sport Tipp can beat...
  3. T

Would be a program changing hire. No way that’s true.
  4. T

I like the external hire idea here too just don’t know who is in the mix. I looked at the Tipp staff and only person with Vandalia ties is Butera. I think he’s a QC coach so doubt he’d apply for HC. I don’t think there is any truth to Tipp interest. This late in the off season all indications...
  5. T

I have heard that there is some interest from at least one current coach on the Tipp staff. No idea who or if that’s even accurate.
  6. T

I searched for minutes but nothing available yet. Meeting could have also been tied to school levy failing on Tuesday.
  7. T

Agreed. By all accounts Cates was moving the needle so need the next guy to build on that momentum and get some big wins figuratively and literally.
  8. T

I am starting a separate thread for the Vandalia coaching search since some of our fellow MVL friends have become offended by the publicity and interest that Vandalia gets on the general MVL threads. Now that the housekeeping g is out of the way I think Sutherland gets the job but if I had to...
  9. T

MVL 2022

Hyatt wasn’t a suck up he was a professional. He faced the same “issues” that these other coaches faced and he persuveered. You may have an axe to grind there but he is an under rated coach. People still talk about what he did at Bradford and he was building something special at Vandalia. Just...
  10. T

MVL 2022

Would have been nice to keep Wyrick but when you have your alma mater who is a big DI when loads of talent calling it’s hard to say no. Would have loved to have seen Zawadski Jr end up at Vandalia after his dad retired. He has had a lot of success and I think could have brought a lot of winning...
  11. T

MVL 2022

I hear a lot of talk about the weight room and football not having access. I can’t imagine that what’s happening at Vandalia is any different than any other school. Sports that are in season probably get precedents at certain times. I see the Tipp football team has a 100% optional Saturday...
  12. T

MVL 2022

The current AD has done more to advance sports at Vandalia than any other I can think of. I don’t blame him at all for the lack of success in sports. I do think it will take the right coach for football and there will have to be continuity. Look at wrestling and baseball. Sustained success AND...
  13. T

MVL 2022

I’m just tossing out ideas because it’s not been pretty to watch. Just thinking of ways that they can compete because they have not been able to block, pass, catch or tackle. Hopefully you’re right and the talent is coming. Would love to see competitive football and a healthy rivalry with Tippy...
  14. T

MVL 2022

Jason Sutherland would be my guess. Alumni and came with Cates from Covington. Would make since of terms of continuity.
  15. T

MVL 2022

Thoughts on Adam Doenges to Vandalia? Don’t know if he is interested but I think it would make a lot of sense for both.
  16. T

MVL 2022

Vandalia football misery continues unfortunately. I don’t think there is a coach alive that could turn the tight of losing around there just don’t seem to be the talent there. If I were to coach there I’d really try to plant the seed that you need to run a flexbone style offense. Keep the clock...
  17. T

Region 12 Championship: #1 Badin (13-0) vs. #3 Tippecanoe (12-1) @Trotwood “The sequel”

As long as they keep the same approach they’ll be right there. Love the composure those kids have. They don’t get too low or too high they just keep chopping.
  18. T

Region 12 Championship: #1 Badin (13-0) vs. #3 Tippecanoe (12-1) @Trotwood “The sequel”

What a game. These kids have grit and damn that coaching staff is good. What a fun team to watch!
  19. T

Trotwood was a great host and put on a first class experience. I stand corrected. Wasn’t as tight as I thought it would be and the facility was very nice. Announcer was good, food was great. Appreciate the hospitality. And for the record my statement was in no way a knock on Trotwood more...
  20. T

Tipp - 31 Badin - 28 Poronsky has triple digits on ground and through air.