Search results

1. F

23/24 CHL Baseball thread

Wonder what the vibe was in the Wyoming locker room after that LOL. The randomness of baseball is what makes it fun to watch imo. A guy can be a sub .200 hitter and just have a game where he throws the bat out and ends up 3-3 and he's the reason you win.
  2. F

CHL Football 23

I can concur that whoever told you is making something up or confused facts. Another CHL head coach told me the same when we were at a community meeting together. I think McNick would win handedly but Wyoming didn't dodge anyone.
  3. F

CHL Football 23

I think that's the issue you'd come across. That's a lot of non conference games to try to get commitments from when most teams are only playing a couple nonconference games. Right now the CHL is scheduling 3, which I believe is on the higher side, and Wyoming is struggling to do that. You'd...
  4. F

CHL Football 23

The OCC already has a model for how to make it work. Unfortunately, I don't think any of the other CHL teams will go for it. The main argument the other CHL teams have against DP and FT isn't eliminated. Anytime they'd play a cross over game with a smaller school (i.e. Lockland, DP, FT, NCH...
  5. F

CHL Football 23

Agreed. The last time the CHL experienced any changes was 1995 when Loveland left. 30 years, without a single change to a member. If I'm not mistaken, that's by far the longest stretch, w/o change, of any league in the area. That may very well be the longest stretch of continuity of any league...
  6. F

CHL Football 23

Might be the last year for it with the current members of the league. Lots of meetings and discussions about the layout of the league beyond the 2024-2025 school year going on.
  7. F

Top recruit daring OHSAA to suspend him

I knew there was something in the rule book about playing any type of organized football outside of your typical HS season which runs June 1 with summer workouts and allowed camp days through the end of the regular season but I couldn't remember if it was ok if it was 1-2 kids from a district...
  8. F

I think the lines get grayed out or blurred for the HS aged kids and I think the 'snakes in the grass' looking to catch you multiply as you get older. I know this, there's a reason someone isn't making a killing on running Spring flag leagues. The amount of money that people pay for club VB...
  9. F

There are additional restrictions regarding the number of players from a particular team, coach representation, etc. I was at a private school at the time and there were some issues with that and the OHSAA tampering/recruiting rules. It just overregulated. My neighbor coaches a U17 or U18 (HS...
  10. F

It's not worded that way in which they specifically outlaw flag football, but OHSAA does have a rule against organized football activities and the regulation of what kids can and cannot do pertaining to football is far greater than any other HS sport. I'm not sure of the actual language but the...
  11. F

I know spring football has gone to a vote and it was declined but I've never heard of or been given a hard reason why. There are a bunch of theories on why, but I've never seen a concrete answer. Again, club football in pads makes no sense and I understand why. What I don't get is we have a...
  12. F

Tony Dorsett

They certainly grow them different. The size of my own kids would make me look small when I was their age.
  13. F

Can someone tell me why football is the only sport OHSAA regulates for off-season activity and/or participation in clubs? I don't expect there to be club football where kids can compete in a season during the spring just cause of the physicality, but having organized 7 on 7 flag leagues is...
  14. F

Tony Dorsett

During his time, Majority of Linemen were only 250-270. Players were typically smaller so being 185/190 as a RB wasn't too unusual. I don't think teams had the emphasis on strength training like they do now. Earl Campbell was HUGE and was only 225/230. That's like the typical size for guys now
  15. F

Moeller president arrested in Nashville for being drunk and harassing women...

My dad used to live in Murfreesboro so hanging out in Nashville was a routine thing 2-3 times per year for about 15 years in my 20's through my mid 30's. I'm well aware of the amount of fun that can be had. Have never been to South Beach, but Nashville, Vegas, and New Orleans are probably the 3...
  16. F

Kids calling timeout

It's not all of injury time. It's a direct statement towards the reference to inhalers. In those instances, yes, 95% of the time, it's used more as a crutch than an actual need. The next sentence/statement is referred to as a compromise, which as former S.S. teacher, I used to teach about. It...
  17. F

Kids calling timeout

Again, you can come up with an exception to justify or null any suggestion or rule. I've been around the block myself being involved with the sport for 31 years. I've coached multiple asthma kids who have taken full advantage of getting that inhaler puff and INJ time. Honestly, if I think about...
  18. F

Kids calling timeout

I'm inclined to think that 1 injury time out is fine. No penalties, or opponent choice, etc. for that 1st one. Injuries happen as well as those 'stub your toe' moments where something hurts like hell for a minute, then you're good. I also think when you get into 'punishing' someone for their 1st...
  19. F

True 4th

The OHSAA just increased the number of divisions for 3-4 other HS sports. I think it's logical to think they would not only consider adding a 4th division to wrestling but move forward and make it happen. Ultimately, the driving force behind EVERY decision is money. Adding a division equals more...
  20. F

Disqualified wrestler advances, while 2nd wrestler is Disqualified after tournament (same weight)!

Again, that's not the headline and headlines > facts. By the time anyone learns any of the details, you've already been found guilty in the court of public opinion. It's not just news. It's mindless shares on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. You can hate it all you want but...