Strongsville's Lou Cirino is Out

Coaching and playing are two completely different skill sets. It helps alot to have played the game as you should know more technical aspects of the game but it is still a different skill set. He may be best coach in HS history for all I know, he JUST WAS NOT QUALIFIED for the job. People would laugh if he was interviewed for the ST. Iggy job and they are wayyyyy down too right now. Dont know if their current coach will be around much longer with 2 wins a year.
I would also argue that head coach and assistant coach are completely different skillsets. There's no guarantee that someone that's been a longtime assistant coach will translate into a good head coach. There is a lot more planning, organizing, delegating, then someone just coaching a position and teaching footwork and fundamentals.

I would also argue that head coach and assistant coach are completely different skillsets. There's no guarantee that someone that's been a longtime assistant coach will translate into a good head coach. There is a lot more planning, organizing, delegating, then someone just coaching a position and teaching footwork and fundamentals.
Also, the transition from a pee wee or middle school game plan is light years from a varsity football game as well. I feel like a broken record. The hire may work or not and hiring a coordinator does not always work but it is very rare someone gets a d-1 high school job from such a low level. . Good luck to him and the mustangs.

I was shocked when Cirino took the job… he seemed to have his dream job at West G as an alum. Now that Rosati is back there, I’m not sure where he’ll wind up.
How about jail!

Former Strongsville High School football coach indicted on sexual misconduct charges in Geauga County A grand jury indicted Lou Cirino for sexual battery and gross sexual imposition. The indictment states that the victim was under the age of 13.
https://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article...nduct/95-c637b3b9-6de9-49b1-aafb-38c6cfec6731

Its like me thinking I can be a dentist because I had my teeth drilled before when I went to the dentist. Does that make me qualified to be a dentist.
Same thing with coaching a d-1 program in Ohio. How come St. Ignatius did not hire Trusnik when Chico retired if he is such a great candidate? Come on. Pee wee and middle school experience would not make him qualified to be a DC or OC at a real d1 school let alone head coach.
Yea pee wee and middle school coaching alone wouldn't qualify that but when you add he was a 2x All American Dlll and played 10yrs in the league, it makes up for it. He is bring a vast knowledge of the game, has great connections to bring in coaches, has a background that other coaches would want to coach with, and has the persona to help fundraising for the school.

Hell his biggest thing is he has been such a big part of the community for awhile that he can help keep the talent within the district.

Some of you are greatly overrating what it takes to be a HC lol not saying anyone can do it but we're acting like being an Ohio D1 coach is like coaching the browns or the buckeyes

Yea pee wee and middle school coaching alone wouldn't qualify that but when you add he was a 2x All American Dlll and played 10yrs in the league, it makes up for it. He is bring a vast knowledge of the game, has great connections to bring in coaches, has a background that other coaches would want to coach with, and has the persona to help fundraising for the school.

Hell his biggest thing is he has been such a big part of the community for awhile that he can help keep the talent within the district.

Some of you are greatly overrating what it takes to be a HC lol not saying anyone can do it but we're acting like being an Ohio D1 coach is like coaching the browns or the buckeyes
It says more about how low the program is at this moment than ow qualified he is but hey, who cares. Its not like ?Strongsville is anywhere close to the level they used to be and will be lucky to get back to .500 and then get drilled in first round of grossly expanded d-1 playoff. If that's what you call it when 1-9 teams make them.

Strongsville and Brunswick have both fallen hard. It’s embarrassing, both are great communities with good families. No reason they both should be as terrible as they have been. The rise of other sports maybe , terrible coaching definitely.

Big communities good families , but politics from parents and soft kids have ruined both programs. I don’t wanna hear oh but Ed’s and ignatius takes our best players either , 20 yrs ago it was the same situation and both programs were respected.

I hope Strongsville can turn it around but I don’t see it happening unfortunately.