2023-24 Ohio State Basketball

lol and everyone wanted to make you believe the players on this roster were “Diebler’s guys.” Couldn’t be farther from the truth

Now you’re putting words into my mouth, never said Roddy was great. Far from it, just that he’s better than Meechie Johnson which he is and Diebler hasn’t found anyone as good to replace him. It’s not negative to point out the facts.
I never said Gayle was great or that you did. I disagree he is better than Meechie. Better athlete, yes. Better teammate and player for OSU, no. His turnovers alone cost the Buckeyes chances to win games. I'm sure you watched some SC games this season so you could make the comparison, but if Meechie gets 30min a game this season I see the buckeyes being better with him than Gayle, who has yet to live up to his recruiting potential. Maybe he will at UM.

I never said Gayle was great or that you did. I disagree he is better than Meechie. Better athlete, yes. Better teammate and player for OSU, no. His turnovers alone cost the Buckeyes chances to win games. I'm sure you watched some SC games this season so you could make the comparison, but if Meechie gets 30min a game this season I see the buckeyes being better with him than Gayle, who has yet to live up to his recruiting potential. Maybe he will at UM.
I posted at the end of the season that Roddy should not be brought back. He almost has a negative impact on the team. Far too inconsistent and has limited skills. Addition by subtraction. Let Michigan have him.

I posted at the end of the season that Roddy should not be brought back. He almost has a negative impact on the team. Far too inconsistent and has limited skills. Addition by subtraction. Let Michigan have him.
He is a crazy athlete and that make him as good as he is. It's almost like he was left on the floor in hopes of a 50/50 chance he would do something good. His shot selection and turnovers killed the Bucks at times.

One thing is for sure, the NIL and portal with zero regulation or rules has damaged college basketball. It is impossible to build a team for the future, impossible to foster team chemistry, and impossible for fans to follow "their guys". I am hating all this nonsense.

It does keep this forum lively though. All the "experts" on Yappi cannot agree though. For my opinion:

- I wanted Okpara to stay with Bradshaw. Impossible to say at this point who is better. Both seem to have plenty of upside.

- I really liked Gayle but his high point was freshman year Big 10 tourney. He regressed as this past year went on. Incredibly gifted but poor ball handler and decision maker.

- Seems to me most likely that Middleton left for personal/family reasons. He needs a lot of growth in his game but he had upside.

- I wanted Okpara to stay with Bradshaw. Impossible to say at this point who is better. Both seem to have plenty of upside.

- I really liked Gayle but his high point was freshman year Big 10 tourney. He regressed as this past year went on. Incredibly gifted but poor ball handler and decision maker.

- Seems to me most likely that Middleton left for personal/family reasons. He needs a lot of growth in his game but he had upside.
For the record, I wanted Okpara to stay. A little happy when Gayle left, incredible potential but hurt more than helped. Wanted to see Middleton another year, but thought he felt he was a 1 year guy. Surprised Hardman stayed this long, could be very good at the right smaller school.

One thing is for sure, Indiana is crushing it in the portal.
So is Michigan. Sam Walter’s about to join them as well, wonder if Ross Bjork is regretting not going after Dusty May now? Michigan is better than Ohio State in the 3 major sports which is just absolutely unacceptable

I wonder how Gayle feels knowing UM also recruited Rubin Jones in the portal who is a better perimeter shooter, ball handler and decision maker.

So is Michigan. Sam Walter’s about to join them as well, wonder if Ross Bjork is regretting not going after Dusty May now? Michigan is better than Ohio State in the 3 major sports which is just absolutely unacceptable
I wasn’t a Dusty May fan, but I was hoping for an experienced coach. We have Diebler now, though, so we have to hope he will get it done.

One thing is for sure, the NIL and portal with zero regulation or rules has damaged college basketball. It is impossible to build a team for the future, impossible to foster team chemistry, and impossible for fans to follow "their guys". I am hating all this nonsense.

It does keep this forum lively though. All the "experts" on Yappi cannot agree though. For my opinion:

Sad that it’s now a year to year sport, almost solely based on your ability to buy players via the portal or AAU. It will ruin the sport if it isn’t rectified.

NIL and the portal are destroying what we've known as college sports. I'm just glad OSU has money and can play the game, because there are plenty of mid level teams that simply cannot.

We have no choice but to pull for him, just like we pulled for Holtmann and any other OSU coach. Doesn’t mean they were the right choices either though
I admit I was good with the Holtmann hire. I thought he proved enough at Butler to think he could really do something great with the resources of OSU. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Quite frankly, I don’t have high hopes that Diebler will succeed, but I hope I am wrong about his future at OSU, just as I was wrong about Holtmann.

I admit I was good with the Holtmann hire. I thought he proved enough at Butler to think he could really do something great with the resources of OSU. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Quite frankly, I don’t have high hopes that Diebler will succeed, but I hope I am wrong about his future at OSU, just as I was wrong about Holtmann.
Agreed, I was excited about Holtmann at first. Much more excited than Diebler. As time went on he just became a terrible coach.

What Michigan is doing in their athletic department is something OSU should be trying to mirror but they are destroying us in the 3 major sports.

Agreed, I was excited about Holtmann at first. Much more excited than Diebler. As time went on he just became a terrible coach.

What Michigan is doing in their athletic department is something OSU should be trying to mirror but they are destroying us in the 3 major sports.
You are such an idiot their (TTUN) bball program sucked worse than OSU this year, and their Head Football coach cheated, you want OSU to cheat. Let's see how good TTUN does this year in football. How are the cheaters recruiting going this year and you want OSU to be like that, you think OSU sucks so bad go root for another team, i am sure TTUN will have room on their bandwagon as other fans jump off.

You are such an idiot their (TTUN) bball program sucked worse than OSU this year, and their Head Football coach cheated, you want OSU to cheat. Let's see how good TTUN does this year in football. How are the cheaters recruiting going this year and you want OSU to be like that, you think OSU sucks so bad go root for another team, i am sure TTUN will have room on their bandwagon as other fans jump off.
It’s sad how triggered you are for an anonymous poster on a message board. Go seek help.

Bucknuts reporting what we likely already knew, Okpara was concerned with playing time after Bradshaw was brought in, and... 🔔🔔🔔... the future NIL 💰. Lol. Good riddance, bro.
I have a feeling that like many of these nowadays, with AAU and other connections I think that a destination (Tennessee) was predetermined with probably an NIL agreement in principle prior to going portalling.