Coach Resigns

Clay wasn't exactly big on experience when he took over.
He was an assistant coach for 3 years (and a volunteer coach prior, I believe). He also had been/is still running the Battlezone in Wadsworth. I hope the program brings in an alumni who knows the traditions there. Clay, and Mike did a great job.

Clay was an assistant at Wadsworth for 3 years prior to becoming HC.

He was, but 3 years doesn't exactly make him seasoned to take over a program like Wadsworth if people are gonna use that as a knock against DF.
And I thought Clay did a fantastic job while at the helm of Wadsworth wrestling!

He was, but 3 years doesn't exactly make him seasoned to take over a program like Wadsworth if people are gonna use that as a knock against DF.
And I thought Clay did a fantastic job while at the helm of Wadsworth wrestling!
I don’t think anyone is knocking DF. I’m just not sure if he has ANY coaching experience, assistant, youth, junior high, or high school, or any other form of wrestling. If he does have experience , it wasn’t local. Yes, Clay did a fantastic job. That’s why he was tabbed to start a college program from scratch. He was an assistant under Gramuglia before taking the controls at Wadsworth.

I don’t think anyone is knocking DF. I’m just not sure if he has ANY coaching experience, assistant, youth, junior high, or high school, or any other form of wrestling. If he does have experience , it wasn’t local. Yes, Clay did a fantastic job. That’s why he was tabbed to start a college program from scratch. He was an assistant under Gramuglia before taking the controls at Wadsworth.
DF was a National Champ for Notre Dame College, also an assistant there, cant forget 3x state runner up at Wadsworth when he attended.

Yup, I like Clay and his dad a lot. Any coach that takes over at Wadsworth will have scads of support from all the Wadsworth wrestling community which is why DF or anyone that takes over at Wadsworth will likely be just fine!