Federal League 2023-2024

Dan Harlan....Green graduate and played for Kinsley. Been a assistant for 3-4 years. Head girls soccer coach. Not sure he is being considered but I know Kinsley speaks highly of him.
Harlan was my sons freshman coach, so that's been around 13 years ago. So he's been with the program for quite awhile. I always have questions on young guys with young families though, its such a commitment.

I don't think so. Green wants someone with head coaching experience.
Hackenburg? Would he want to get back into coaching? Was successful at St. Thomas, was just average to below average at GlenOak and to be fair, its taken Hairston some time to get GlenOak playing at a higher level.

Hackenburg? Would he want to get back into coaching? Was successful at St. Thomas, was just average to below average at GlenOak and to be fair, its taken Hairston some time to get GlenOak playing at a higher level.
Hackenberg also had to deal with multiple kids being recruited away.

IMG_1294.jpeg

Obviously not official, but it’s a done deal. Thought for sure he would take over for McBride at Lake. Looks like McBride may be around for awhile longer.

I'm sure its just waiting board approval then? He may still take over for McBride some day unfortunately for Green. Seems solid as I know
his dad was a real good coach. Although his dad spent a lot of time barking at the refs which I've never been a fan of. Coach your kids 95% of the time and bark about bad calls 5%, not the other way around.

Wow, this is an interesting choice by Green. I remember watching Spottleson play for Lake, excellent scorer. The matchups between him and Jackson's Evan Bailey were classic.

I had heard that Green wanted someone with head coaching experience. It's a little odd to hire someone who is an assistant for a school that you have beaten 6 straight times. But, on the other hand, I get the appeal of hiring a young coach who could potentially be there for decades. Also like the idea of hiring someone who was a star player in his own right. He's definitely familiar with what it takes to win in the Federal League.

Green now has a basketball coach who went to Lake and a football coach who went to Hoover, which is kind of funny. Good luck to him. Green is going to be young this season and with Jackson, Hoover and McK all bringing back so much, 2024-25 was going to be a difficult year at GHS no matter who the coach is. I think Green fans should expect some growing pains, be patient, and give him a few years to see what he can do. Hopefully he's the right man to lead the program for a long time.

Yeh Kinsley ran out of Martins and Keeslars coming through the program and left at the right time. Will take a bit to get the ship sailing again but should happen.

I’ve never seen so many boys and girls jobs open in Stark and surrounding areas in a long time.

Wow, this is an interesting choice by Green. I remember watching Spottleson play for Lake, excellent scorer. The matchups between him and Jackson's Evan Bailey were classic.

I had heard that Green wanted someone with head coaching experience. It's a little odd to hire someone who is an assistant for a school that you have beaten 6 straight times. But, on the other hand, I get the appeal of hiring a young coach who could potentially be there for decades. Also like the idea of hiring someone who was a star player in his own right. He's definitely familiar with what it takes to win in the Federal League.

Green now has a basketball coach who went to Lake and a football coach who went to Hoover, which is kind of funny. Good luck to him. Green is going to be young this season and with Jackson, Hoover and McK all bringing back so much, 2024-25 was going to be a difficult year at GHS no matter who the coach is. I think Green fans should expect some growing pains, be patient, and give him a few years to see what he can do. Hopefully he's the right man to lead the program for a long time.
Wow. I really wanted him to take over at Lake when McBride decided to leave. You guys just scored on this hire. The people of green will be very pleased. Take care of him for us! Was a great player/coach and an even better human.

He's probably going to struggle his first two years being in the FL and with the talent he has the next two years. So tell us boy genius where
would he go after two years that would be a step up?
I think he's saying that Green will fire him after two years.

I took it as he would go to Green until McBride retires.
Gotcha, I took it wrong. And he may do that but Lake hasn't exactly been the talent pool since Vaudrins and Spottelsons are gone. The last 4-5 years have been mediocre so who knows what ties he'll keep. He may like what he has going at Green. Would like for him to bring Hinkle back who is a teacher at Green and defensive mind. I believe they coached together at Lake as well and have been told he was a major piece in some of Lakes good years?