RFK says Biden a greater threat to Democracy

Have you looked at his private legal career ? You are what you do
He's dialed some of his environmental policies back and he did get one of the most polluted rivers in the country cleaned up with his legal actions. And his environmental stances are no more extreme than the current policies Biden and his ilk are pushing down our throats.

Makes zero sense but there is no law against illogical decisions.
In fairness, until 2020 I had never voted Republican in my life, so I was not in any way a Trump supporter, I'm just less of a Biden supporter. To me, Trump was the lesser of 2 evils.

He's dialed some of his environmental policies back and he did get one of the most polluted rivers in the country cleaned up with his legal actions. And his environmental stances are no more extreme than the current policies Biden and his ilk are pushing down our throats.
Ending actual pollution is always great, but he's firmly in the carbon kook cult. He's a true believer.

Personally, I think anyone that casts a statement vote in 2024 isn't thinking like a sober adult. But it's your vote to burn.

Seems self-defeating and foolish at this point in American culture, to me.

Then if you don't vote Trump, you're just stupid, frankly. I hope you're trolling.
Well, I certainly don't qualify as stupid and frankly, while I think you have a tendency to go off the rails I don't resort to name-calling when I think you're off the rails. My apologies for trying to have an intelligent conversation with someone only willing to hear what they want to hear. BTW, I made it pretty clear why I didn't want to vote for Trump. If Republicans had brought forth a reasonable candidate, with Trump-like policies, that wasn't Trump, I most likely would have voted for them.

Well, I certainly don't qualify as stupid and frankly, while I think you have a tendency to go off the rails I don't resort to name-calling when I think you're off the rails. My apologies for trying to have an intelligent conversation with someone only willing to hear what they want to hear. BTW, I made it pretty clear why I didn't want to vote for Trump. If Republicans had brought forth a reasonable candidate, with Trump-like policies, that wasn't Trump, I most likely would have voted for them.
Well, I’m very blunt, there’s no doubt about that.

This is really very simple. Kennedy does not have a chance at victory.

America as we know it will be over in a second Biden term.

A failure to cast a vote for someone with a reasonable chance of defeating the incumbent, by someone who is unhappy with the performance of the incumbent, is plainly a stupid decision then. It seems obvious enough to me 🤷

This really doesn’t constitute name-calling, more like “bad decision identifying”. And plainly stupid. I don’t care about your feelings.

We can continue to have a discussion or we can call it a day, but thanks for clarifying where you’re coming from. You win chat room etiquette today, though. Well done.

Makes zero sense but there is no law against illogical decisions.
Here's the thing with Trump... his personality is exhausting. There's always going to be another fight, there's always going to be another controversy, he's always going to be in the news because he sells himself and because his detractors never shut up.

The small erosion in Trump's base is simply people who are just tired of the show. It's not about policy.

Well, I’m very blunt, there’s no doubt about that.

This is really very simple. Kennedy does not have a chance at victory.

America as we know it will be over in a second Biden term.

A failure to cast a vote for someone with a reasonable chance of defeating the incumbent, by someone who is unhappy with the performance of the incumbent, is plainly a stupid decision then. It seems obvious enough to me 🤷

This really doesn’t constitute name-calling, more like “bad decision identifying”. And plainly stupid. I don’t care about your feelings.

We can continue to have a discussion or we can call it a day, but thanks for clarifying where you’re coming from. You win chat room etiquette today, though. Well done.
I do wish that I felt RFK had a legitimate chance. And you're correct a "statement" vote in this situation doesn't really make the most sense. But today, it's the vote I'm most comfortable with. That could change as election day gets closer. In 2004, I made the decision not to vote at all because I didn't want either candidate. In 2020, I held my nose and voted for Trump because I thought it was the right thing to do. I just don't see how things get better with Trump. I think some things will improve, but the sum of the parts will be more of the same. And that's not to mention his age, which I have problem with. I think he's shown signs of mental decline lately and that doesn't improve, especially in the most stressful job in the world. I get where you're coming from, but to call whatever decision I make stupid makes it sound like I haven't thought about it or considered what it means, which simply isn't true. Bottom line, I don't want Biden or Trump as my president. I may once again decide on the lesser of 2 evils or hope there are more like minded people like me who don't think a vote for RFK is a waste and maybe he will have a say in final tally, though I doubt either party will allow that to happen.

I do wish that I felt RFK had a legitimate chance. And you're correct a "statement" vote in this situation doesn't really make the most sense. But today, it's the vote I'm most comfortable with. That could change as election day gets closer. In 2004, I made the decision not to vote at all because I didn't want either candidate. In 2020, I held my nose and voted for Trump because I thought it was the right thing to do. I just don't see how things get better with Trump. I think some things will improve, but the sum of the parts will be more of the same. And that's not to mention his age, which I have problem with. I think he's shown signs of mental decline lately and that doesn't improve, especially in the most stressful job in the world. I get where you're coming from, but to call whatever decision I make stupid makes it sound like I haven't thought about it or considered what it means, which simply isn't true. Bottom line, I don't want Biden or Trump as my president. I may once again decide on the lesser of 2 evils or hope there are more like minded people like me who don't think a vote for RFK is a waste and maybe he will have a say in final tally, though I doubt either party will allow that to happen.
It’s a shame that Tulsi Gabbard didn’t throw in with Kennedy. They could’ve actually won something. I think Tulsi is holding out for Trump. Trump has to pick a woman, for the Karen vote. It is only offset to the abortion issue that should’ve been put to bed a year ago state by state. Petty politicians bickered and dithered, and created/maintained the only electoral advantage that Biden can leverage.

I always laughed at the stupid fractured Republicans before I needed them to see a central vision beyond their own parochial interests. That is the fundamental problem of the Republican party, the only person with a vision is an obnoxious orange blowhard that alienates half of the party to the point of irrationality.

Personally, I think anyone that casts a statement vote in 2024 isn't thinking like a sober adult. But it's your vote to burn.

Seems self-defeating and foolish at this point in American culture, to me.
IMO, supporting RFK Jr right now is in the best interest of Republicans. It is going to take votes away from both sides but I really believe that it will eventually take away more votes from Biden than Trump.

Not sure where the line is but I feel that if RFK Jr's vote is limited (say 10%), Biden will win. Every percentage point increase in the vote for RFK Jr increases the likelihood of Biden losing.

There is a crazy possibility that RFK Jr could get a wave of support and win the whole thing but that scenario is so unlikely that neither party should worry about it. BUT, if it does happen, wouldn't Republicans prefer 4 years of RFK Jr over another 4 years of Biden?

There is a crazy possibility that RFK Jr could get a wave of support and win the whole thing but that scenario is so unlikely that neither party should worry about it. BUT, if it does happen, wouldn't Republicans prefer 4 years of RFK Jr over another 4 years of Biden?
I disagree -- they need to worry about an obese 77 year old and a declining 81 year old very seriously. The legal mess that would ensue if one of them were to kick the bucket before November would be insane.

IMO, supporting RFK Jr right now is in the best interest of Republicans. It is going to take votes away from both sides but I really believe that it will eventually take away more votes from Biden than Trump.

Not sure where the line is but I feel that if RFK Jr's vote is limited (say 10%), Biden will win. Every percentage point increase in the vote for RFK Jr increases the likelihood of Biden losing.

I'm voting Trump, but RFK is better than Biden.

imho, Baby Bobby's campaign viability both began and ended with his VP selection.

It over, with Ms Ex-Google, but it can run on, for a long time

Tulsi would get Trump elected as his VP, but I think Gov. Noem will as well. Noem is MAGA, Tulsi is half-a DemSoc

Last edited:
I'm voting Trump, but RFK is better than Biden.
I think there will be alot of people like that. And when the discussion about RFK Jr comes up, I think it is better for Republicans to remain silent than try to tear RFK Jr down because making him an attractive candidate is in their best interest. Democrats are going to do all they can to tear him down because they know he is a threat to Biden. Not sure why Republicans would want to help tear him down. They can take the high road and benefit from a three-way race.

I think there will be alot of people like that. And when the discussion about RFK Jr comes up, I think it is better for Republicans to remain silent than try to tear RFK Jr down because making him an attractive candidate is in their best interest. Democrats are going to do all they can to tear him down because they know he is a threat to Biden. Not sure why Republicans would want to help tear him down. They can take the high road and benefit from a three-way race.
I could not agree more.

If Trump is smart he's ignoring RFK, AND the media baiting that will be downloaded as soon as they see what we see.

I think you're correct and I also believe it's why so many leftists are tearing down RFK. They know he's a threat to Biden, so label him and anti-vax, conspiracy nut who's been disowned by the Kennedy family to drive away a much Democrat support as possible. The leaders of the party have learned a large portion of the party will buy in without any research of their own.

It feels more and more as if RFK Jr. is working as a trojan horse for Trump. Hell, look at who's dropping the most cash in their respective Super PAC's. It's the same dude. Lol. Perhaps Bob is angling for a position in the cabinet since he has no real way of reaching the Presidency. I'm sure he would enjoy a gig heading the CDC. :ROFLMAO:

Here's the thing with Trump... his personality is exhausting. There's always going to be another fight, there's always going to be another controversy, he's always going to be in the news because he sells himself and because his detractors never shut up.

The small erosion in Trump's base is simply people who are just tired of the show. It's not about policy.
The only reason there is always going to be a fight with Trump is because of the evil Dems, not because of Trump.

Reactions: y2h
My heart wouldn't be broke if he won. Right now

The only reason there is always going to be a fight with Trump is because of the evil Dems, not because of Trump.
So you don't think Trump was always calling the tabloids in the 90s when he was a Dem? You don't think he had a show called The Apprentice which basically was him insulting people? You don't think he gives every political opponent he runs against a demeaning nickname?

Yeah, I think his detractors are some of the worst people on earth. I'm glad he exposed them for what they were all along. All I'm saying is maybe some people don't want their blood pressure driven up constantly, hence the minor ebb in support. Biden's getting just as bad with his senior behavioral problems.

So I won't vote for the guy pushing the policy I support because...he's mean on Twitter? 🤷‍♂️

Policy is the only thing that matters.

It’s a shame that Tulsi Gabbard didn’t throw in with Kennedy. They could’ve actually won something. I think Tulsi is holding out for Trump. Trump has to pick a woman, for the Karen vote. It is only offset to the abortion issue that should’ve been put to bed a year ago state by state. Petty politicians bickered and dithered, and created/maintained the only electoral advantage that Biden can leverage.

I always laughed at the stupid fractured Republicans before I needed them to see a central vision beyond their own parochial interests. That is the fundamental problem of the Republican party, the only person with a vision is an obnoxious orange blowhard that alienates half of the party to the point of irrationality.
It has been put to bed. The only people still trying to make it an issue are the desperate leftist lunatics.

You are right about Republicans being fractured unlike the hive mind Dems. While frustrating at times that's what happens with a party driven by logic and independent thought vs illogical emotion.

Republicans arent tearing him down. He's been on Fox numerous times since announcing his candidacy. Dems are devoting a portion of their campaign just to take him down and having their media sycophants talk about what a loon he is.

Policy is the only thing that matters.
That's true, but we're going on almost a decade of his pugilistic attitude. It's very unusual in the US for a one-termer to try again after losing. Voters who otherwise do not care about policy may just not want to sign up for it again, because then it'd be 12 years.

So I won't vote for the guy pushing the policy I support because...he's mean on Twitter? 🤷‍♂️
There's more to it than that. I already said I also have an issue with his age and simply put, I don't think he is the leader that we need. I'm not saying I know everything, it's just one guy's opinion. I could be wrong and maybe he is exactly what we need. I just don't see it.