2023-2024 General Discussion

Houston plays great defense but has no scorers and no LENGTH. It’s surprising they think they can win a title with a multitude of guards under 6’2 and no big man over 6’8 unless Ralph Sampson can’t recruit those guys there which would be hard to believe.

I think they are the only team who’s had success the last few years with a munchkin roster.
It’s always funny seeing fans of these Uber physical bball teams complain about the officiating. Their program’s entire ethos is relying on the officials to not call a foul every possession.

It’s always funny seeing fans of these Uber physical bball teams complain about the officiating. Their program’s entire ethos is relying on the officials to not call a foul every possession.
I didn’t see Houston complaining about officiating unless I missed something

UCONN is an absolute machine. Not a weakness anywhere and has the size on the wings to actually guard Illinois. Size and length matter but that size and length can’t be stiffs either and UCONNs size can all move and jump.

Terrence Shannon has never seen a defender like Stephon Castle

I used to think Illinois had a good offense but the last 2 games shows they didn’t, you just have to play actual defense unlike anything OSU did this season to shut them down.

Illini are toast. Can't get a stop. No movement offensively. Questionable to outright bad shot selection.

Looking primed to get routed here.

Brad Underwood is a great roster assembler but a pretty terrible coach. Especially offensively, they pretty much just pass it around and then go 1 on 1. UCONN is constantly moving and constantly picking for each other. Just a beautiful motion offense to watch

Tonight's games are on TBS, half of American households likely don't even have TBS. No wonder viewership for college bball is declining.
Beyond ridiculous, I wanted to watch the games tonight in the nice weather on my back patio with my satellite receiver but that’s out the door literally now.
Seriously, I have never heard from anyone else that they don't have TBS / TNT, etc. Since you obviously have internet access, this is not hard to figure out. Take a free 7 day trial on Youtube TV or Hulu TV.

Illinois can't score at the rim when the big guy is in.

They've incredibly fortunate to be this close.
Saw a stat this morning that Illini were 0-19 on shots contested by Clingan, and shot 14% when he was on the floor. Amazing.

I've watched a lot of ball in 63 years and cannot recall a 30-0 run in any game with 2 good college teams.

Would love to see Clingan vs. Edey.

Seriously, I have never heard from anyone else that they don't have TBS / TNT, etc. Since you obviously have internet access, this is not hard to figure out. Take a free 7 day trial on Youtube TV or Hulu TV.
YouTube TV and any other kind of internet Tv absolutely sucks for sports because like you I enjoy playing in game threads on message boards during games and Internet TV is a minute or two behind cable.

True. I’ve never heard of sports fans not having these channels. I get it if you’re not a sports fan and just use Netflix, etc. to get movies and whatnot, but I feel like TBS and TNT are standard on any possible service that a sports fan would have.

YouTube TV and any other kind of internet Tv absolutely sucks for sports because like you I enjoy playing in game threads on message boards during games and Internet TV is a minute or two behind cable.
I purposely stay off Twitter except during commercials because of this. I have Altafiber right now, and their Internet-based TV service has extremely poor latency issues, where it’s basically no better than the delay when using MLB.tv or any other streaming app.

When possible, I use apps on my Roku and just log in with my TV credentials. End up getting the same delay but a vastly superior picture quality that way.

4 of Bama’s starting 5 are transfers. All from mid-major programs. Let that sink in when someone on here tells you what kind of transfers Ohio St, or any team needs

Mark Sears-Ohio
Aaron Estrada-Hofstra
Latrell Wrightsell Jr-Call St-Fullerton
Grant Nelson-North Dakota St

I’m going to enjoy watching today’s games but it feels like UConn has this wrapped up. Bama isn’t beating them and none of the 4 teams playing today, except maybe Purdue, can matchup with them. And I say Purdue only bc of Eddy.

I purposely stay off Twitter except during commercials because of this. I have Altafiber right now, and their Internet-based TV service has extremely poor latency issues, where it’s basically no better than the delay when using MLB.tv or any other streaming app.

When possible, I use apps on my Roku and just log in with my TV credentials. End up getting the same delay but a vastly superior picture quality that way.
Ya, I just cannot do that. Satellite is the furthest ahead of even cable and I can watch ABC, CBS and a few other channels on just my little satellite USB plug in outside.

Goodness, Purdue has Edey but outside of him they have no speed or length on the perimeter and it’s killing them against Tennessee.

You need size, length, and shooting at all positions. The formula is not a secret