• Fairview Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Youngs. Mooney

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Canton Central

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congratulations to " Lutheran East ".I just don't understand why they choose to remove the denomination Lutheran from their jerseys. I know everyone wants a nickname, but really if they are a Lutheran school, they should be proud to display LUTHERAN EAST Maybe no room?? I understand St.Vincent-St.Mary going to StVM, but I think they occasionally even put the full name. With The Lue, guess it could be any school like Waterloo, or others.

Congratulations to " Lutheran East ".I just don't understand why they choose to remove the denomination Lutheran from their jerseys. I know everyone wants a nickname, but really if they are a Lutheran school, they should be proud to display LUTHERAN EAST Maybe no room?? I understand St.Vincent-St.Mary going to StVM, but I think they occasionally even put the full name. With The Lue, guess it could be any school like Waterloo, or others.
Lol.....there are a lot of schools that don't put their entire name on their jerseys. Some teams just put Wildcats and don't even mention the school name. Harvest Prep just had Prep on the front of their jerseys. Ottawa Glandorf has used OGHS at time over the years.

The nickname thing has been a growing trend for years. Not a fan personally but I suppose the kids like it which is why schools do it in the first place. “The Lue”, “The Ville”, “Thee Heights” are all examples I’ve seen.

Do you know anyone in the program? If so you could maybe ask them. Not really sure why it matters though. how can you say what they should be proud to display? Lol

Do you know anyone in the program? If so you could maybe ask them. Not really sure why it matters though. how can you say what they should be proud to display? Lol
Well I can say that because this is a " discussion board" and I brought it up. And that is my opinion as this must have been yours.

Well I can say that because this is a " discussion board" and I brought it up. And that is my opinion as this must have been yours.
So, Captain Obvious, why does it matter to you that they don’t display “Lutheran” on their jerseys? The congratulations just seems like a back-handed compliment. I guess you had to find something other than basketball to talk about a great basketball team.

So, Captain Obvious, why does it matter to you that they don’t display “Lutheran” on their jerseys? The congratulations just seems like a back-handed compliment. I guess you had to find something other than basketball to talk about a great basketball team.
Thank you for the title. Guess it wasn't obvious to you, Mr. Let's complain about others opinions on a " discussion board.

Thank you for the title. Guess it wasn't obvious to you, Mr. Let's complain about others opinions on a " discussion board.
Complain? Haha I asked you two questions, made a suggestion and made a comment simply stating that I wasn’t sure why it would matter. Instead of answering the questions, you know, in an attempt to have a discussion, you felt the need to point out that this was a discussion board and we all have opinions lol

The nickname thing has been a growing trend for years. Not a fan personally but I suppose the kids like it which is why schools do it in the first place. “The Lue”, “The Ville”, “Thee Heights” are all examples I’ve seen.
Shorthand references to a school instead of its full chartered name is convenient in common discussion, because western parlance eschews redundancy in favor of brevity, and it has been around for a while. It was going to bleed over into branding and apparel eventually.

wdym you’re not mistaking “The Lue” for a random 1-and-done public school basketball program that doesn’t have a ‘u’ in its name?????