2024 Boro Fan Almanac

For those who are curious, I posted an updated statistics sheet that includes 2024: https://www.borofanohio.net/the2024bfa
I am always envious as a hockey parent of the amount of focus and discussion that goes on in these pages. Boro Fan and Dubstat you do great work and are worthy heirs to a legacy of detailed prognostication. The Brakeman report fueled my interest in the sport as far back as I can remember. Great Insights, great discussions, and great work by all the kids who put in the time and effort to get better this year. Thank you

For those who are curious, I posted an updated statistics sheet that includes 2024: https://www.borofanohio.net/the2024bfa
Statistics Based off almanac rankings? Or your projections once you made picks from state qualifiers?

I'm interested to see your statistics based on rankings going into post season how they held up. I know you can't control injuries, guys not making weight, guys getting DQ'd but I would like to see how your rankings held up before you could move guys around based on Sectionals District Placing

I don’t think so. When I put them together in the past, it seemed to cause for more anger and arguing than anything else due to how subjective they can be.
Understandable. People will find something to complain about regardless. BUT heres how my senior and junior top 8 would go after the end of the season:

Seniors

1) Shulaw
2) Joy
3) Fockler
4) Birden
5) Ayoub
6) Campbell
7) Bennett
8) Neitenbach

Juniors

1) Blaze
2) Saccocia
3) Tucker
4) Thomas
5) J Miller
6) Younger
7) Kowalski

Understandable. People will find something to complain about regardless. BUT heres how my senior and junior top 8 would go after the end of the season:

Seniors

1) Shulaw
2) Joy
3) Fockler
4) Birden
5) Ayoub
6) Campbell
7) Bennett
8) Neitenbach

Juniors

1) Blaze
2) Saccocia
3) Tucker
4) Thomas
5) J Miller
6) Younger
7) Kowalski
Could you rank the current third grade Ohio girl gymnasts next? I think my niece is pretty good and I need an ego boost

Seniors

1) Shulaw
2) Joy
3) Fockler
4) Birden
5) Ayoub
6) Campbell
7) Bennett
8) Neitenbach

Juniors

1) Blaze
2) Saccocia
3) Tucker
4) Thomas
5) J Miller
6) Younger
7) Kowalski
How about your all Ohio team regardless of division.

I don’t think so. When I put them together in the past, it seemed to cause for more anger and arguing than anything else due to how subjective they can be.
I would like to see your all Ohio team regardless of division.

Seniors

1) Shulaw
2) Joy
3) Fockler
4) Birden
5) Ayoub
6) Campbell
7) Bennett
8) Neitenbach

Juniors

1) Blaze
2) Saccocia
3) Tucker
4) Thomas
5) J Miller
6) Younger
7) Kowalski
Shulaw is great but Joy is the best senior in Ohio

Is there anywhere that has statistics from each district for the state tournament? Like the amount of state champs/placers from each district. Figured I'd see it by now if it was out there but I might be blind like my wife tells me when I'm looking for something and can't find it.

Is there anywhere that has statistics from each district for the state tournament? Like the amount of state champs/placers from each district. Figured I'd see it by now if it was out there but I might be blind like my wife tells me when I'm looking for something and can't find it.
Women's

State Placers by Region

Harrison - 33
Mentor - 31
Olentangy Orange - 26
Marysville - 22

State Champions by Region
Harrison - 4
Mentor - 4
Olentangy Orange - 3
Marysville - 3

Men's Division 1