Northwest Ohio Realignment

We are supposed to be on site 90 minutes before kickoff. We are always early. That may not work for every crew because of work requirements. I don't judge.

Most of our schedule is more than a 30 minute drive. Some of that is our choice, some of that is the fact that there is only one urban area in NW Ohio and we don't live there.
Exactly. So it can easily turn into a 6 hour night. For ~$100 in sweltering heat or freezing cold too for 3-4 of those weeks.

Any residents of House District 75 have prognostications, observations or thoughts on the Ghanbari/Culling race?

I know someone who knows Ghanban, He is voting for Culling.
The anti-Culling commercial was pretty funny though. It was like a horror movie preview. Pretty creative. It was an attack ad. But at least it was a funny attack ad.

The anti-Culling commercial was pretty funny though. It was like a horror movie preview. Pretty creative. It was an attack ad. But at least it was a funny attack ad.
Ghanbari got like $350,000 from the State Republican PAC...they obviously want him. He was buddy/buddy with Householder too.

I already knew they had a schedule ready to go for a winless season of 11 man but I figured I’d try and get talk going of them going 8 man
Last year would have been the year to move to 8 man if they were ever going to. They graduated all their talent and BVC kicked them out. I think they only had a couple seniors last year so actually protentional have more players back than the year before. Classes look to keep getting smaller so one of these days are going to have to give up 11 man but IMO if they do try to drop to 8 man that will not have enough players for that has more players will just open enroll to Carey.

The honestly might be a competitive 8 man team. This may keep the kids there versus leaving for Carey. They should give it a shot as an attempt to preserve their long term stability. I think if they are 11 man only, that will force and push kids away to go to other districts. I think we can all agree this current path is not sustainable.

I still don't understand why 8 man is the magic cure-all for some of these struggling schools. An 8 man team with only 14 on the roster is still struggling. You're not saving any costs, time, or effort compared to traditional football. The only difference is that you're now traveling hours all over the place to play other traditionally bad programs that have also dropped to 8 man. What's stopping them from doing that already? Nothing, and that's what Vanlue's figured out

I don't think it is the cure-all; I was just saying 8 might be easier to sustain with 13 kids than 11 man with 13. Might buy them a few more years. They are traveling all over now on their schedule playing some bad teams and looking online some teams twice.

I still don't understand why 8 man is the magic cure-all for some of these struggling schools. An 8 man team with only 14 on the roster is still struggling. You're not saving any costs, time, or effort compared to traditional football. The only difference is that you're now traveling hours all over the place to play other traditionally bad programs that have also dropped to 8 man. What's stopping them from doing that already? Nothing, and that's what Vanlue's figured out
The point of switching to 8-man has nothing to do with "costs, time, or effort."

Speaking of LB, will the BVC look for a 10th football member once LB leaves? With Vanlue booted and LB leaving, that will make 9 for football, right?
Yes the BVC is scheduled for 9 football schools in 2026. I think the question becomes who can they attract? Certainly not anyone to the North as PH has shown no interest in each round of realignment (elmwood, Leipsic&Ada) . To the South, they face the NWCC also with 9 football schools. Can both leagues survive without picking one of from each other?

The SBC River is at 11 (6 north, 5 South schools) for all sports outside of football. I'd think they'd want to even that out with a non-football playing school OR send Willard back up to the Bay and grab another football playing school. We'll see.

You'd think the BVC would try and grab someone as well as the NWCC....OR...Arcadia/Riverdale jumps to the NWCC and fixes both problems.

Yes the BVC is scheduled for 9 football schools in 2026. I think the question becomes who can they attract? Certainly not anyone to the North as PH has shown no interest in each round of realignment (elmwood, Leipsic&Ada) . To the South, they face the NWCC also with 9 football schools. Can both leagues survive without picking one of from each other?
Arcadia to the NWCC makes 10 and leaves 8 in the BVC. Like rollingtrain said, that fixes the problem

PH makes sense geographically, or maybe convince Hopewell Loudon to come back, but neither of those seems at all likely.
I don't see Riverdale or Arcadia wanting to leave for NWCC, particularly since Ada is joining. That's another similar competition school being added.
I also don't know who would be interested in joining the NWCC in general. I don't see any nearby teams that are in a position where joining the NWCC helps them competitively.
A big problem I noticed this year with the NWCC is that if you have a girls JV program in most sports, you have to basically schedule an entire separate JV schedule. Elgin had enough girls for a JV and frosh basketball team this year and had a lot 2 quarter or canceled JV games, and I don't think they even entertained a frosh team for that reason as well.

I also don't know who would be interested in joining the NWCC in general. I don't see any nearby teams that are in a position where joining the NWCC helps them competitively.
I still think Ada made an dumb move in joining the BVC. They left the Northwest Conference where they're a bottom 1/3 team in most sports to join the BVC where they'll continue to be in the bottom 1/3. Some people have said it on here before, but they should have joined the NWCC.

Geographically it would have made perfect sense. They're a straight 15 minute shot from USV, Hardin Northern, and Cory Rawson, and less than 30 minutes from Perry, WG, and Temple. Competitively they would have been way better off too. I read a quote in the Lima News that said the seeds for leaving NWC started all the way back when USV was kicked from the league, so why wouldn't you look in that direction?

I still think Ada made an dumb move in joining the BVC. They left the Northwest Conference where they're a bottom 1/3 team in most sports to join the BVC where they'll continue to be in the bottom 1/3. Some people have said it on here before, but they should have joined the NWCC.

Geographically it would have made perfect sense. They're a straight 15 minute shot from USV, Hardin Northern, and Cory Rawson, and less than 30 minutes from Perry, WG, and Temple. Competitively they would have been way better off too. I read a quote in the Lima News that said the seeds for leaving NWC started all the way back when USV was kicked from the league, so why wouldn't you look in that direction?
I think there's a big difference between being bottom 1/3 and not knowing where your next win is coming from. That's where CR and NB were when they joined the NWCC. At this time, I think Ada will be competitive with Arcadia and Riverdale, maybe Van Buren and Elmwood too.

I'd like to have them in NWCC. And nothing against current NWCC schools because they all compete hard and have a lot of pride in their programs but usually NWCC is a bit of a last resort.

I think there's a big difference between being bottom 1/3 and not knowing where your next win is coming from.
They're still in that spot. Ada was 1-6 this year in NWC play, and they lost to Riverdale in week 2 who was 1-6 in the BVC. The competition in the BVC is very comparable to NWC, especially in football and boys basketball. They essentially made a lateral move to a league where they'll have more travel time and the same level of competition