Cleveland Browns 2024 Edition

I can almost feel it. It's December, we're 9-7. Watson has been in and out all year. Wild card birth on the line in Pittsburgh/Baltimore/Cincy, Jameis comes in and throws 6 picks in a blowout loss.

I can almost feel it. It's December, we're 9-7. Watson has been in and out all year. Wild card birth on the line in Pittsburgh/Baltimore/Cincy, Jameis comes in and throws 6 picks in a blowout loss.
He would be hard pressed to throw as many as Flacco did, especially in the playoffs.

To add to that big Jameis Winston news, the Ravens have just signed Derrick Henry. Just when we make a big signing, they have to try and one up us. Not sure what Henry has left in the tank, but his is an instant upgrade over what they ended the season with.

To add to that big Jameis Winston news, the Ravens have just signed Derrick Henry. Just when we make a big signing, they have to try and one up us. Not sure what Henry has left in the tank, but his is an instant upgrade over what they ended the season with.

He’s washed up. Not worried about him. The main concern is the Ravens are a superior organization and it will be difficult to ever overtake them in the division.

Another disturbing report is from a national analyst ( forgot his name) who was on the morning talk show saying that Jeudy has a problem hanging onto the ball and, when he is not the main target, has a tendency to run lazy routes. He called him a person with unlimited talent, but merely an average football player.

Winston is younger than Flacco and will cause no controversy about who should be playing in the minds of the fans. Flacco's presence could have been triggering to Watson, who must be successful or heads will roll.

I don't think the Browns are much concerned with their players being likable. Watson...Hunt...Manziel...Mayfield...

Jameis is fine as a backup QB/occasional starter. The best signing was brining back Zadarius. Henry is not what he once was but he'll be another weapon to add to Lamar in short yardage. The move I think makes sense in the division is the Steelers bringing in Queen. I'd have liked him in a Browns uni.

I don't think the Browns are much concerned with their players being likable. Watson...Hunt...Manziel...Mayfield...

Jameis is fine as a backup QB/occasional starter. The best signing was brining back Zadarius. Henry is not what he once was but he'll be another weapon to add to Lamar in short yardage. The move I think makes sense in the division is the Steelers bringing in Queen. I'd have liked him in a Browns uni.

You might want to rethink the Henry “is not what he use to be.” Granted Henry is 30 with 2030 carries for over 9000 yards but in a 2023 week 18 game he broke off a 69 yard TD run and reached a top end speed of 21.68 mph which was good enough for 7th fastest in the NFL last season.

Can Henry carry it 300+ times on 2024; probably not. But can he tote the ball 200 times in say 15 games at 4.00+ yards a carry….I’d guess so. Keep in mind the Ravens still have DK Dobbins. It’s the Ravens, they will make it work.

You might want to rethink the Henry “is not what he use to be.” Granted Henry is 30 with 2030 carries for over 9000 yards but in a 2023 week 18 game he broke off a 69 yard TD run and reached a top end speed of 21.68 mph which was good enough for 7th fastest in the NFL last season.

Can Henry carry it 300+ times on 2024; probably not. But can he tote the ball 200 times in say 15 games at 4.00+ yards a carry….I’d guess so. Keep in mind the Ravens still have DK Dobbins. It’s the Ravens, they will make it work.
I think he's still good but he's 30 and has taken a ton of hits. He's still a top 15 RB, just not the top guy he was 3 or 4 years ago. I suspect they've had their fill of Dobbins. The Mitchell kid is dynamic and a great change of pace back.

Another disturbing report is from a national analyst ( forgot his name) who was on the morning talk show saying that Jeudy has a problem hanging onto the ball and, when he is not the main target, has a tendency to run lazy routes. He called him a person with unlimited talent, but merely an average football player.
I don't dislike the Jeudy trade, I hate the fan response to it on more popular platforms. You'd think Jeudy was a pro-bowl receiver that we stole from Denver by the response on Twitter/Reddit.

Now, why I don't dislike it. Guy clearly has plenty of upside and may benefit from a change of scenery. He may not. We really didn't give up a whole lot for the chance to know if he can reach his potential. A lot of distractions here though which works against that theory.

I hated the Cooper trade because I thought he was washed up. I couldn't have been more wrong. Now, Cooper and Jeudy are completely different personalities, but it has to help Jeudy to have a guy like Cooper playing with him.

I don't dislike the Jeudy trade, I hate the fan response to it on more popular platforms. You'd think Jeudy was a pro-bowl receiver that we stole from Denver by the response on Twitter/Reddit.

Now, why I don't dislike it. Guy clearly has plenty of upside and may benefit from a change of scenery. He may not. We really didn't give up a whole lot for the chance to know if he can reach his potential. A lot of distractions here though which works against that theory.

I hated the Cooper trade because I thought he was washed up. I couldn't have been more wrong. Now, Cooper and Jeudy are completely different personalities, but it has to help Jeudy to have a guy like Cooper playing with him.
For a 5th and a 6th, I don't mind this trade. If he can produce anything it will be a better use of draft capital than say a 3rd for Cade York.

Well this is disappointing. Jameis Winston... 😭 The Browns seem to be going for the most unlikeable QB room possible. Good luck to Joe Flacco, wherever he goes.

It doesn't concern me too much.

The bottom line for the Browns is if Watson is not healthy for the entire season, or the vast majority of the season to include the home stretch, this team won't go very far.

A reporter for the AP said that the word around the league is that Watson had something to do with Flacco not be re-signed.

The Browns didn't want to have a division amongst fans if Watson isn't great right away and the fans ( and the locker room) starting clamoring for Flacco, who is more popular than Watson. Sorry, but he seems to always be given the, " He needs time to get back in playing shape" defense. This year, he has to be great right away. Period; no excuses.

Let's not forget that Watson had two injuries to his throwing shoulder last year. First, he had the micro tears in his rotator cuff then the broken bone that took him out.

Let's not forget that Watson had two injuries to his throwing shoulder last year. First, he had the micro tears in his rotator cuff then the broken bone that took him out.
Cleveland fans will no longer accept excuses; it's over. Yes, he had serious injuries, but he was never the most popular person in town. He has produce right away or the fans will destroy the Browns, calling out for Flacco at home games. With Winston, fans might be more hesitant to call on him to play as they would have done with Flacco. The unfortunate truth is that, injuries or not, Watson cannot afford to have a weak start. Again.

Cleveland fans will no longer accept excuses; it's over. Yes, he had serious injuries, but he was never the most popular person in town. He has produce right away or the fans will destroy the Browns, calling out for Flacco at home games. With Winston, fans might be more hesitant to call on him to play as they would have done with Flacco. The unfortunate truth is that, injuries or not, Watson cannot afford to have a weak start. Again.
Yep. No more damn excuses. No rust...no injuries...no pressures of litigation...no BS. They've mortgaged the team's future on the guy. Time to start seeing some returns.

Meanwhile over in Indy, week 17 - Flacco throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs coming off the bench, clinching a playoff spot for the Colts. Fans are suddenly enraptured with the new favorite QB, and the Colts go on to a fine playoff run while the Browns are home watching it on TV, wondering what might've been. Berry's looking at the analytics but can't figure it out...

Meanwhile over in Indy, week 17 - Flacco throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs coming off the bench, clinching a playoff spot for the Colts. Fans are suddenly enraptured with the new favorite QB, and the Colts go on to a fine playoff run while the Browns are home watching it on TV, wondering what might've been. Berry's looking at the analytics but can't figure it out...
Richardson is the Colts franchise QB hope. Flacco isn’t going there with a prayer of starting other than due to injury.

I didn't mean for that comment to get some traction, just an attempt at a joke about Jameis' ability to throw picks. I think Jameis is a hilarious player full of personality. He's the definition of a gunslinger. Does he have a perfect character record? No. Do I care? No. I would've rather had him on this team in the dark days, not now when it's clear that we have a chance at actually doing something.

Flacco played his worst game in a Browns uniform when it mattered most and forced some throws he shouldn't have. That has been forgotten quickly. That isn't to discredit him taking a team that was left for dead to the playoffs. If Flacco won the game in Houston there's a chance that he's the starter now. He didn't. That's the business.

I have to agree with tom 48, this will all go away if Watson plays well to start the year. If not, the fans will scream for Winston first, then Flacco if that goes wrong. But if that all happens, Berry will already be gone.

I didn't mean for that comment to get some traction, just an attempt at a joke about Jameis' ability to throw picks. I think Jameis is a hilarious player full of personality. He's the definition of a gunslinger. Does he have a perfect character record? No. Do I care? No. I would've rather had him on this team in the dark days, not now when it's clear that we have a chance at actually doing something.

Flacco played his worst game in a Browns uniform when it mattered most and forced some throws he shouldn't have. That has been forgotten quickly. That isn't to discredit him taking a team that was left for dead to the playoffs. If Flacco won the game in Houston there's a chance that he's the starter now. He didn't. That's the business.

I have to agree with tom 48, this will all go away if Watson plays well to start the year. If not, the fans will scream for Winston first, then Flacco if that goes wrong. But if that all happens, Berry will already be gone.
Winston stole $32.72 worth of crab legs and crawfish from a Publix grocery store when he was 20 years old. I'm not as concerned about his character (or judgment) as I am with a guy who booked "massage appointments" with at least 66 different women over 17 months.