Suburban League - American (23/24)

Who will win the Suburban League American in 2023-24?

• Aurora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barberton

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Copley

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Cuyahoga Falls

• Highland

• Kent Roosevelt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revere

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Tallmadge

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Just disappointed how empty the gym was for a playoff game of a team with a great record (albeit only one good win). I think the Barberton community can support the criminal record and inappropriate displays if we win but this act will get old quick. It appears it already has with the lack of support last night. I remember those 90s teams where the gym was packed for scrimmages more than a playoff game last night.
Yes McPride whatever you say. How many T’s did your players get last year? How many wins?

This sounds personal!! You seem like a disgruntled parent or former coach!! Instead of bad mouthing him on a nameless faceless forum, have the fortitude to go talk to him directly!
Just a disappointed local, that is it. If the schedule rumors are true about them replacing good teams with the bad ones I will move to Coventry where at least I know they will play good teams.

Looks like Revere is representing well. Maybe not surprising with that coach and the fundamental, move the ball and play strong D system he runs. Some of the others -- some very early and/or ugly exits.

Laughable!!
0-23 to 19-4 doesn’t deserve COY???
I see the hate is real for Hazard and Barberton! WOW!

It was clear who the dominant team was in the league!

It is coach of the year not who can ravage other schools of talent then lose when you have way more talent than other schools.

It is coach of the year not who can ravage other schools of talent then lose when you have way more talent than other schools.
Quit crying about kids transferring and look at his body of work, the turnaround!! Damn give him his credit, and if you think this year was a topic, you’re in for a real treat next season!!

Quit crying about kids transferring and look at his body of work, the turnaround!! Damn give him his credit, and if you think this year was a topic, you’re in for a real treat next season!!

Credit for what? The Barberton fans are upset with how this team underperformed this year. Just admit you were way off base and move on. It is okay!

Credit for what? The Barberton fans are upset with how this team underperformed this year. Just admit you were way off base and move on. It is okay!

I certainly wouldn’t say I was “off base” in saying Hazard and Holley should’ve been COY/POY!! You and I both know that’s how it should’ve went!!!!! As far as the fans being upset because the team “underperformed” you are DELUSIONAL if you think 0-23 to 19-4 is “underperforming” Just admit you’re sour because your family was cut from the team!

I certainly wouldn’t say I was “off base” in saying Hazard and Holley should’ve been COY/POY!! You and I both know that’s how it should’ve went!!!!! As far as the fans being upset because the team “underperformed” you are DELUSIONAL if you think 0-23 to 19-4 is “underperforming” Just admit you’re sour because your family was cut from the team!
Would you be upset if your son was cut to make room for his three recruits? Serious question. I'd bet you say no but you know you would be.

What fans are upset? The team was winless last year and won their league this year. How could anyone say that's underperforming?

What fans are upset? The team was winless last year and won their league this year. How could anyone say that's underperforming?

What people are concerned about was any close game we were in, we came up short. The basic basketball sets that work in the city series did not work as well. We were able to win with the recruits but anyone that we played with a pulse the coach was able to destroy us. A lot was left to be desired for an all star team that did not play anyone.

I hope Haz can bring someone in to help with drawing up plays and such. The current staff just claps and plays with the towels on the bench. He no doubt is able to acquire talent but the coaching he often struggles to process the game quickly.

What people are concerned about was any close game we were in, we came up short. The basic basketball sets that work in the city series did not work as well. We were able to win with the recruits but anyone that we played with a pulse the coach was able to destroy us. A lot was left to be desired for an all star team that did not play anyone.

I hope Haz can bring someone in to help with drawing up plays and such. The current staff just claps and plays with the towels on the bench. He no doubt is able to acquire talent but the coaching he often struggles to process the game quickly.
That is complete nonsense. The best team Barberton played all year was CVCA and the Magics won 47-45. Beat Revere 60-56; Copley 49-46. Barberton is one of the schools I have followed since the 1970's. You seem to have a real ax to grind with Coach Hazzard. Why?

I see you have a personal issue with Haz…Because Haz and his staff has turned every program they’ve been to around IE Ellet, East, now Barberton!!! Prove me wrong!!