Federal League 2023-2024

I was there. It was SRO. And the refs certainly allowed both teams alot of leniency.., Alliance should have reserved some seating for the GlenOak students who were relegated to standing in balcony, although don't think they minded!
They did mind. It was the 1st thing my son said about the game.

Jackson 39
Mentor 27

Half

Jackson led by as much as 17, GlenOak got an offensive rebound and layup to end the half. Go bears!

Jackson 59
Mentor 52

End of 3

A bad call by the refs gives Mentor 2 before the quarter ends, don't agree with Debevec's choice to sit Anthony for the last 1:30.

Jackson 69
Mentor 70

1:12 to go

I hate to complain so much but these refs are mugging Jackson... I pray that Jackson is given a fair shot to win this game. Mentor inbounding.

But mentor got no bad calls?
Mentor was given call after call, Jackson was called for at least two charges while standing still, if we blinked at Mentor while shooting it was a shooting foul, but it doesn't matter anymore, THE BETTER TEAM PREVAILED!

Mentor was given call after call, Jackson was called for at least two charges while standing still, if we blinked at Mentor while shooting it was a shooting foul, but it doesn't matter anymore, THE BETTER TEAM PREVAILED!
Congrat on the win and now Ignatius.

The Jackson v. Mentor District Final has been moved to 6pm Saturday to accommodate for the Girls Regional Final earlier in the day.

Congrats to Rick Hairston!! He’s took 3 different high school teams into regionals and somehow McKinley fans hated that man!!
He never lived up to expectations after the merger and retired because if medical issues then resurfaced. You make it sound like McKinley fans ran him out of Canton which is not accurate

He never lived up to expectations after the merger and retired because if medical issues then resurfaced. You make it sound like McKinley fans ran him out of Canton which is not accurate
Didn't live up to expectations? In his first year at McKinley the guy won a district title against Kyle Young and Jackson and got to the Elite 8. Then two years later you guys upset Lake in the District Semis and took Jackson to overtime in the Final. Those were some damn good McKinley teams.

Showing my laziness as a fan here... should both Jackson and GlenOak win again, would it result in the first Fed vs. Fed regional final? Or has one been played before?

Showing my laziness as a fan here... should both Jackson and GlenOak win again, would it result in the first Fed vs. Fed regional final? Or has one been played before?
Lake and Jackson played in the 2014 regional semifinals, with the Blue Streaks winning in overtime. Not sure about a regional final.

In 2021 there could have been a Jackson vs Hoover final, but both teams lost in the previous round to mentor and medina respectively.

I will say it's a longshot with Jackson vs. St Ignatius... Very much a David vs. Goliath type game here.

Lake and Jackson played in the 2014 regional semifinals, with the Blue Streaks winning in overtime. Not sure about a regional final.

In 2021 there could have been a Jackson vs Hoover final, but both teams lost in the previous round to mentor and medina respectively.
That was a hell of a game at Cleveland State between Lake and Jackson

Regional Semi-Finals
Tuesday 03/12/24 7PM
Glenoak vs Brunswick Kent State
Wednesday 03/13/24 7PM
Jackson vs St. Ignatius Kent State

Louisville fan here, first off I want to start by saying hats off to Glen Oak and Coach Hairiston. They are a phenomenal basketball team and deserved to win the game, I felt like in general they were better prepared and wanted it more. A lot of my fellow Leopards are blaming the officials which I think is wrong, they were calling the game both ways and I've been watching playoff basketball for a long time, sure more fouls should have been called but they weren't, adjust to the way the game is being called and move on. This falls on Louisvilles coaches inability to adjust during the game. Our teams the last two seasons have been too good to preform as poorly as they have when it matters most. Talent wise you can't tell me this team can't hang with the top tier teams in the state, we have a McKinley graduate in town (no names, please) who said in his opinion he thought this was the most talented starting five he's seen in Stark County since the 05-06 McKinley teams. No disrespect to the Jackson state title teams but I agree. Coach S has really done a fantastic job of building this program up and done great with youth development but in game he does way too much behaving like a fan instead of a coach. He should have been coaching up his players to increase their physicality and want too especially when it came to rebounding the basketball.

I am not looking forward to next year, if the rumors are true I want this team to opt into playing Division 1, but everyone here seems so sold on taking the "easy" road and going into Division 3 where we likely will have an easy path to the State Championship. I get it, I do, but with the core group we have returning I just don't know what kind of message you send by not taking a path you could succeed in in exchange for what I believe and others who have more knowledge then me say will likely be a cake walk. Ultimately, I am proud of the young men on this team for being what I consider to be the best team in program history and next year they should be even better, but it's just very sad they don't even have a district title to show for it when I believe they could have competed in Dayton.

Didn't live up to expectations? In his first year at McKinley the guy won a district title against Kyle Young and Jackson and got to the Elite 8. Then two years later you guys upset Lake in the District Semis and took Jackson to overtime in the Final. Those were some damn good McKinley teams.
This is why I have always been envious of McKinley and their awesome tradition in basketball and football, anything less then a regional title is not living up to expectations. Set a high bar for excellence and humans will strive to do the improbable/impossible."Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars." - Les Brown is one of my all time favorite quotes.