GCL Co-ed 2023-24

Dang, Badin took Fenwick to the wood shed. Been a looooong time since Badin had a decent BBall team
Badin has a superior coaching staff and it showed. First things first, the Fenwick Coach should of said something to the Referees about the Badin Coach hanging out on the Court almost the entire game. Not once was it addressed. Fenwick Coach made zero adjustments at halftime. How in the heck can you come out in the second half with the exact same game plan?

The Badin coach and his assistant coaches knew exactly what they were doing. Very obvious as they played bully ball to push around the Fenwick kids and once their shooters got hot it was over.

Badin has a superior coaching staff and it showed. First things first, the Fenwick Coach should of said something to the Referees about the Badin Coach hanging out on the Court almost the entire game. Not once was it addressed. Fenwick Coach made zero adjustments at halftime. How in the heck can you come out in the second half with the exact same game plan?

The Badin coach and his assistant coaches knew exactly what they were doing. Very obvious as they played bully ball to push around the Fenwick kids and once their shooters got hot it was over.
Again. Fenwick is just fenwick. 6’10 and 6’8 in d2 and out in the sectionals.

Good win for Badin. They played 3 times this year 58-36 fenwick, 47-41 Badin, 54-30 Badin. Crazy scores. Fenwick had some nice wins this year, but got to stay consistent.

Badin got a great tourney draw. #2 Woodward jumps in with #1 Wyoming. McNick jumped in with Taft.
You think maybe they saw that Badin had lost 2 of their past 11 games and thought the route they took was a better slot. A lot of the teams in the draw stay away from the gcl teams.

You think maybe they saw that Badin had lost 2 of their past 11 games and thought the route they took was a better slot. A lot of the teams in the draw stay away from the gcl teams.
Those teams went on the board before Badin. Woodward was the #2 seed and jumped in with the #1 seed Wyoming. That opened up the other two sectionals for other teams.

Last edited:
Those teams went on the board before Badin. Woodward was the #2 seed and jumped in with the #1 seed Wyoming. That opened up the other two sectionals for other teams.
That was an obvious incorrect move.
With the new seeding rules I assume teams are still allowed to pass when it comes to their seed turn?

That was an obvious incorrect move.
With the new seeding rules I assume teams are still allowed to pass when it comes to their seed turn?
Woodward and logic have never had a good relationship at the D2 draw. This year is no different. Rooks told everyone where he was going and Woodward still went to Princeton.

Saturday give me the knights by 10+. Expect McNick to come out and keep it close in the beginning. They don't have the offense the knights have. And I don’t see enough shooting to beat the zone. Game 2 Wyoming by whatever number you wanna put out there. Going to be a beat down. Game 3 will the moment be to big for the surging rams?? CJ has been here and done it. Really don’t see a clear cut favorite in that game. Interested to hear others thoughts on that game.

I think the Rams take this by 10 due to their physical defense and streaky offense.
By 10?!?!? The Eagles beat the Rams by 19 and 14. I get they’re playing much better ball now but so is CJ. Not saying the rams can’t win because i think this will be close, but rams by 10 is something.

By 10?!?!? The Eagles beat the Rams by 19 and 14. I get they’re playing much better ball now but so is CJ. Not saying the rams can’t win because i think this will be close, but rams by 10 is something.
Badin shooting a ton of 3’s recently. More than half their FGA have been 3’s in the tourney games so far. Shooting a bunch of 3’s in UD Arena isn’t always the easiest thing to do.

CJ just beat Alter by 30 and Trotwood. Lol.

Badin shooting a ton of 3’s recently. More than half their FGA have been 3’s in the tourney games so far. Shooting a bunch of 3’s in UD Arena isn’t always the easiest thing to do.
Teams that have 3s as the main part of their game usually trip up when they get to the college arenas. The empty backdrop behind the basket tends to wreak havoc on normal high school 3 point shooters.

That season ending laydown at CJ was stanky. You don't bring it at this stage anyone can make any team pay. Maybe it brought some reality to Alter squad.
I agree. It was unexplainable. Alter’s recent scores look like they are back to normal. A loss will teach a good team a lot about themselves.

I agree. It was unexplainable. Alter’s recent scores look like they are back to normal. A loss will teach a good team a lot about themselves.
Woody Hayes used to say “There’s nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”

Knights win 64-54 and advance to the regionals for the third straight season. That is district title #30 for the program

Last edited:
I think the Rams take this by 10 due to their physical defense and streaky offense.
I guess I’m wrong! Good call. I guess the old saying “it’s hard to beat a team 3 times” rang true. Credit to Coach Fleming. He’s got these kids peaking at the right time!

Badin has turned a whole 180 since the beginning of the year. Wow congrats to the rams could you imagine an Alter-Badin regional basketball final