Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 8-2

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 9-1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-0

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
No doubt, I’m from campbell. Hubbard was a joke up until the 90s-00s. Campbell was one of the best teams in the valley for years if not decades . I’ve always been a fan but it’s been hard for the past 15 years to watch. the grandkids play in hubbard so I gotta support.
Respect

Schedule is definitely tougher than last year on the non conference side… it’s not 3 free wins.

I don’t know how good Brookfield is going to be but I believe they are going to be better than last season and last season they were not good but still finished five and five. I will put that game as a tossup because Hubbard didn’t beat anyone either.

Wilmington I have no idea honestly they are a western Pennsylvania team and I don’t follow Western Pennsylvania that well. They were 4-6 last season like Hubbard.

And Howland is the free win.

Beaver local won’t be as good as last season. They just lost their best player in 20 years. Hubbard should win that game as well.

As far as conference play, who really knows I don’t really see them beating south range, Struthers or Poland, but they could probably win the rest of those if the stars align.

I can see Hubbard winning anywhere from 5-7 games. Wouldn't be surprised if they start 4-0. 2024 feels like 2023 all over again. SR and Struthers predicted to finish 1-2. Poland will be underrated again but should be 3 and I see Hubbard at 4. Poland and Hubbard could be interchangeable depending how the season goes. And every year we hear that Niles, Lakeview and Girard will be better and then they finish middle of the pack to the bottom. Hence- 2023 all over again? For the record- this should be the year for Struthers. They have the talent to make a nice run.

As a Hubbard guy, I hope to see them rebound from last years 4-6 record. First losing record since God knows when.

My Prediction: 6-4 *Although I can admit I have no idea about BL.
8/23 Brookfield W
8/30 Wilmington Area W
9/26 Howland W
9/13 Niles Mckinley W
9/20 Poland L
9/27 Struthers (Homecoming) L
10/4 Beaver Local W
10/11 Lakeview W
10/18 Girard L
10/25 South Range L

As much heat as the Coaching Staff gets at times, I do think they are well coached. But any sensical fan knows that it comes down to Jimmy's and Joe's. Is that QB back from last year? The Songer kid is a great athlete. 3 sport star. Playing QB as a Sophomore is tough for anyone but he shouldn't be written off at QB. The days of being a power house are in the past, for now...
I think BL should be a lock for a win, they lose their everything QB.

I think the thing that’s so different at Hubbard other then the obvious that kids like Scott and hill are now taking their talents to Ursuline again is the fact that they have lost or had close games with teams they shouldn’t have because of penalties. It’s hard to win any game when you’re behind the chains on early downs

No doubt, I’m from campbell. Hubbard was a joke up until the 90s-00s. Campbell was one of the best teams in the valley for years if not decades . I’ve always been a fan but it’s been hard for the past 15 years to watch. the grandkids play in hubbard so I gotta support.

Curious. Other than the better part of the 80's..............when was Hubbard a Joke?

Guy, I'm sorry, but it's tough to read your posts a lot of the time. They can be so cringy. You don't need to take everything so personal when people give their opinions.
Guy, I suggest you look up the definition of "banter".

FYI, Hubbard's QB Hackwelder will be a senior this fall, he's also a very good wrestler.

FYI, Hubbard's QB Hackwelder will be a senior this fall, he's also a very good wrestler.

Interesting strategy w/Hackwelder. He wrestled at 175 all season then bumped up to 190 and won the Sectional Championship to advance to the District. Seese bumped from 190 to 215 and placed 3rd or 4th and also advanced. Bowser won it at 285 and advanced too, as did one of the lighter weights (cant recall his name right now) who placed 2nd (I think).

Just from reading the local news, it's seems that HHS has had a pretty good wrestling season.

Interesting strategy w/Hackwelder. He wrestled at 175 all season then bumped up to 190 and won the Sectional Championship to advance to the District. Seese bumped from 190 to 215 and placed 3rd or 4th and also advanced. Bowser won it at 285 and advanced too, as did one of the lighter weights (cant recall his name right now) who placed 2nd (I think).

Just from reading the local news, it's seems that HHS has had a pretty good wrestling season.
Maybe they had others at those weight classes and none that were competitive in the classes they moved to? Wrestling is much more strategic than the average person realizes. The SR guys on here would know more then me on it

Too bad that Campbell dropped it's wrestling program way back when. In the old SVC days Campbell, Fitch, Boardman, Hubbard, Ursuline, and Howland all had teams, then when Hubbard and Campbell left the league Warren Western Reserve jumped in with theirs. Most of those teams were also in the Eastern Ohio Wrestling League (EOWL) at the same time. That league is still cooking today.

"Banter - the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks."

Pal, I did your homework on "banter", but nothing about your comments seem playful.

In return, please look up the definition of "cringey". Seems more appropriate.

For example: "No bragging in Hubbard.....except for The Beautiful." What does this even mean?!

"Banter - the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks."

Pal, I did your homework on "banter", but nothing about your comments seem playful.

In return, please look up the definition of "cringey". Seems more appropriate.

For example: "No bragging in Hubbard.....except for The Beautiful." What does this even mean?!
Pal, my advice to you is hit my name then hit ignore. You won't hurt my feelings whatsoever...

When was Hubbard a joke?
In the 1960's for example, Eagles were 51-33-1. They won two SVC championships. That's when the SVC was considered one of the best football conferences in the state.

When was Hubbard a joke?
In the 1960's for example, Eagles were 51-33-1. They won two SVC championships. That's when the SVC was considered one of the best football conferences in the state.

60's SVC sure was. Town vs Town smash football. Great games, Blowouts, and Upsets almost every week.

There's many, but a couple examples that quickly come to mind:

1964 Girard went 8-2, gave up 5 td's all year...........................finished 3rd in the SVC.

1969 Hubbard beats Fitch 31-0. Struthers beats Hubbard 13-6. Fitch beats Struthers 42-8. Fitch wins the SVC. Struthers finishes 6-3-1, Hubbard 4-6.

Here is some Hubbard-Struthers stuff:

1916 Hubbard's first football game ever was against Struthers. Struthers won 21-0. Struthers first football game ever was earlier that year against Rayen. Rayen won 39-0. Hubbard and Struthers played each other again that season and Struthers won that one 28-0. Struthers finished at 3-1, and Hubbard at 0-5-1. BTW, Rayen finished 6-4.

1917 Both teams only played one game that year and it was against each other. Hubbard won 19-0.

Fast Forward 33 years to the original SVC.............

1950's Struthers led the series 7-3
1960's Series tied at 5-5
1970's Series tied at 5-5
--------

From 1981-2000 Struthers went 17-2 against Hubbard.
From 2001-2023 Hubbard went 17-5 against Struthers.
------

All Time W/L/T Record and Win Percentage

Struthers 520-452-34 .534
Hubbard 513-455-15 .530

:ROFLMAO: This post is based upon my handcount of 100+ years of info/data. Feel free to make corrections. My eyeballs and mind are shot! It's time for a drink.....

Here is some Hubbard-Struthers stuff:

1916 Hubbard's first football game ever was against Struthers. Struthers won 21-0. Struthers first football game ever was earlier that year against Rayen. Rayen won 39-0. Hubbard and Struthers played each other again that season and Struthers won that one 28-0. Struthers finished at 3-1, and Hubbard at 0-5-1. BTW, Rayen finished 6-4.

1917 Both teams only played one game that year and it was against each other. Hubbard won 19-0.

Fast Forward 33 years to the original SVC.............

1950's Struthers led the series 7-3
1960's Series tied at 5-5
1970's Series tied at 5-5
--------

From 1981-2000 Struthers went 17-2 against Hubbard.
From 2001-2023 Hubbard went 17-5 against Struthers.
------

All Time W/L/T Record and Win Percentage

Struthers 520-452-34 .534
Hubbard 513-455-15 .530

:ROFLMAO: This post is based upon my handcount of 100+ years of info/data. Feel free to make corrections. My eyeballs and mind are shot! It's time for a drink.....
H2H total is 55-35 in favor of Struthers as well. But your 1916 info is off. I’ll post a picture.

Actually I don’t know if it’s off or my book is just not in chronological order for the 1916 season.

Last edited:
image.jpg