Toledo Area Basketball 23-24

Lutheran west is a different beast. Would be a D1 final four team.
Watched them run all over Lima Senior yesterday. Watched them walk into the gym and then watched warm ups and my first thought was "there is no way this can be the best D2 team in Ohio".....but dang, those guys can play. They go 9-10 deep and there is absolutely no fall off. Maybe the most fundamentally sound team I've ever seen.

Watched them run all over Lima Senior yesterday. Watched them walk into the gym and then watched warm ups and my first thought was "there is no way this can be the best D2 team in Ohio".....but dang, those guys can play. They go 9-10 deep and there is absolutely no fall off. Maybe the most fundamentally sound team I've ever seen.
Lutheran West beat Garfield Heights on 2/7 which was undefeated and #1 in D1 at the time. That team is the real deal. Would of like to to see Lima full strength, they have 2 starters out (Addy and Cotton), not saying they would of won but would had been more competitive.

What is this list? State appearances? If so there are others from the Toledo area who went to state.
The top three won it all. The rest are runner-ups. There are more. Toledo CC from 2010 belongs on the list as well. The Drew Lehman team came within 3 points of a title.

My list of best teams from the Toledo area.

The top three won it all. The rest are runner-ups. There are more. Toledo CC from 2010 belongs on the list as well. The Drew Lehman team came within 3 points of a title.

Yes, that Toledo CC team was a high-achiever. Great season. Going back to 1966 was another Rossford great team. In terms of exceptional teams, St. John's 2012-13 ranks high as well. What about Truman Claytor's Scott team in the mid-1970s? Lots of history.

Deshone Kizer, Cliff Bussey, Keith Towbridge, Deontae Cole and Drew Lehman is a crazy team. Had a heck of a path to the Final Four to boot.

Yes, that Toledo CC team was a high-achiever. Great season. Going back to 1966 was another Rossford great team. In terms of exceptional teams, St. John's 2012-13 ranks high as well. What about Truman Claytor's Scott team in the mid-1970s? Lots of history.

The 1970 Rossford team advanced under the 2 class/division format. Rossford with its 150 student graduating class, found itself in the large school "Double A". Rolled thru Libbey, Scott, Woodward, and Macomber in the Sectional and District back when Toledo City League basketball ruled the roost in NW Ohio. Here's a great article about the 1966 team......

Their coach does a phenomenal job.

20 made three point baskets northwood. Top 5 all time in ohio history. Still think that I was crazy to say how talented they are. Number 1 seed crestview cannot be happy seeing them as a probable opponent in round 2.