2022 SWBL

Franklin scrimmaged Fairborn Monday and as usual their were some good things and also revealed things that they need to work on. Played 5 qtrs and the Cats showed great hustle.
Curious about Franklin loosing so many seniors? They pretty young i would imagine?

Carlisle played well first few quarters last night. But definitely has some things to clean up before season starts. Kind of feel like Franklin Monroe will be an under .500 team in their conference. Not much scoring but play okay Defense. Think they scored a total of 30 points in 4 quarters. Carlisle would have won game by double digits if they kept score for every quarter.

Not sure Waynesville offers much to the SWBL in any sport other than Women's Soccer. Women's soccer, on the other hand, is legit.

Waynesville is fine if the SWBL goes back to big schools in one division and small schools in the other. Put them in with the small schools and they will be fine.

Heard Bellbrook's number were extremely low. 24-26 kids total across all grades. Seems like a culture issue and I think the seat needs to be ice cold this year. This program should be much better, and a lot of the top kids have left in recent years to play elsewhere. You saw in the 00's during Caldwell what happens when the culture is there, this school should be right up there with Franklin.

Heard Bellbrook's number were extremely low. 24-26 kids total across all grades. Seems like a culture issue and I think the seat needs to be ice cold this year. This program should be much better, and a lot of the top kids have left in recent years to play elsewhere. You saw in the 00's during Caldwell what happens when the culture is there, this school should be right up there with Franklin.
Looked at their roster, four freshmen and five sophomores are on the varsity roster. First time in the years the SWBL website covers there has been that many. Are the classes loaded or does this support your lack of numbers statement? That looks like a D4 schools roster.

Looked at their roster, four freshmen and five sophomores are on the varsity roster. First time in the years the SWBL website covers there has been that many. Are the classes loaded or does this support your lack of numbers statement? That looks like a D4 schools roster.
I think that's exactly what it shows... But we will see. They are returning a good amount of production in the 5 returners, so they could still do well this season. I'll be hopeful but I'll be ready to move on if it another mediocre season.

I’m told Talawanda will not be joining SWBL next season. Told interview didn’t go well. Whatever the hell that means.

The freshman class was very good in jr. high. Watching them the couple of games I saw, I expected a couple of those kids to have an immediate impact in high school.

Has Oakwood's Maxwell announced where he will play next season? I see him as a D1 player but have not heard.

Has Oakwood's Maxwell announced where he will play next season? I see him as a D1 player but have not heard.
I know he had some offers, officially I found, Offers: Ohio, Toledo, Akron, Kent, Radford (Are these commitable I do not know) . And sounds like he's been talking to some schools in the northeast as well. Has real interest, I think he could be D1 somewhere with another strong season.

I know he had some offers, officially I found, Offers: Ohio, Toledo, Akron, Kent, Radford (Are these commitable I do not know) . And sounds like he's been talking to some schools in the northeast as well. Has real interest, I think he could be D1 somewhere with another strong season.
Watched him play in spring, He was playing with All Ohio Red. He was playing with George Washington, a lot of coaches was there watching them play. Maxwell looked solid in the games I saw. He seemed to be better than he was in the High school season. With that being said his teammates are all D1 players as well on All Ohio. That team was fun to watch. I would imagine he would be a D1 player for sure. Not heard on possibilities yet as I know Ohio U was hot on him last year.

Watched him play in spring, He was playing with All Ohio Red. He was playing with George Washington, a lot of coaches was there watching them play. Maxwell looked solid in the games I saw. He seemed to be better than he was in the High school season. With that being said his teammates are all D1 players as well on All Ohio. That team was fun to watch. I would imagine he would be a D1 player for sure. Not heard on possibilities yet as I know Ohio U was hot on him last year.
I believe Belmont had interest in him as well. I also heard Davidson had expressed interest.

I think he is waiting on that UD offer. Don't know if it will come but he is waiting. With a solid season, it may.
Could be. But Offers generally do not come based on hs basketball. I have heard he had a solid season with A.O.R. which i believe would have (and may have) generated any new offers if they were coming. My guess would be that he does not favor one offer over the others and is waiting to see what signees go to schols on his preferred list. Could be a dangerous waiting game but if there is no clear cut favorite school among his offers the strategy would make sense. I have no idea if any of this is accurate but i think it is a little unusual for a d1 recruit to delay a decision this late. Might not be as I am just guessing. I am looking forward to watching him in a few games this season (FTTH against Preble Shawnee as 1 of those).

Anyone know what Monroe might have this year? If we could have one pretty good season it would be a miracle. We’ve had some halfway decent talent thru the years but can’t put it together. At least we won a tournament last year for the first time in god knows how long.

Carlisle scrimmaged Edgewood tonight. They looked a lot better tonight than previous scrimmages. My guess is getting back into swing of things. Carlisle won every Quarter and would have won the game by double digits. I’m assuming Edgewood lost some seniors or had a bad night as they didn’t look the greatest tonight. Carlisle gets Piqua on Wednesday.

Interesting numbers I seen in Swbl this season for Boys bball- this is 2022 boys cb enrollment,

Monroe D1 379
Franklin D2 342
Bellbrook D2 337
Oakwood D2 284
Eaton D2 232
Madison D2 196
VV D3 191
Brookville D3 189
Waynesville D3 187
Carlisle D3 166

Bradford is also at Piqua Wednesday should be good. Piqua should be pretty good this year.
Carlisle scrimmaged Edgewood tonight. They looked a lot better tonight than previous scrimmages. My guess is getting back into swing of things. Carlisle won every Quarter and would have won the game by double digits. I’m assuming Edgewood lost some seniors or had a bad night as they didn’t look the greatest tonight. Carlisle gets Piqua on Wednesday.

Interesting numbers I seen in Swbl this season for Boys bball- this is 2022 boys cb enrollment,

Monroe D1 379
Franklin D2 342
Bellbrook D2 337
Oakwood D2 284
Eaton D2 232
Madison D2 196
VV D3 191
Brookville D3 189
Waynesville D3 187
Carlisle D3 166

Monroe D1 379
Franklin D2 342
Bellbrook D2 337
Oakwood D2 284
Eaton D2 232
Madison D2 196
VV D3 191
Brookville D3 189
Waynesville D3 187
Carlisle D3 166

Madison would be D3 if not for having open enrollment. Competitive balance added to their numbers and made them 2 over the cutoff

Carlisle played well today. All three teams have some things to look forward to this season. I’ll list the finals after each quarter. Davidson for Bradford has a nice shoot, felt like he tried to get his teammates involved a lot today which hurt them scoring at times. Piqua has some pieces and should be solid in their respective conference.

Q1 Carlisle 23 Bradford 9
Q2 Carlisle 11 Piqua 15
Q3 Carlisle 13 Bradford 16
Q4 Carlisle 9 Piqua 17 worst Quarter for Carlisle
Q5 Carlisle 11 Bradford 5
Q6 Carlisle 24 Piqua 15

totals for scrimmage
Carlisle 47 Bradford 30
Carlisle 44 Piqua 47

All teams were Varsity only at High school as Junior high held the JV teams. Connor smith and Parker Davidson were nice players, I feel like Carlisle has alot more around Connor and they share the ball well.