2022 SWBL

Carlisle played well today. All three teams have some things to look forward to this season. I’ll list the finals after each quarter. Davidson for Bradford has a nice shoot, felt like he tried to get his teammates involved a lot today which hurt them scoring at times. Piqua has some pieces and should be solid in their respective conference.

Q1 Carlisle 23 Bradford 9
Q2 Carlisle 11 Piqua 15
Q3 Carlisle 13 Bradford 16
Q4 Carlisle 9 Piqua 17 worst Quarter for Carlisle
Q5 Carlisle 11 Bradford 5
Q6 Carlisle 24 Piqua 15

totals for scrimmage
Carlisle 47 Bradford 30
Carlisle 44 Piqua 47

All teams were Varsity only at High school as Junior high held the JV teams. Connor smith and Parker Davidson were nice players, I feel like Carlisle has alot more around Connor and they share the ball well.
How did piqua do against bradford you know?

How did piqua do against bradford you know?
Don’t have the scores for each quarter but I know they won 2 quarters and was up in the 3rd when I left. Bradford matched up well against Piqua. I thought all 3 teams got better today and was a nice scrimmage overall. 3 quality teams that should have good seasons.

Franklin vs Miamisburg- season started tonight with Burg beating Franklin 52-40. Franklin played hard but was weird not seeing the length that your accustomed to seeing and man to man defense, over 1-3-1. First game hard to tell how they will be this season. At times thought they were going to get run out of gym and others they shot it well. Burg dominated the paint and rebounding probably was the difference in my opinion.

any word on Oakwood and Tecumseh tonight?

Yeah Oakwood and Bellbrook are the beat two in the East. Franklin and Monroe lost a lot and might be rebuilding years. Waynesville is the unknown.

The west will be between Carlisle and Eaton. Both teams bring back quite a bit and are both capable of winning alot of games this year. Madison is improved as they will be competitive this year. Valley Vie late start for them will hurt them they will be a better team at end of season.

Yeah Oakwood and Bellbrook are the beat two in the East. Franklin and Monroe lost a lot and might be rebuilding years. Waynesville is the unknown.

The west will be between Carlisle and Eaton. Both teams bring back quite a bit and are both capable of winning alot of games this year. Madison is improved as they will be competitive this year. Valley Vie late start for them will hurt them they will be a better team at end of season.
Waynesville will be relentless. 9 Jr and Sr who can all play, but no alpha. Teams will be in for a rock fight

Waynesville defeats Clinton Massie by 9 (61-52). Waynesville led throughout. Scoring went 15, 14,13,9 for top scorers. Played 9 guys throughout the game. Nice balanced attack. Still things to work on

Could be. But Offers generally do not come based on hs basketball. I have heard he had a solid season with A.O.R. which i believe would have (and may have) generated any new offers if they were coming. My guess would be that he does not favor one offer over the others and is waiting to see what signees go to schols on his preferred list. Could be a dangerous waiting game but if there is no clear cut favorite school among his offers the strategy would make sense. I have no idea if any of this is accurate but i think it is a little unusual for a d1 recruit to delay a decision this late. Might not be as I am just guessing. I am looking forward to watching him in a few games this season (FTTH against Preble Shawnee as 1 of those).
Heard this from someone that works out with him. that he was told by the colleges that they are no longer interested. And are going to try and use the scholarship they offered him to get someone in the portal with experience. But that’s just here say. Don’t know if that’s true but would make sense because I haven’t heard much from his recruitment.

Watched Madison vs Dayton Christian tonight, Madison dominated this game from the tip. DC was missing 3 starters but Madison looked better than last year and has some length. Will be an interesting year for them. We will know no more after this week of games I would imagine but a solid start for them.

Watched Madison vs Dayton Christian tonight, Madison dominated this game from the tip. DC was missing 3 starters but Madison looked better than last year and has some length. Will be an interesting year for them. We will know no more after this week of games I would imagine but a solid start for them.
If Woodall and Bates didn’t play that’s pretty much the team.

Tuesdays Games-

Franklin @ Eaton
Madison @ Monroe
Brookville @ Waynesville
Carlisle @ Bellbrook
Oakwood @ Ponitz

I’m hearing VV has tryouts today and tomorrow. They will open season on 12/6 vs Talawanda.

Monroe beats Madison 48-33. Drew Taylor had 21 points. Monroe can shoot well and was aggressive on defense. Madison couldn’t buy a basket jeez. Monroe plays Talwawanda Friday at home. Good start to the season.

Bellbrook beats Carlisle 72-64. Bellbrook played well in first half and Carlisle played well second half. Lawson had 18 points to lead Carlisle and Webb had 18 points to lead Bellbrook.

This weekends games-

FRIDAY
Oakwood @ Brookville
Waynesville @ Carlisle
Madison @ Franklin
Talawanda @ Monroe

SATURDAY
Dixie @ Brookville
Carlisle @ Fenwick
Arcanum @ Madison

Monroe beats Madison 48-33. Drew Taylor had 21 points. Monroe can shoot well and was aggressive on defense. Madison couldn’t buy a basket jeez. Monroe plays Talwawanda Friday at home. Good start to the season.
I thought Monroe looked pretty good actually. I was kind of surprised. With that being said, Madison may only win a handful of games based on what I saw.

Monroe had some balanced scoring and saw contributions from everyone who played. Only 6 players played quality minutes. They may need to develop some bench players in closer games. The Monroe kids play hard and were gassed a few times.

Madison's #2, not sure of his name, had an impressive game off the bench. Sloppy play otherwise for everyone else. They are physical, but out-of-control physical. Missing shots and just attacking for the rebound with recklessness. To someone's point in the football thread, I was amazed how the Madison fans barked at the officials when their players were hammering kids from Monroe.

Monroe’s going to have to get some bench players some time. They can’t expect to play their starters the whole game against tougher opponents. I was surprised Monroe didn’t rotate much. I could tell our starters were getting tired out. 4 Drew Taylor is one to watch. Physical can shoot 3s and drives the basket. Had 21 points be Madison.

Talwanda 59 Monroe 56. Played hard for 3 qtrs but fell apart in 4th. They got too reckless with the ball and couldn’t shoot foul shots. We probably would have won by 10 if we could shoot foul shots. Up next for us is Ross at home on Tuesday.

Carlisle beat Waynesville 64-45, sloppy first half for Indians but second went on a big run was up 29 at 1 point. Waynesville plays hard nosed defense, struggled tonight from an offensive standpoint. Smith was leading scorer for Indians with 24 points

Carlisle puts it on Waynesville by 20. Real tough night shooting for Waynesville and credit the Carlisle D. Sometimes you have those nights

Thinking the West is better then a lot of people give credit to them this year. The East was very senior loaded last year and had some nice players. The West was down but most of teams bring some solid players back. Will be interesting to see how the split works out this season record wise.