Mar-A-Lago raided by the FBI

There were a lot of irregularities about this raid outside of the fact they were raiding an ex POTUS who is head of the opposition party:

It seems that these raids were irregular in a number of ways beyond the obvious fact that the target was an ex-president and leading opponent of the current president. But Biden won’t answer and his press secretary just keeps repeating “no comment”. It’s not a good look for the administration.

Then again, maybe they just wanted some fashion tips when they searched Melania’s wardrobe. It’s reported that the warrant was solely about the supposedly classified material in the home, but of course that’s just the pretext, and it’s a very poor one.

Interesting take by a leftist who in spite of spouting off the usual left wing BS, at least recognizes the great risk the Biden administration and deep state are taking here.

So why did I feel nauseous yesterday, watching coverage of the FBI executing a search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate?

Because this country is tracking toward a scale of political violence not seen since the Civil War. It’s evident to anyone who spends significant time dwelling in the physical or virtual spaces of the American right. Go to a gun show. Visit a right-wing church. Check out a Trump rally. No matter the venue, the doomsday prophesying is ubiquitous—and scary. Whenever and wherever I’ve heard hypothetical scenarios of imminent conflict articulated, the premise rests on an egregious abuse of power, typically Democrats weaponizing agencies of the state to target their political opponents. I’ve always walked away from these experiences thinking to myself: If America is a powder keg, then one overreach by the government, real or perceived, could light the fuse.

The lack of a coherent response by the leaders of our top law enforcement agencies on the unprecedented action of raiding the home of a former POTUS is astonishing.

It's a grey area which is why in every previous case involving these types of documents and departing administrations the followup has been done by lawyers stretching out over months and years. But for Trump it involves an FBI aid on his home. Funny how that works.

Tucked into a bill Trump signed into law in January 2018 was a provision increasing the punishment for knowingly removing classified materials with the intent to retain them at an “unauthorized location.”
Previously, someone found guilty of this crime could face up to one year in prison. When former CIA Director David Petraeus was charged in 2015 with mishandling classified data, he pleaded guilty under this statute to avoid a felony charge, as Politico pointed out. A similar situation unfolded a decade earlier, when former national security adviser Samuel Berger pleaded guilty to removing terrorism-related materials from the National Archives in 2005.

Now, a person convicted of violating this law can face up to five years in prison ― making it a felony-level offense to mishandle classified documents under 18 U.S.C. 1924.

Now, a person convicted of violating this law can face up to five years in prison ― making it a felony-level offense to mishandle classified documents under 18 U.S.C. 1924.
Yea that's the ticket indict Trump and then find a DC jury that will convict him and an Obama judge that will sentence him to 5 years in prison. Now that's just what the doctor ordered to heal the country and snuff out that pesky MAGA movement.

Damn even the fantasies of what you guys would love to see happen are poorly thought out and devoid of any consideration for the consequences. You folks are flat out delusional.

Yea that's the ticket indict Trump and then find a DC jury that will convict him and an Obama judge that will sentence him to 5 years in prison. Now that's just what the doctor ordered to heal the country and snuff out that pesky MAGA movement.

Damn even the fantasies of what you guys would love to see happen are poorly thought out and devoid of any consideration for the consequences. You folks are flat out delusional.
Half the Country is Deplorable.

Always the victims. Just because Republicans cry and cry, does not mean the country needs "to heal." What needs to happen is that gerrymandering needs to end so that representatives represent the peoples wishes. Kansas proved that pretty big. Put stuff out to a vote and it's a lot different than what Republican politicians are doing.

Adults are in charge now and the economy is steadily recovering from the pit Republicans drove it into. It's all ok. You will be fine. No need to be afraid of everything. It's just like one of my favorite shows growing up. Biden might not be as on top of things as he used to be and fumbles around a bit, but just like Maxwell Smart, he gets the best of KAOS (Republicans) every time.

Nobody needs the country healed just because a Cult of Kooks are living a life of real delusions. I'm not interested in doing anything to placate to your irrational fears and conspiracies. I'm good with your paranoia continuing to melt your minds. All I want is justice to serve Trump or any other criminal scumbag. There is nothing you nuts can respond with that concerns me in the slightest, and your misery is amusing to the majority. The country is better off today than it was 2 years ago, and it will be even better off 2 years from now. Suffer away.

Why were Trumps attorneys kicked out of Mar Largo and why were security cameras shut off during the raid???
Why did an inside informant tip the FBI off to what classified documents he continued to hide in the Orange Kingdom?

Deep State Infighting: DOJ Fingers FBI for Mar-a-Lago Raid Disaster​

Senior U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) officials are blaming FBI Director Christopher Wray for the recent raid of former President Donald Trump’s home in an apparent attempt to take pressure off U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland.

After Trump confirmed the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago on Monday, many Republican politicians called on both Wray and Garland to explain the justification for the raid.

For example, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, said, “Merrick Garland, Chris Wray, come to the House Judiciary Committee this Friday and answer our questions about this action today, which has never happened in American history.”

Similarly, House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) called out the DOJ’s “intolerable state of weaponized politicization” and told Garland to “preserve your documents and clear your calendar” as he pledged an investigation into the FBI raid if the Republicans take control of the House after November’s midterms.

Even Rep. Peter Meijer (R-MI), who voted to impeach Trump after the January 6 Capitol Riots, said Wray and Garland “owe transparency on the justification for setting such a striking precedent.”

Adults are in charge now and the economy is steadily recovering from the pit Republicans drove it into. It's all ok. You will be fine. No need to be afraid of everything. It's just like one of my favorite shows growing up. Biden might not be as on top of things as he used to be and fumbles around a bit, but just like Maxwell Smart, he gets the best of KAOS (Republicans) every time.
Comparing Biden to Maxwell Smart is your idea of a compliment?

Why did an inside informant tip the FBI off to what classified documents he continued to hide in the Orange Kingdom?
Was he an "informant" or double agent? Because unless I see some really incriminating stuff come out of the raid you have to wonder about the informant.

So attacking the FBI for having interest and then ultimately searching for highly classified documents that may have gone missing or been destroyed is the reflexive thought and more important than ilooking at the former Presidents behavior and actions and why he took and or destroyed classified materials and information ?

I never had any problem with Trumps buffoonish personality , the narcissism , the corrupt way he did business. The reality TV guy the cartoon character , the tabloid darling BEFORE he became President and leader of the country .

It’s more than his personality to me and many others . A majority of the country . The continued right wing support is more an example of personality . A cult of personality that is .
You not liking someone does not make them criminal and crimes you imagine them being guilty of doesn't constitute any substantive evidence of a crime either.

This documents thing is making jay-walking into mass murder. It is absurd on its face.

This isn't hard. How has this been handled before with other presidents and, say, secretaries of state who are presidential candidate/nominees? Then handle it that way.

So, have armed agents showed up at these other people's houses to take things out of the homes because an effete librarian at the National Archives is upset happened before? If not, what is the difference between these people? The answer is the others were D and this one is an R - and not just any R, but an R that the Ds have a derangement syndrome about. Then we have the fact that the people using the power of the DOJ are Ds, and they are using it against this particular R.

And you can't see the prima facie problem here? Then I can't help you and neither can anyone else because that is a special kind of stupid that has no cure.

Nobody needs the country healed just because a Cult of Kooks are living a life of real delusions. I'm not interested in doing anything to placate to your irrational fears and conspiracies. I'm good with your paranoia continuing to melt your minds. All I want is justice to serve Trump or any other criminal scumbag. There is nothing you nuts can respond with that concerns me in the slightest, and your misery is amusing to the majority. The country is better off today than it was 2 years ago, and it will be even better off 2 years from now. Suffer away.
Right back at you. Healing the country would be bad for the country because it can only happen if the Right sells out and acquiesces to every leftist demand.

The only solution is for the right to win political victory after political victory. And this starts in November. The right needs to make their case, which is by far the superior case, and then win the mantels of power.

Importantly after winning the political battle, republicans must employ the federal government to go after the democrats and the left. They must show no mercy in harassing, arresting and prosecuting democrats. This should be a take no prisoners approach. Of course within the letter of the law.

So, have armed agents showed up at these other people's houses to take things out of the homes because an effete librarian at the National Archives is upset happened before? If not, what is the difference between these people? The answer is the others were D and this one is an R - and not just any R, but an R that the Ds have a derangement syndrome about. Then we have the fact that the people using the power of the DOJ are Ds, and they are using it against this particular R.
Look at these clowns in front of Mar a Lago! Were they expecting Melania to come out blazing away with an AR15?

1660232383783.png

Right back at you. Healing the country would be bad for the country because it can only happen if the Right sells out and acquiesces to every leftist demand.

The only solution is for the right to win political victory after political victory. And this starts in November. The right needs to make their case, which is by far the superior case, and then win the mantels of power.

Importantly after winning the political battle, republicans must employ the federal government to go after the democrats and the left. They must show no mercy in harassing, arresting and prosecuting democrats. This should be a take no prisoners approach. Of course within the letter of the law.
We can't make deals to heal America with people who hate America, it's founding, and it's constitution and only love an America of their imagining that seeks to destroy the America we love and replace it with a Marxist dystopian utopia that would be a misery of unimaginable proportions.

But, I believe the re-assertion of the America we love is not doing an eye for an eye by turning the power of govt on our political enemies, but rather dismantling the infrastructure they have used within government to undermine our democracy.

First day - the Dept of Education is gone. Everyone go home and get real jobs.

Day 2 - the top 100 people in the DOJ and FBI are fired. When the Left howls, announce that 100 more are being fired. Rinse, repeat.

Day 3 - clean out the nest of vipers at State, CIA, NSA, ect.

And keep going with radical civil service reform through every dept and agency until you have totally dismantled the administrative state - have anyone who remains pledge an oath to the Constitution, not the DNC, and make any violations punishable by death by firing squad. At that point you will have neutered how the Left has been undermining our democracy and people of all political persuasions will be able to trust something like the DOJ/FBI to represent equal justice under the law.

Easy, right? Lol

Bingo
Importantly after winning the political battle, republicans must employ the federal government to go after the democrats and the left. They must show no mercy in harassing, arresting and prosecuting democrats. This should be a take no prisoners approach.
I can do without the harassing because it's in conflict with your following statement....
Of course within the letter of the law.
That's the key....

Once you breach this, the scales will tip and we are right back where we were before.... with the other side returning the favor. (and not following (again) the letter of the law.