If You Love, Value and Respect Women, Can You Be a Brown's Fan?

If You Value and Respect Women, Can You in Good Conscience Root for the Browns now?

• Of course. I don't care what players do off the field

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
NFL seeking to appeal the 6 game suspension. Probably just virtue signaling lol
The NFL may not be but you are. All of you that play the wife, mother, daughter, sister card are virtue signaling. It's pathetic, but you go ahead and keep wringing your hands over these poor women that get paid for rubbing strange men. BTW…..none of the women in my life do that kind of thing for money.

is there an article that says what he actually did?
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-browns-bet-on-deshaun-watson-was-doomed-from-the-start/

A couple excerpts:

"The Browns’ reckless bet on quarterback Deshaun Watson is a failure. Desperate to change the team’s trajectory after just three winning seasons in the past 20 years, the Cleveland front office was comfortable signing the most expensive guaranteed contract in NFL history and trading away three years of first-round picks1 for a quarterback accused by more than two dozen women of sexual assault or other inappropriate conduct. Allegations against Watson include ejaculating on women without their consent, touching women with his penis without their consent and orally penetrating two women without their consent."

"A suspension of longer than one season would be a stinging rebuke to Watson and the Browns, certainly, but it would also send a strong message to future teams considering throwing their ethics aside in an all-out attempt to win."

NFL seeking to appeal the 6 game suspension. Probably just virtue signaling lol
Yes it is.

Gotta love how dumb Goddell is...the players wanted this new discipline process to take Goddell out of it. What does he do first time up? Ignores the process and gets involved. Even better he appoints a man to override the woman who came down with the original punishment.

It's a good thing the NFL is virtually too big to fail because leadership is stupid.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-browns-bet-on-deshaun-watson-was-doomed-from-the-start/

A couple excerpts:

"The Browns’ reckless bet on quarterback Deshaun Watson is a failure. Desperate to change the team’s trajectory after just three winning seasons in the past 20 years, the Cleveland front office was comfortable signing the most expensive guaranteed contract in NFL history and trading away three years of first-round picks1 for a quarterback accused by more than two dozen women of sexual assault or other inappropriate conduct. Allegations against Watson include ejaculating on women without their consent, touching women with his penis without their consent and orally penetrating two women without their consent."

"A suspension of longer than one season would be a stinging rebuke to Watson and the Browns, certainly, but it would also send a strong message to future teams considering throwing their ethics aside in an all-out attempt to win."
If you click the link you will see the first paragraph you bolded paraphrased another article that began with “some say…”

How do you penetrate a women without her consent and it not get charged as rape?

I call BS on most of these articles.

I also call BS on the allegation that Watson somehow coerced these bimbos just because he’s a highly paid and well known celeb. That just being a known figure is coercive by definition? Sorry. Doesn’t work that way. Especially when most of these women took him on as a client and broke from their usual protocols BECAUSE of who he was. In other words, they compromised their standards to use him for his status. They could have not taken him as a client, insisted he use a sheet, ended the massage at anytime they felt uncomfortable…but they didn’t. And they didn’t do anything about it until Buzbee started trolling for more and more bimbos to join his cash grab.

A couple excerpts:

How does one “orally” penetrate someone without their consent? Also, was Watson Harry Houdini if a previous life? Sounds like he’s a master of, let’s say, covert ejaculation in the dark of the night?
Not saying the guy is innocent, he was getting rub and tugs and got some on the “masseuse” and wasn’t willing to keep paying her to come back. Maybe ProV can weigh in on the proclivities of this business?

It's a good thing the NFL is virtually too big to fail because leadership is stupid.
Ok so blame the league or the process all you want. The fact remains that Watson's lack of self control put his fate in the hands of the NFL.

According to ESPN, SI and CBS, Watson turned down a 12 game suspension and a 8-10 million dollar fine.
Unlikely the league will settle for anything less.

According to ESPN, SI and CBS, Watson turned down a 12 game suspension and a 8-10 million dollar fine.
Unlikely the league will settle for anything less.
If I’m his reps I settle for eight games and the 10 mil. Anything more and I would head to court.

If you click the link you will see the first paragraph you bolded paraphrased another article that began with “some say…”

How do you penetrate a women without her consent and it not get charged as rape?

I call BS on most of these articles.

I also call BS on the allegation that Watson somehow coerced these bimbos just because he’s a highly paid and well known celeb. That just being a known figure is coercive by definition? Sorry. Doesn’t work that way. Especially when most of these women took him on as a client and broke from their usual protocols BECAUSE of who he was. In other words, they compromised their standards to use him for his status. They could have not taken him as a client, insisted he use a sheet, ended the massage at anytime they felt uncomfortable…but they didn’t. And they didn’t do anything about it until Buzbee started trolling for more and more bimbos to join his cash grab.
23 women have received a cash settlement. Either they are satisfied with their pay off or they should be arrested and charged with prostitution. They decided for themselves how to settle this. Are they still to be loved, valued and respected?

23 women have received a cash settlement. Either they are satisfied with their pay off or they should be arrested and charged with prostitution. They decided for themselves how to settle this. Are they still to be loved, valued and respected?
They were all bimbos looking for cash. Even worse is Buzbee. He’s the real winner. Cashed in on Watson 24 times and the Texans 30 times, I believe.

A couple excerpts:

You can allege anything you want to.

You can also sue a ham sandwich.

But ham sandwiches never paid up like Watson has. A ham sandwich has never vowed to fight to the end to proclaim his innocence like Watson did and then began writing big checks. Hmm....
And of course you don't understand PR. People with money pay off people all the time to make them go away regardless of any actual culpability.

Is Watson a bit pervy, seems likely but he didn't assault anyone. 2 grand juries refused to indict, the NFLs own arbiter said it was nonviolent activity.

Again, if he put his tongue or fingers or Oscar Meyer somewhere it didn't belong he'd be on trial. If he flung bodily fluid onto someone he'd be on trial. It sounds great in a civil trial but it's clear that wasn't presented to the criminal grand jury.

You are arguing with yourself. No one is talking about legal issues. Its way past that now.

The original question remains - if you value and respect women as human beings, how do you root for Watson and the Browns now?

You are arguing with yourself. No one is talking about legal issues. Its way past that now.

The original question remains - if you value and respect women as human beings, how do you root for Watson and the Browns now?
Yeah, everyone’s just going to stop rooting for the Browns now. I mean, nobody shows up at Steelers games anymore because of Ben. And the Ravens stands have been empty since Ray Rice. Haven’t see someone in the seats at Jerry World since Greg Hardy and Zeke Elliott. Superdome will be empty this year due to Alvin Kamara. Haven’t seen a soul at a Panthers game after Rae Carruth went nuts. C’mon. Give it up. Watson was hoping for happy endings. He didn’t get them from every chick. He didn’t force the issue or physically do anything to any of them. He paid them. They have their money. Buzbee has his money. Now the NFL wants its pound of flesh. This is all woke media/Me Too driven.

The Browns were here long before Watson, they'll be here long after Watson. It's pretty simple really.

Also if he didn't do anything illegal why would I give a crap? Guys are pervs, big revelation.

But hey you are free to root for some random team.

Does Watson's behavior - called predatory and egregious by Judge Robinson - change your desire to cheer for the Browns? Pretty simple really.

PS - I have never rooted for the Browns. If I did, I could not do so in good conscience now.

Does Watson's behavior - called predatory and egregious by Judge Robinson - change your desire to cheer for the Browns? Pretty simple really.

PS - I have never rooted for the Browns. If I did, I could not do so in good conscience now.
03182BED-CBC5-43B7-AABA-7F999C91AE2B.gif

Why would it change anyone’s rooting interest? Most football fans are not much into woke/Me Too hype.

Reactions: y2h

If you aren't a Browns fan why do you care? Did you start a similar thread when Big Ben was having his issues? Did you ask Laker fans how they can continue cheering for a team featuring Kobe Bryant?

The same woman you are quoting said his behavior was nonviolent.

So his behavior didn't rise to the level of illegal or violent...why would I care the guy is a ?

Cbj5656 & Y2h - love the “woke” excuse for your Browns & Watson’s troubles.

Reality is this:
* Watson put himself in this situation due solely to HIS actions.
* Browns & Haslam put themselves in this situation due solely to THEIR actions
* cbj5656 & Y2h each made a poor life decision at an early age when THEY CHOOSE to be Browns fans. I truly respect their loyalty in remaining Browns fans but it has obviously clouded their judgement. After enduring a life of pitiful, underachieving, embarrassing & poor decision making that IS the Cleveland Browns - how could one not be in touch with reality?

Now, back to football. Lack of depth at the WR position is already showing. I don’t know what the Browns can do about it, not too many options available other than OBJ.

If the Browns truly feel they have a roster to contend, I believe they have to seriously consider going after Jimmy G.