College Football 2021-2022

Does Spencer Rattler transfer or enter the draft? He took OU off his Instsgram bio today.
Transfer. Maybe a Pac 12 school like UCLA or ASU.

Also, that’s such a pussified passive aggressive thing to do. Not surprised, he was a huge dbag on QB1.

This is why you can’t feel too badly for him. Also, he got kicked off the team right before they played for a state title bc he got caught in a compromising position on school grounds with another student.

I was in college in the early 2010s and Tuesday/Wednesday MACation games were a great excuse to go to the bar mid week.
From 2001 to 2019 schools like Liberty, Coastal Carolina, Appalachian State, Southern Alabama, Alabama State, Georgia State, Charlotte, Texas State, Western Kentucky, Fla International, and Florida Atlantic all became D-I giving Southern kids more mid-major options to stay home rather than heading to the MAC. I remember when MAC schools were routinely ranked and now these teams are stealing the thunder.

From 2001 to 2019 schools like Liberty, Coastal Carolina, Appalachian State, Southern Alabama, Alabama State, Georgia State, Charlotte, Texas State, Western Kentucky, Fla International, and Florida Atlantic all became D-I giving Southern kids more mid-major options to stay home rather than heading to the MAC. I remember when MAC schools were routinely ranked and now these teams are stealing the thunder.
What’s worse for high school players in Ohio is the transfer portal. MAC rosters are going to be populated more and more with players who didn’t pan out at P5 schools, which means less and less schollies for Ohio HS kids.

What’s worse for high school players in Ohio is the transfer portal. MAC rosters are going to be populated more and more with players who didn’t pan out at P5 schools, which means less and less schollies for Ohio HS kids.
I'd argue that Ohio kids have more of a chance today than their counterparts down South because there are less of them coming this way. All of those schools I mentioned now offer 85 scholarships. That equates to 935 D-I scholarships that did not exist before 2000. Many of those 935 kids would have played for MAC schools pre-2000.

Since 2000 the Midwest has not seen ONE school jump from a lower division to D-I but the South has seen 11.

Pretty weak slate of games this weekend. Games I’m most interested in are Wisconsin-Purdue, Ok State-Iowa State, UCLA-Oregon, Pitt-Clemson.

While Wisconsin, Iowa State and Clemson are all down this year, these games are good litmus tests for Purdue, Ok State and Pitt. Surprisingly UCLA at home is favored by 3.5 over Oregon. We’ll see if Oregon is deserving of a top 10 spot or if the PAC 12 bows out of playoff contention early in the year.

Remember when Miami was ranked 14th? They are looking to notch their first P5 win against ranked NC State.

It is still early, but I was worried about the Navy game for UC. Even though Navy is bad, option teams are just difficult to prepare for. A close win is not a good look for them. UC really needs to turn it on. Style points have never been more important for a team fighting for a CFP birth.

That doesn’t seem right to me. Oklahoma rb getting drove backwards and Williams takes it out of his hands and runs for a first down. However they reviewed it and said it was legal because it was behind the line of scrimmage.

7th overtime. Play calling has been bad

First 8 overtime game ever.

9th
In 9 overtimes, Illinois defeats Penn State 20-18

Last edited:
We are...

Might be best for Franklin to bead out west and take the USC gig. That way Penn St. can go after Fickel while he is hot.

Did anyone else see the last minutes of the first half of the Oregon v UCLA game? What should have been a couple minutes actually ended up being over 10 minutes with very limited timed action. Here is breakdown>

1. Oregon scores a TD but they need to double check with video replay to make sure ball breaks the plane.
  2. Cut to commercial
  3. Come back call is confirmed, PAT is completed and good.
  4. Cut to commercial
  5. Kick off goes into the end zone for touch back.
  6. Cut to commercial
  7. UCLA comes out to run a play. Oregon doesn't like something and calls a time out.
  8. Cut to commercial.
  9. UCLA runs an offensive play, player gets hurt.
  10. Cut to commercial.
And folks want to know why nobody is going to the stadium to see games? The NCAA is obviously not about what is best for the players because they are standing around losing the feel of the game while all these commercials are going on and the fans...

That doesn’t seem right to me. Oklahoma rb getting drove backwards and Williams takes it out of his hands and runs for a first down. However they reviewed it and said it was legal because it was behind the line of scrimmage.
That should be illegal. Hope the NCAA looks at that rule this off-season.

and we didn't have Iowa St and Kentucky recruiting like crazy here. Every time a MAC coach succeeds and moves on, they take recruiting ground with them. easier to get a 3 star competing against a MAC than a 3 star from local recruiting grounds of the better P5s.