College Football 2021-2022

The Big 12 will still be a P5 Conference considering it’s arguably better than the PAC. The people on this site are something else ?? and I guess the number 2 team in the country won’t compete for a natty anytime soon? What’re they doing literally right now?

They look pretty good but not Top 10 good.

Pat Narduzzi is still their HC. No surprise their one loss to is Western Michigan. Wouldn’t shock me if they beat Clemson then lose to Miami or Duke

There's not a MAC school below 70 in the power rankings but they have that win and two barely to top 20's by Toledo and Buffalo. MAC sucks, I'm not making an argument otherwise but they have way too many close or win games against P5 that any P5 gets five teams in the top ten. That's just over-ranked playing over-ranked.

I don’t get why anyone is upset about them firing O. He’s a complete f***tard with Xs and Os. I’m very confident there’s more than a handful of Ohio HS Coaches that could outscheme him. He’s good for recruiting and that’s it.
I'm amazed they're letting him finish the year. Outside of the Xs and Os and having lost multiple assistants that carried him in the coaching department, this dude's behavior has seemed to get progressively more erratic and excessive while the program has been sliding and losing, to the ire of both the team and university brass. He doesn't seem to have any real allies left in Baton Rouge and this team's probably staring down a 6-6 record. Should have just handed an assistant the reigns with the interim tag in hopes of reenergizing the players for the closing weeks.

There's not a MAC school below 70 in the power rankings but they have that win and two barely to top 20's by Toledo and Buffalo. MAC sucks, I'm not making an argument otherwise but they have way too many close or win games against P5 that any P5 gets five teams in the top ten. That's just over-ranked playing over-ranked.

Pitt is in the running to play in the ACC championship game. They shouldn’t have lost a shootout to WMU

The Big 12 will still be a P5 Conference considering it’s arguably better than the PAC. The people on this site are something else ?? and I guess the number 2 team in the country won’t compete for a natty anytime soon? What’re they doing literally right now?
If Ohio State and Michigan or PSU left the BIG, would you view it as the same conference?

The new Big XII almost feels like the college football equivalent of the better non-power basketball leagues that frequently have tournament "bracket buster" teams like the Mountain West and Missouri Valley. I wouldn't say it's impossible for their champ if undefeated to make the playoff, but at the same time they aren't going to get any brand name respect due to who's in the league. It may arguably be better than the PAC, but the PAC will have several better football brands, especially USC and Oregon.

I'd be hoping for the arc of a playoff expansion to speed up, as any expansion to 8 or 12 would pretty much guarantee a Big XII champ gets in unless they have multiple losses.

Hearing a bunch of dirt on Coach O is about to come out. Seems like he enjoyed the single life a little too much around campus since his divorce.

No ones saying the Big 12 is improving from a football stand point. They’re saying it’s not losing P5 status (as it shouldn’t).
Really? so you remove the 2 biggest schools and replace them with 2 schools no where near the stature, and we somehow just think it is the same level of league? Not to mention the other recent non power 5 schools that they brought in as members. We actually don't need 5 conferences anyway.

Fox and ESPN want more than 2-3 power conferences. It’s also bad for the intrigue of the nation to limit playoff viability to such a select few. The PAC, Big XII, and ACC will remain P5 conferences

I'm amazed they're letting him finish the year. Outside of the Xs and Os and having lost multiple assistants that carried him in the coaching department, this dude's behavior has seemed to get progressively more erratic and excessive while the program has been sliding and losing, to the ire of both the team and university brass. He doesn't seem to have any real allies left in Baton Rouge and this team's probably staring down a 6-6 record. Should have just handed an assistant the reigns with the interim tag in hopes of reenergizing the players for the closing weeks.
I understand the AD is playing the odds, but he's essentially betting on LSU losing the majority of their remaining games. What the hell do you do if by some miracle LSU wins out? It would've been best to just cut ties after the UK game.

Dabo might get a call from LSU. He seems pretty checked out at Clemson right now.
ZERO Chance he bolts. If I was LSU, I'd be all in on Freeze. How many other guys have beaten Nick Saban multiple times? The only other two that come to mind are Dabao and Mahlzahn.

I understand the AD is playing the odds, but he's essentially betting on LSU losing the majority of their remaining games. What the hell do you do if by some miracle LSU wins out? It would've been best to just cut ties after the UK game.
This would seem to be very improbable, but this is a very good point. Yikes. I can't see it happening, but this will be unbelievably awkward if Coach O somehow goes 4-1 or 5-0 to finish the season after beating Florida, which I agree he shouldn't have gotten the chance to do. Should have just been a clean break after the UK game.

Dabo's schtick is going to get really old really fast if he has anything near a Coach O implosion in success, but IMO he'll be fine as long as he has Venables.

If Clemson were to lose a couple more games this year with Venables also leaving in the off-season, then I'd start to feel like maybe Dabo's seat could be heating up with a less than stellar year next year. There's only one job I could see him entertain leaving Clemson for, otherwise he's going to be there until the day comes when he's forced out.

Washington State canned their head coach and four assistants for failing to meet the state's vaccine mandate. Half the staff out the door mid-season.

Really? so you remove the 2 biggest schools and replace them with 2 schools no where near the stature, and we somehow just think it is the same level of league? Not to mention the other recent non power 5 schools that they brought in as members. We actually don't need 5 conferences anyway.
No one said it’s the same level of league they’re saying it’s still P5. And they’re replacing Texas and Oklahoma with 4 schools not 2. 3 of which have had as much success as Texas over the last decade.

Talk about emotions. I just saw this video of Seth Small's wife and parents as they watch him kick the winning field goal for Texas A&M against Alabama.

Talk about emotions. I just saw this video of Seth Small's wife and parents as they watch him kick the winning field goal for Texas A&M against Alabama.

[MEDIA = youtube] 61kLw6NB3Ro [/ MEDIA]
No need for a bra, they stay up on their own...

It's interesting to consider how this would have played out if LSU was currently undefeated. This is all about the W's and L's. I'm assuming many of the stories that are beginning to leak would have magically stayed in-house. The debacle of subsequent coordinator hires would have been swept under the rug, as well as talk surrounding those pesky NCAA violations. And the local Louisianans would have stuck with their beloved ball coach. At this point, I'm more interested to see where Coach O shows up next season. Kiffin's staff if he stays at Ole Miss (although that would be a hot mess considering his history with the Rebels)? Does Carroll give him a gig with the Seahawks? Does he get a stay at the Nick Saban rehab coaching hostel?

No one said it’s the same level of league they’re saying it’s still P5. And they’re replacing Texas and Oklahoma with 4 schools not 2. 3 of which have had as much success as Texas over the last decade.
The BIG12 is more than just football. So while they may remain a P5, the really shouldn't.

The
The BIG12 is more than just football. So while they may remain a P5, the really shouldn't.
They really should but it’s kind of pointless to even really debate considering P5 is technically not a real term. As long as they keep the automatic NY6 bid for football, which they will, it will realistically still count.

The

They really should but it’s kind of pointless to even really debate considering P5 is technically not a real term. ..................................

Actually, the B12 is one of conferences, as designated by the NCAA, individually by name, as "autonomy conferences". NCAA Section 5.3.2.1
They are commonly known as the Power 5, simpler than saying autonomy conference.

absolutely ridiculous. Hope they sue and get their full salary paid by the taxpayers of that state.
I don't agree with the employment mandates, but the angle his team seems to be taking is going to get laughed out of court.

This is more of a debate board post, but if you want to claim "devout religious beliefs" as a reason for exemption from taking a vaccine that involved research with old fetal cell lines, then you had better have some proof of avoiding use of a wide number of products that have commonly used the same type of research with not nearly the level of negative fanfare or awareness. I don't think he should have lost his job, but IMO in a court it's going to be determined he was fired for cause for failing to meet the state's mandate that his public employer was expected to abide by.