Winless Louisville Trinity* upsets #9 X!!!

So far, I'm right. X was exposed as a fraud, given how X fans had built them up into this invincible machine that can't be scored upon. That its a preordained foregone conclusion they will win State again while Springfield or anyone else from R2 stands no chance in the state semifinal game. Trinity exposed that none of that is true. In the 2d half, Trinity scored on every drive except for the fumble. And the way they were driving, they probably would have hit paydirt then too. And, if and when Springfield loses at home to a winless team that rips their defense to shreds, I will acknowledge that and eat my words. I just wish St X fans would reciprocate that. And how could you or anyone possibly suggest Springfield is a fraud. They're undefeated, have the best defense and qb in the state of Ohio and are currently ranked above St X and every GCL and GMC team n the polls.
Moving on-- this debate is pointless-- you will be proven wrong in 7-8 weeks.

It would certainly be an "interesting" game-- for a multitude of reasons.
Right. But alot of these St X fans are saying SHS doesn't stand a chance and will be destroyed. That's just not true as you saw last year. The teams will matchup again but the revenge factor and SHS's mission to get past the semifinal round after losing 2 close games there will push them over the top. I wish you would take a look at the recent stats on SHS's defense. Opponents are barely getting 1st downs.

I know I’m going to regret posting this, as I simply don’t have the energy to argue with you, but please don’t compare a rivalry game between Ed’s and Ignatius (where both teams play close to the vest and in rain fall half the game) as a comparable outcome with Springfield and Ignatius in week one. It’s just not apples to apples, as you see it and continue to post it.

Right. But alot of these St X fans are saying SHS doesn't stand a chance and will be destroyed. That's just not true as you saw last year. The teams will matchup again but the revenge factor and SHS's mission to get past the semifinal round after losing 2 close games there will push them over the top. I wish you would take a look at the recent stats on SHS's defense. Opponents are barely getting 1st downs.
You are mis-reading the posts-- many of those saying that are not "St. X fans"-- they are simply casual observers, basing their opinions off of the result in the final last year. I never said that "SHS doesn't stand a chance and will be destroyed"-- I've said all along that SHS's chances in a possible matchup with X will depend heavily (in fact primarily) on how Smoot plays-- if he has a great game (as the Trinity QB did), SHS has a chance to win; if he plays average or below average, X will win. If Smoot does not make big plays out of broken plays/scrambles, SHS will not score much against X; and I do not think that SHS will hold X to 12 points this year-- the offense will be more effective, because the QB is much smarter about where he throws the ball (and when), while the line is better and the RB is better.

You are mis-reading the posts-- many of those saying that are not "St. X fans"-- they are simply casual observers, basing their opinions off of the result in the final last year. I never said that "SHS doesn't stand a chance and will be destroyed"-- I've said all along that SHS's chances in a possible matchup with X will depend heavily (in fact primarily) on how Smoot plays-- if he has a great game (as the Trinity QB did), SHS has a chance to win; if he plays average or below average, X will win. If Smoot does not make big plays out of broken plays/scrambles, SHS will not score much against X; and I do not think that SHS will hold X to 12 points this year-- the offense will be more effective, because the QB is much smarter about where he throws the ball (and when), while the line is better and the RB is better.
But why would these people say such things if they were not St X fans? They must be. Also, you're not acknowledging SHS's quickness and athleticism. They have more of that than X. Hence, the 6 turnovers, remember?

Then why would they say these things that even an X fan like you acknowledge are not true?
People say all kinds of things-- it's a discussion forum-- they don't need a reason. It's like me trying to decipher why you keep hugely over-stating the reasons/significance of X's loss to Trinity, by saying things about the game that are obviously false-- I can think of three or four reasons why you are doing it-- but it doesn't really matter-- you've been successful in baiting a bunch of people into getting into pointless arguments with you (I've been one of 'em-- but realized pretty quickly that you're just trying to get a reaction out of people-- and you're succeeding:stirthepot:).

People say all kinds of things-- it's a discussion forum-- they don't need a reason. It's like me trying to decipher why you keep hugely over-stating the reasons/significance of X's loss to Trinity, by saying things about the game that are obviously false-- I can think of three or four reasons why you are doing it-- but it doesn't really matter-- you've been successful in baiting a bunch of people into getting into pointless arguments with you (I've been one of 'em-- but realized pretty quickly that you're just trying to get a reaction out of people-- and you're succeeding:stirthepot:).
I never said anything false. I followed that game in real time. You just revealed yourself for your St X bias. Right here. And, thru your bias, you're trying to dismiss me and my valid points.

Last edited:
I never said anything false. I followed that game in real time. You just revealed yourself for your St X bias. Right here. And, thru your bias, you're trying to dismiss me and my valid points.
I'm not TRYING to-- I've already DONE it-- because your points AREN'T valid... I've moved on.

I'm not TRYING to-- I've already DONE it-- because your points AREN'T valid... I've moved on.
Bullsht! Trinity did run all over St X and shredded their defense while they were winless. That happened. I'm not evil for telling the truth about that. Why is everyone so threatened by SHS?

Last edited:
Look in the mirror, you calling StX a fraud is ridiculous. StX, Lakota West, and SHS are all great teams. Whoever gets through in the playoffs will be well prepared to finish it off and win the State. But calling a team a Fraud because of one loss is a joke.

Look in the mirror, you calling StX a fraud is ridiculous. StX, Lakota West, and SHS are all great teams. Whoever gets through in the playoffs will be well prepared to finish it off and win the State. But calling a team a Fraud because of one loss is a joke.
Well, I'm not the one who said St X was an invincible machine that can't be challenged ot scored upon and that them winning state again is an inevitability. That was the fraud.

And you aren’t biased for Springfield
Wow seriously. That’s funny
No, I'm telling the truth. SHS has a very good team that is a contender for the state title. That's the truth. I'm just one person against this whole power structure

So far, I'm right. X was exposed as a fraud, given how X fans had built them up into this invincible machine that can't be scored upon. That its a preordained foregone conclusion they will win State again while Springfield or anyone else from R2 stands no chance in the state semifinal game. Trinity exposed that none of that is true. In the 2d half, Trinity scored on every drive except for the fumble. And the way they were driving, they probably would have hit paydirt then too. And, if and when Springfield loses at home to a winless team that rips their defense to shreds, I will acknowledge that and eat my words. I just wish St X fans would reciprocate that. And how could you or anyone possibly suggest Springfield is a fraud. They're undefeated, have the best defense and qb in the state of Ohio and are currently ranked above St X and every GCL and GMC team n the polls.
You made some good points. Mostly that in the end Springfield doesn’t stand a chance and will once again get a participation trophy at state

Cincitucky fans freaking crack me up. LOL.
It's good that you can laugh-- laughter is the best medicine for the 50-year losing streak that ails your team... meanwhile, we'll be (probably overly) serious, as we focus on our team(s) trying to win ANOTHER state championship on the field... not that Ms. Washington fans would EVER be overly serious in their pre-occupation with THEIR team... :rolleyes:

It's good that you can laugh-- laughter is the best medicine for the 50-year losing streak that ails your team... meanwhile, we'll be (probably overly) serious, as we focus on our team(s) trying to win ANOTHER state championship on the field... not that Ms. Washington fans would EVER be overly serious in their pre-occupation with THEIR team... :rolleyes:
I have a life. Guess what? It's not consumed by high school football that I have no control over. Sorry, 'neck.

Just like last yr; will come down to LW & SHS then we shall if, PC plays Eds...no matter what, legit games are sure to happen, again. Ugh...gonna be fun!