Northern Buckeye Conference 2021

Who wins the Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Total voters
Not sure I would consider what Elmwood did "ducking" Liberty Benton. They chose not to play them on a 24 hour notice. It makes way less sense for Elmwood to play a good Liberty Benton team, in between 2 state ranked - undefeated teams. It makes more sense for LB to want to play when they are between Cory Rawson and Riverdale & then follow those games up with PG & Arcadia. Sometimes context matters.
I will say woodmore cancelling is far less respectable. Part of Rossford’s urgency to find a game probably has to do with harbin’s and needing a 5-5 record to make the playoffs.

Isn’t Rossford doing the same thing having Otsego last week and Eastwood next week? I don’t see what the difference is in the cases except Eastmoor is a 2.5 hour drive and LB is a 20 minute drive. Those teams also only have 1 day to prep. Context matters.
Just because Rossford is doing it, doesn't mean that Elmwood was ducking anyone. Also, the difference in cases is, after Rossford lost to Genoa and Otesego - they're not winning the league. If Elmwood beats Eastwood they have a chance to share the league.... I also believe part of Rossford working so hard to find a game is because its their homecoming.. I get what you're saying about it not looking good, but I really doubt they were ducking them

Last edited:
Any word on a possible Otsego game this week?

I don't see them playing. Nearest open team is over 2 hours away.

I'd like them to play Piketon. Fellow D5 school and undefeated, but that's a 3.5 hour trip. Maybe a Saturday game? Meet up halfway in Dublin or Delaware and play a neutral site game lol.

You are correct (your dates are wrong), but your point is correct.
Not to nit pick, but BGSUGrad has the right dates. Woodmore tweeted at 11:43 AM on Tuesday that it was cancelling and Elmwood confirmed it 14 minutes later. Then on Wednesday, I got a text at 4:30 PM that Liberty-Benton was now looking for a game.

Not to nit pick, but BGSUGrad has the right dates. Woodmore tweeted at 11:43 AM on Tuesday that it was cancelling and Elmwood confirmed it 14 minutes later. Then on Wednesday, I got a text at 4:30 PM that Liberty-Benton was now looking for a game.
Tuesday the 24th and Wednesday the 25th? Or.................................. Tuesday the 21st and Wednesday the 22nd?

I'm going to change my pick in the Eastwood/Elmwood game. Royals 34 Eagles 28.

Hearing now that Eastwood is without another starter that plays on both sides of the ball. They are pretty banged up.

Offensively without their guard (transfer who has to sit out rest of year), starting running back, backup running back and receiver. Defensively without their 2 starting defensive ends and 2 linebackers. Good news is most of the guys should be back within a couple weeks.

If Eastwood wins this one, Elmwood will never beat them.

I'm going to change my pick in the Eastwood/Elmwood game. Royals 34 Eagles 28.

Hearing now that Eastwood is without another starter that plays on both sides of the ball. They are pretty banged up.

Offensively without their guard (transfer who has to sit out rest of year), starting running back, backup running back and receiver. Defensively without their 2 starting defensive ends and 2 linebackers. Good news is most of the guys should be back within a couple weeks.

If Eastwood wins this one, Elmwood will never beat them.
I’m hesitant to believe all this, but that’s just who I am. Eastwood will be fine, they’ve got 4th graders that can step in and run this offense.

If this is true I think Elmwood wins. Eastwood had a guard who transferred in along with the Tackle back from Rossford?

Kudos to Elmwood. 20 years is a long time, but they got it done tonight.

I think a healthy Eastwood team makes this a different outcome. Maybe we see that in week 12 or 13.

Missing the 4 defensive starters really hurt the Eagles tonight. They literally had to start 2 JV guys against a very potent Royal offense. Oliver and Endicott are the deal.

The Boos brothers certainly didn’t disappoint either. Toughest QB/WR combo in the league.

Games This Week

Rossford at Eastwood
Lake at Elmwood
Fostoria at Woodmore
Genoa at Otsego

How many of Eastwood’s injuries are back this week? Who will finish 1-9?

We’ll still have Fostoria, so not completely.
Seriously though, why is fostoria in the league? They’re an outlier in proximity to every other school. They don’t field teams in soccer yet have the 2nd biggest enrollment in the conference before the switch.

Seriously though, why is fostoria in the league? They’re an outlier in proximity to every other school. They don’t field teams in soccer yet have the 2nd biggest enrollment in the conference before the switch.
Serious question. What league would be the best fit for Fostoria and who would be a good replacement for them?

I thought when Elmwood made the jump they should have taken Fostoria with them to the BVC.
it’s not like anyone in that league would be concerned about playing them in football (CR is bailing completely, NB is playing football as an independent and Vanlue is Vanlue) would make the league a couple D7 schools, couple D6 and a couple D5.
Fostoria is not and might never be competitive in the NBC

I thought when Elmwood made the jump they should have taken Fostoria with them to the BVC.
it’s not like anyone in that league would be concerned about playing them in football (CR is bailing completely, NB is playing football as an independent and Vanlue is Vanlue) would make the league a couple D7 schools, couple D6 and a couple D5.
Fostoria is not and might never be competitive in the NBC
Not in a NBC with Oak harbor & Maumee, no. Might not be competitive in the BVC either. Last year 4-6 McComb beat Fostoria by 36.

Who would be a better fit for the NBC if Fostoria left the league. Bowling Green or Port Clinton?

Bowling Green. Hour long trips in the winter to PC if you're Maumee, Rossford, and Otsego versus 15-25 minute trips to BG.

Size wise, Port Clinton makes a compelling case. Just doesn't make sense logistically except for Oak Harbor.

I also think Fostoria likes where they are actually. Maybe, they'd prefer to to be in the BVC but I do not believe the BVC will be adding them anytime soon.