McKinley High School football head coach Marcus Wattley, seven assistant coaches suspended

I wish the coach well but I also I know this sealed the deal from an outstanding bball player not continuing his education at McKinley. This has an overall effect on the entire sports program.
Listen, the kid might not be going to McKinley but I doubt it is because of this. I would really like to hear where you got this information.

I don't think Grimsley should have been let go from coaching he walked in on this mess he should be reinstated, an he informed his higher ups , Antonio Hall left after Wattley got the job to STA, stayed there one year came back an got the AD job , MMMM now he get's the HC job need to bring Grimsley back

I don't think Grimsley should have been let go from coaching he walked in on this mess he should be reinstated, an he informed his higher ups , Antonio Hall left after Wattley got the job to STA, stayed there one year came back an got the AD job , MMMM now he get's the HC job need to bring Grimsley back
It may not be up to Antonio Hall to bring him back. Besides, I’m sure he has other people to help him after this mess. Fresh start.

Really don't know why the player's religion is a factor, wasn't it the public schools decision years ago to take GOD out of the schools? But then again, maybe its whose GOD your talking about, just sayin

From what I hear Grimsley had a little more to do with it than that, but I'll play. Grimsley walked in on it and did nothing? Felt it was bad enough to report it to the board but did nothing to stop it? I'd fire him too.
Grimsley believed that he would be the next head coach.

Just re
Screenshot_20210618-215352_Facebook.jpg
ad this on social media

Reactions: y2h
As long as the lawyer can keep the focus on the religion issue, which is debatable on some level, he keeps the focus off the hazing issue, which is clear as day. The social media post is just a red herring/deflection.
Correct, which is why they fired the staff for HAZING because that's all they needed and it was on video. They can debate the religious portion in the civil courts. Also not a really bright move by his attorney to post the kids (victim) photos on social media. Judges don't seem to take posting victims picture very well and consider it additional emotional damages when deciding an amount. Those photos could've been shared in court and not the media.

In the end, the kid embarrassed himself.

Kids wouldn't accept him, because our kids are coached hard. You ever heard of Myian Williams. I can tell you Parker coached him very hard & held him accountable and now he is @ ohio state looking to have a great sophomore year. Take a trip to OSU & ask him yourself. This kid & parents are locker room cancers and you don't want them around your program. I've heard coaches call kids names that are demeaning. Do they go back to their parents & say he sd YOU GUYS ARENT AS DUMB AS I THOUGHT YOU WERE. IVE HEARD THAT 1,000 TIMES & AT PRIVATE SCHOOLS ITS WORSE & THOSE IDEOLOGY (RELIGION) TEACHERS HAVE THE WORST MOUTHS. WE HAD A BROTHER BY THE NAME OF BROTHER GENE AND HE WAS THE AD TOO. HE WOULD CALL US EVERY NAME BUT THE CHILD OF GOD. BUT YOU ALL SAY THEY HAVE AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE, YES THEIR KIDS CAN DISTINGUISH THE MESSAGE FROM THE DELIVERY. And for you Massillon folks who are talking about this, keep that same energy when your fans were spitting and yelling obscenities at Lasalle 2 yrs ago in the state championship game. They didn't cry they just went out & kicked !
In the end, the kid's future isn't down the drain and will also get paid.

As someone with recent coaching experience at Princeton...if Parker did anything like Wattley and staff did, their contracts would be terminated. And reported to the ODE.

If you can't wrap your head around the idea that forcing a kid to eat an entire pizza while the rest of the team runs is BY ITSELF textbook hazing, much less that the coaches did so while KNOWINGLY VIOLATING a student's religious beliefs, I'm not sure anything anyone says will help explain it to you.

I really hope you are just trolling McKinley.

So Moore is better than Wattley but also coach in two completely different environments, we get that. However, if Moore made a mistake similar to this there isn't a person on this forum from Massillon that would man up to it, period. Just like Munford, everyone in Massillon defends it to the hilt and everyone else sees it for what it was. And please don't put a feather in your cap for developing the kid and making him a first round pick, he played maybe 7 games for you and would have played more had he stayed at LaSalle and still been a major D1 pick.
It's always amusing when they take a kid developed in another program and then claim that they did it.

Again, nothing this kid has done--nor anything ANY kid has done--justifies hazing. It does not belong in sports or any organization.

Sorry you're too myopic to understand the difference between acceptable punishments and hazing.
You dont understand hazing. You should as your program had an incident where a kid was held down as his head was shaved against his will...now that's hazing.

Both were hazing. Not one was and one wasn't depending on your agenda, dope.

Alot has changed in 15 years. And in 25, or 50. Shepas OR Moore would be fired over that today and they should be.
A kid eating a piece of pizza isnt hazing, its lunch.

I hope it's just the agenda talking from you Massillon guys. I give you guys a lot of grief but no one would accuse you guys of being soft...until now. Sad to see.

Similar to NCH in regards to Erick Howard?
I guess that's how they spin the whole "greatest player in the history of our program raping a woman with a gun" not being a product of Mr. Howard's time literally living in Hertler's basement and scoring that whopping 17 on the ACT.

Maybe if coach Wattley had been there to force feed Erick pizza or shame him in front of the entire team he'd have turned out to be an upstanding citizen, since that's what all you crusty old child abuse advocates seem to think hazing does.

I guess that's how they spin the whole "greatest player in the history of our program raping a woman with a gun" not being a product of Mr. Howard's time literally living in Hertler's basement and scoring that whopping 17 on the ACT.

Maybe if coach Wattley had been there to force feed Erick pizza or shame him in front of the entire team he'd have turned out to be an upstanding citizen, since that's what all you crusty old child abuse advocates seem to think hazing does.
No one was hazed so...

He lived with Hertler a few months but yeah that outweighed all the years he didnt.

You guys really arent good at this.