Coaching changes

Any background on him? TIA
Here's what I know and what I don't. He spent several years at Moe during the Corrill, Harger, ward Years. Left to be the head coach at basically the worst wrestling school in Cincinnati, Williamsburg. They were bad, bad and within a couple years they were consistently one of the best D-3 Teams in the area. Won the first Conference Wrestling Championship in the school's history, they won a sectional, and had a couple state placers and a State champ. Now whether or not he can do the same thing at the D-1 level is yet to be seen. If so they may have caught lightning in a bottle, but only time will tell.

Here's what I know and what I don't. He spent several years at Moe during the Corrill, Harger, ward Years. Left to be the head coach at basically the worst wrestling school in Cincinnati, Williamsburg. They were bad, bad and within a couple years they were consistently one of the best D-3 Teams in the area. Won the first Conference Wrestling Championship in the school's history, they won a sectional, and had a couple state placers and a State champ. Now whether or not he can do the same thing at the D-1 level is yet to be seen. If so they may have caught lightning in a bottle, but only time will tell.
Thank you very much. I would love to see the Bombers again compete with the likes of Moeller, Elder, and Lasalle.

A shocking amount of wrestling coaches are dirty. However, let us be honest, it is a faux pas to talk about it. It is something discussed in van rides and among coaching friends. Not on the forums or publicly.

Whenever they are exposed. Every knowledgeable coach shrugs or rolls eyes because they should’ve been caught earlier.

Never mind how bad or short sighted their behavior may be. Talk of any such thing is shouted down. So let’s just congratulate the new coaches and support the sport*

*Let me be clear. I don’t know coach Shaw. I’m making an observation in general based off experience. Also, let’s keep thread on topic

Last edited:
I have never once heard anything about Shaw being dirty or anything of the sort. I coach in the EOWL and have always been impressed by his energy, team, and their performances.

I think its great for both Shaw and Canfield, although I thought the coaching staff at Canfield was already tremendous.

Thats awsome news for Coach Shaw!Coach Blackburn stepped down at Big Red,Lucas Huffman takes over.