New HS Elite league

If I want to watch great basketball players, I will turn on the NBA. If I want to watch "real" basketball, I will watch real HS basketball. Not sure why many would care about a league of players that most will never sniff the NBA but they market themselves as the "elite" players.

Not picking on StV but they are the closest school to that level in Ohio. They have had a great program for 20 years but I believe LeBron is the only player during this run that has made it to the NBA. Plenty of extremely talented players chose to play for the Irish but like 99.9% of HS players, none made the NBA. Being elite is great and all but the excitement of HS basketball is lost when the marketers get involved and try to tell us what is "great".

HS basketball is about the community, friends, and fans. The NBA is the destination for great basketball players. The NIBC is just a money making idea taking advantage of schools, players, parents and all the goodwill that HS basketball has built for almost a century.

Last edited:
If I want to watch great basketball players, I will turn on the NBA. If I want to watch "real" basketball, I will watch real HS basketball. Not sure why many would care about a league of players that most will never sniff the NBA but they market themselves as the "elite" players.

Not picking on StV but they are the closest school to that level in Ohio. They have had a great program for 20 years but I believe LeBron is the only player during this run that has made it to the NBA. Plenty of extremely talented players chose to play for the Irish but like 99.9% of HS players, none made the NBA. Being elite is great and all but the excitement of HS basketball is lost when the marketers get involved and try to tell us what is "great".

HS basketball is about the community, friends, and fans. The NBA is the destination for great basketball players. The NIBC is just a money making idea taking advantage of schools, players, parents and all the goodwill that HS basketball has built for almost a century.
High school basketball and high school football are THE best.

These teams are already where you describe. This is just them getting together in a league. Won't have any more effect than previously om high school basketball.

These teams are already where you describe. This is just them getting together in a league. Won't have any more effect than previously om high school basketball.

This is correct alot of states unlike Ohio have given up on the traditional high school model and basically allowed the formation of prep schools and then from there allow multiple players from schools play on travel or aau type club teams and represent the state

Ohio still has one of the most 1950s rules by only allowing 2 kids per grade per school on the same aau team. Ohio high school basketball is still in better shape than alot of states currently but that is going to change eventually. When that rule changes watch out as bigger cities will be able to take youth club teams into high school (Cbus, Cleveland, Toledo, Cincy particularly). Currently no Ohio teams minus the attempt at Spire were close to that.

This is correct alot of states unlike Ohio have given up on the traditional high school model and basically allowed the formation of prep schools and then from there allow multiple players from schools play on travel or aau type club teams and represent the state

Ohio still has one of the most 1950s rules by only allowing 2 kids per grade per school on the same aau team. Ohio high school basketball is still in better shape than alot of states currently but that is going to change eventually. When that rule changes watch out as bigger cities will be able to take youth club teams into high school (Cbus, Cleveland, Toledo, Cincy particularly). Currently no Ohio teams minus the attempt at Spire were close to that.
That will be a sad day IMO.

I am fine with Prep Schools, let them be....

Just don't call them High Schools and keep them out of the Top 25 rankings