OHSAA Mandate

You don’t know anything about how insurance or liability works then. Remember last year when Yappi experts said sports weren’t going to happen because of the liability of “long term effects” of covid? Have you ever heard of a high school being sued for medical bills for sports injuries or concussions? No. It won’t happen.

Look how insanely protective parents are of their kids today. That's the main reason why I expect it to become a rule, helicopter parents putting pressure on the OHSAA.

It's time to move on. Texas has proved we don't need masks. It's been almost 2 months since they ending masks. The "experts" said by the end of March they would have 15K cases a day by the middle of April 50K + cases a day and they haven't even come close to any of that. Not even close. Look at the numbers. Don't see the media saying anything about this. The same goes for Indiana.

DEBATE:
Should the OHSAA mandate proof of a Corona Virus vaccine for spectator attendance at football games?

The OHSAA already has set precedence with several other health preventative requirements. Athletes must have a current physical, wear a helmet and mouth guard. Schools have a no-smoking, no alcohol policy.

Perhaps something less restrictive may be less provocative. Maybe they should leave attendance as it is and just segregate those attendees that have been vaccinated and choose to wear a mask.

I was in this discussion over the weekend and it was very interesting.
No. Definitely not.

It seems know-one has addressed the idea of allowing unrestricted access into the stadium but isolating those fans that wear masks and have been innoculated.

It seems this approach would accommodate all the fans and still protect those that do not want to be vaccinated or do not want to wear a mask.

Last edited:
It seems know-one has addressed the idea of allowing unrestricted access into the stadium but isolating those fans that wear masks and have been innoculated.

It seems this approach would accommodate all the fans and still protect those that do not want to be vaccinated or want to wear a mask.
"Know-one" has addressed that idea because it would be impossible to enforce and is unnecessary.

It seems this approach would accommodate all the fans and still protect those that do not want to be vaccinated or want to wear a mask.
Unrestricted access..... Yet you want to isolate people?

How does that work?

How does that work?
I believe he is saying to have certain sections (once inside) strictly for mask wearing individuals and individuals who have been vaccinated...as well as sections for people who elect not to where masks.

How does that work?
I realize this may seem complicated to the simple minded but perhaps those that are true to their convictions would want to avoid those that are not likeminded. Or perhaps there could be signs indicating the restricted areas. This seems to work pretty well when separating fans of opposing teams.

I realize this may seem complicated to the simple minded but perhaps those that are true to their convictions would want to avoid those that are not likeminded. Or perhaps there could be signs indicating the restricted areas. This seems to work pretty well when separating fans of opposing teams.
You are comparing fans of opposing teams with people who are or aren't vaccinated? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

How about this idea from a simple minded person.....

No restrictions, period.
If you are afraid of your own shadow....... stay home.

Worked pretty well before politics gave us the silly restrictions we have been living under for the last 13+ months.

Maybe we could just make them wear a large Scarlet A on their letterman Jacket and then stone them for halftime entertainment. We could do a 50/50 raffle to get to cast the 1st stone.

I highly doubt this is anything OHSAA wants to touch unless absolutely forced to. Once again, the schools don't have the manpower to check every single persons Vaccine Card. They sure as heck don't want to keep any type of records of people who've been vaccinated and who hasn't. The "Vaccine Passport" has been shot down by both parties yet for whatever reason one side continues to loudly yell against them...while the other party, though not as loud, say the same thing.

I truly hope by next fall that there are very little, if any attendance restrictions. Perhaps schools can rope off a section where people could have the option to sit distanced and masks if they so chose. But at the end of the day the main concern is that the kids get to compete. If I have to wear a mask in the stands, so be it

Because of my advanced age and feeble body, unfortunately I have not attended a football game in several years. However, because of radio, streaming service and my association with some coaches and student athletes, I am fully aware of what is taking place with my hometown team. Having played the game in high school, college and in the armed service, my passion for it has not waned.

I did not make any comparisons of opposing team fans to vaccinated or unvaccinated fans. I simply pointed out an example showing this separation can be done easily. In addition, I did not call anyone simpleminded.

Be mindful too, like fans of opposing teams are not restricted to one side of a stadium or the other, neither should vaccinated and unvaccinated fans be involuntary isolated. However, also like fans of a particular team want to congregate with likeminded supporters, perhaps unmasked or unvaccinated fans may want to sit together.

Last edited:
In addition, I did not call anyone simpleminded.
Um...... yes you did.
I realize this may seem complicated to the simple minded

I did not make any comparisons of opposing team fans to vaccinated or unvaccinated fans. I simply pointed out an example showing this separation can be done easily.

Separating fans by team and separating fans by masks, vaccinations, etc....., are as apples to oranges as it gets.

It seems this approach would accommodate all the fans and still protect those that do not want to be vaccinated or do not want to wear a mask.
Why would you do that?

I still remember the band and football team arguing over if Band Camp or 2-a-days were harder.

Still 2 a days, no questions asked. But we definitely worked hard, also twice a day in summer heat lol. The difference was we didn't have pads, helmets, and have to run all over. Football practice is insane.

Although I'd hate to carry a tuba or bass drum around in 90 degree heat too lol.

Opposing teams fans seperate themselves by choice. You are talking about segregation. Whole different ball of wax and one that a lot Americans aren't too keen on.

I attended 6 games last year . There were scores of people wearing neck accessories while sitting in the stands . Basically not covering their faced at all . ( of course very limited space and fans allowed ) Students weren’t there but some kids ( siblings certain friends ). Who were there? Most didn’t consistently keep a mask on their face . Watched the title games on TV . Tons of non masked fans . This year ? IF there is any kind of mandate ? No one will really enforce it in the stands IMO. We will have more vaccinated people and more natural immunity 4 months from now . Will be able to be a more normal experience

Still 2 a days, no questions asked. But we definitely worked hard, also twice a day in summer heat lol. The difference was we didn't have pads, helmets, and have to run all over. Football practice is insane.

Although I'd hate to carry a tuba or bass drum around in 90 degree heat too lol.
My junior year the band had a legitimate argument. Band camp was 13 hours of practice a day with like 3 or 4 water breaks all day. Half the band quit because it was causing them major health issues (one girl lost like 30 pounds in a week).

My junior year the band had a legitimate argument. Band camp was 13 hours of practice a day with like 3 or 4 water breaks all day. Half the band quit because it was causing them major health issues (one girl lost like 30 pounds in a week).

We did like 8 AM-2PM, then would come back from like 4-9. It was definitely insane, but luckily we did hourly water breaks. As out of shape as I was in those days, I'm not sure how I did it honestly.