OHSAA Mandate

Separately, I’m going to address each of these that are worthy of addressing.

The Dock responded “The games are outside, anyways.” Although the fresh air decrease transmission, the “outside” does not inoculate you against this virus.
I really don't think it is necessary to mandate vaccines or masks come September. This talk really is silly, and undermines the point of why there were mandates*measures taken to stop the spread in the 9-11 month "pre-vaccine" era of COVID times.

What schools took out physical education? A lot of schools I know of not only have the basic PE, but have elective PE classes for things like weightlifting.
State education departments, in their infinite wisdom, have drastically cut funding for physical education in the last 20 years, and have removed requirements for kids to take PE classes. Less money + no requirement = less PE classes statewide

LMAO

Right, it's the republican governors nationwide that are pushing this BS.
We don't elect Republican governors nationwide, but it was the Elected Will of the Ohioans (apparently) to do all of those things you just decried.

State education departments, in their infinite wisdom, have drastically cut funding for physical education in the last 20 years, and have removed requirements for kids to take PE classes. Less money + no requirement = less PE classes statewide
No requirement? It's literally a requirement for graduation in the state of Ohio. The Ohio Dept. of Education mandates that all students earn at least 0.5 credits of PE in order to earn their diploma. Source: http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Ohio-s-Graduation-Requirements.

No requirement? It's literally a requirement for graduation in the state of Ohio. The Ohio Dept. of Education mandates that all students earn at least 0.5 credits of PE in order to earn their diploma. Source: http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Ohio-s-Graduation-Requirements.
Around 2011-2012, they started adding ways for students to opt out of phys. ed classes. Participating in any sport, marching band, cheerleading, or color guard allows kids the option to opt out of phys. ed classes

Around 2011-2012, they started adding ways for students to opt out of phys. ed classes. Participating in any sport, marching band, cheerleading, or color guard allows kids the option to opt out of phys. ed classes
I don't see a problem. ?‍♂️

I don't see a problem. ?‍♂️
Also: it was already a common practice for students before then to just spend their first week-or-so of summer doing "summer gym" (chocked full of fun activities like swimming, playing tennis, disc-golfing, running the track.)

P.E. classes as part of the daily class schedules, at the HS level, are useless time-sinks that take away from the classroom.

And you think that's political BS? Your original post was criticizing health mandates and that if the state actually cared about health, that they'd "put phys ed back in schools." I'm just pointing out that your post doesn't make sense. Because there is a PE requirement. And If a student is participating in sports/activities, then they're doing physical exercise. And on top of that, there's usually a district requirement that in order for a student to replace their PE credit with a sport/activity, then they have to do it for at least 3 semesters (i.e. basically more than a one-and-done) in order for it to count. I think a long-term commitment to a sport/activity like that not only fulfills the PE requirement, but has many other benefits.

From what I'm observing at Baseball games and track meets this spring in MAC country, by August there will be 100% attendance allowed for outside events. As for mask, as ThaVoice said, have a mask when you walk in and then dont worry about it.

No. By the time high school football starts, everyone will have had the opportunity to get vaccinated. Those who chose to not get vaccinated are on their own so they assume whatever risk/exposure may exist. If they get sick, it’s on them. Not sure how much risk there is at high school sporting events anyway with most people having made the voice to be vaccinated. IMO it’s time to move on.

Then stop electing Republicans for the governor's office, dude.
That may ring true in Ohio but certainly not in the majority of the other Red States.

NY, Michigan, California all Blue and have shut down their states since last March. Texas and FLA. both Red been Open for awhile now.State by State Coronavirus-Related Restrictions - AARPhttps://www.aarp.org › government-elections › info-2020

All the Major CFB Bowl Games were in Red States including the Rose Bowl which was moved out of Blue California, The Entire NCAA BB Tournament was moved to Red State Indiana. Fla. had the Super Bowl. and all their normal CFB Bowl Games.

Last edited:
P.E. classes as part of the daily class schedules, at the HS level, are useless time-sinks that take away from the classroom.
PE is rapidly evolving. I know of a school in NKY that requires PE students to wear a heart rate monitor on their wrists, looks like an apple watch almost. In order for students to get credit for each day of PE, they have to have 80% of the class period with their heart rate in a certain target range. This gets adjusted once or twice a semester as the students physical fitness increases.

Separately, I’m going to address each of these that are worthy of addressing.

The Dock responded “The games are outside, anyways.” Although the fresh air decrease transmission, the “outside” does not inoculate you against this virus.

Submitted by thehawg27, “just finished a very successful season wo such Draconian measures .” Although the OHSAA completed the 2020 season, it is debatable whether it was successful.

According to *67, “Schools should have the control and final say over who attends events at their facility. OHSAA has final say on health and safety mandates for their competitors. It isn't the same thing. Surprisingly, I agree with this sentiment. However, we all know it is not true. The OHSAA sets these rules and the police are usually there to enforce them. I am a smoker but if I am caught smoking at a football game I am forced to either leave or extinguish my cigarette.

Weiskittle typed, “Sounds like a discrimination law suit, public school ran from tax payer money. If you take tax paper money you lose your rights to “refuse service” to anyone.” See the above.

What is there to debate homie??? The season was completed, championships were crowned in 7 different divisions AND there is NO evidence of significant community spread as a result of playing football/soccer/golf/cross country, etc.

Most reasonable people who aren't fear pimps, would consider that successful

This just in, the gov’t raised the legal driving age to 18 (too many teenage car accidents), raised the drinking age to 24 (safer to wait til you’re out of college), raised the retirement age to ... wait, they already did that a few times!!!

I respect what you are saying. But as someone who took a ton of Advanced and AP classes throughout HS I appreciated the 2 gym classes I was required to take as a break from brain work.

As for kids now being able to get out of PE by playing a sport. I know I did more during a single 2-a-day than I did in an entire semester of gym class.

I mean I don’t make the rules lol. But it wouldn’t shock me to see this implemented
You don’t know anything about how insurance or liability works then. Remember last year when Yappi experts said sports weren’t going to happen because of the liability of “long term effects” of covid? Have you ever heard of a high school being sued for medical bills for sports injuries or concussions? No. It won’t happen.

I respect what you are saying. But as someone who took a ton of Advanced and AP classes throughout HS I appreciated the 2 gym classes I was required to take as a break from brain work.

As for kids now being able to get out of PE by playing a sport. I know I did more during a single 2-a-day than I did in an entire semester of gym class.

Hell I did more in band camp than I did in a semester of gym class....