Recent content by TopBottomNeutralDefer

1. T

NFHS rule changes for 2024-25

Need to adjust how Major Decision and a Tech is Scored. 10pt difference for a MD, 18pt for a Tech is more prorated to the points adjustment especially with near falls going 2, 3 4.
  2. T

NFHS rule changes for 2024-25

Yes beginning of 24/25 season
  3. T

Coach Resigns

DF was a National Champ for Notre Dame College, also an assistant there, cant forget 3x state runner up at Wadsworth when he attended.
  4. T

Coach Resigns

That is sure the popular vote, but the electoral college might have a different idea. Have a feeling the new coach will be from the 2010 State title team.
  5. T

Lets change OT in high school.

No I don't care about RT., I care about the stalling calls that Carr was hit with. Instead of letting them wrestle. the ref put himself into the match making those three stall calls. Ive been consistent on my stance. you flip flopped. i said to INTRODUCE RT as a change to avoid more OT and you...
  6. T

Jim, did you see Carr, VS Mesenbrink? That match is a great example of exactly what I am referring to. Carr got hit 3x for stalling which in fact put Mesenbrink back into the match with 2pts off of those calls with chance to tie it because of Ride Time which you want to eliminate. Seriously...
  7. T

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

Figueroa big time win for the pickem team.
  8. T

Division II Team Race?

Derek Foore, Wadsworth, 3x runner up to Sean Nemec of ST.Eds
  9. T

You're right Jim, if Kid B was smart, heck even good at wrestling, he would just score in regulation and not let it get to OT.... Refs in NFL call playoff games differently than regular season. NBA officials ref differently in post season than in regular season i think they call it swallowing...
  10. T

100% agree with the penalty point scenario. I'd break down the OT to 1min, 30sec top/30sec bottom, 1 minute. Or introduce riding time in Ohio. Jim, my interpretation of what he meant was, some bogus stall call because a Kid A half shoots Kid B out of bounds to get a restart and kid B gets hits...
  11. T

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

*Returning Champ* 125 - 8 - Richard Figueroa - ASU 133 - 6 - Vito Arujau - COR 141 - 12 - Wyatt Henson - LH 149 - 7 - Tyler Kasak - PSU 157 - 3 - Meyer Shapiro - COR 165 - 2 - Mitchell Mesenbrink - PSU 174 - 9 - Carter Starocci - PSU 184 - 5 - Lenny Pinto - NEB 197 - 1 - Aaron Brooks - PSU 285...
  12. T

Top 5 toughest weight classes to place at 2024 high school state ?

Yes meant to point out the split Green and bickerton had. The whole point is those freshman and sophomore are already on the level of the juniors and seniors.
  13. T

D 1 106 Final

I agree with this sentiment 100% as to what wrestling can build for the individual. I think those kids when they get to college get a taste of life without Mom and Dad in their ear about everything and realize there is more to life than wrestling, and wrestling isn't notoriously known for...
  14. T

Will the State Tournament be moved in the near future?

What about University of Cincinnati? I know they are in club stages of wrestling now being a member of the big12. This type of event can only help indoctrinate a new sport to a school. OU has the convocation Center. Covelli Center at YSU. Wolstein Center at Cleveland State. I also believe...
  15. T

Top 5 toughest weight classes to place at 2024 high school state ?

Idk if that is the proper comparison, sure those kids are more complete wrestlers now than before: -they've seen more wrestlers/ matches -been to more events, -more reps in the practice room. having a bigger body of work doesn't mean you are more skilled. -the JRs SRs when they were Frosh /...