Recent content by lotr10

1. L

Asian Americans being attacked by African Americans in New York. BLM and Dems silent

The comments were pretty tame and actually quite well thought out and expressed. I see no justification based on the content of the comments o have closed them down.
  2. L

Gop calls on Rep. Gonzalez to resign

Gonzalez.
  3. L

Maybe not but like Reagan he was an ex democrat outsider.
  4. L

THEY CAMPAIGNED - eg, they fund raised on the issue. Big difference to actually doing anything about it. And like the democrats with poverty & racism they never wanted to see the spending problem solved because then how would they get elected and how would they fund their campaigns? The Tea...
  5. L

IB I started having serious doubts about the honesty and competence of our Intelligence Community when Saddam's WOMD didn't turn up. Didn't you? I fully supported that war and it wasn't until years later and after seeing all the evidence that I realized what a fool I was and how dishonest Bush...
  6. L

And when was this golden time that republicans were fiscally responsible?
  7. L

Alamo renovation gets stuck over arguments about slavery

T I spelled out the context in my post above when I talked about what factors led up to the Texans rebelling and what was the aftermath: At this point and AFTER explaining the BATTLE you can touch on the broader topics like: Why did Americans migrate to Texas? what other Mexican provinces...
  8. L

Populism has a long history of being a part of the conservative movement. It was driven from the party first by the GOP's embrace of Corporatism and then by the Neo-conservatives who wanted to intervene all over the world and couldn't say no to a war. Both Corporatism (globalism) and nation...
  9. L

The fact that Trump evolved and changed his political stripes actually gives him more credibility IMO. You know who else was a democrat that switched to being a republican? Ronald Reagan.
  10. L

The "true GOP" as you call it was dying. Not really conservative; definitely not populist; stuffy; dangerously NeoCon and overly concerned with what people were doing behind the doors of their bedrooms. Beholden to the Chamber of Commerce and certain big Corporate Interests. But even worse the...
  11. L

Should all historical figures be investigated for potential issues from their past?

A great example of this would be Benedict Arnold. Most people know him as America's greatest traitor. Yet he was also a courageous warrior who may have done more to win the Revolutionary War then every other military commander not named George Washington.
  12. L

Should all historical figures be investigated for potential issues from their past?

I agree with Zunardo that we should look at ALL the issues surrounding ALL of our historical figures. At the same time we should NEVER cancel one from history no matter how egregious the wrong. Standards change over time as to what is acceptable and not acceptable behavior. Leave it up to...
  13. L

Good question. Just another reason why the country is unraveling. When the bureaucratic state teamed up with the Obama administration and democrat party to spy on and interfere with first the Trump campaign and then the Trump transition into the White House a line was crossed. I'm not sure...
  14. L

While you may not "walk in lock step with either party" I don't trust either party. The democrats and much of the American beauracratic state is corrupt. Joining them are an uncomfortably large number of republicans. The thing you and others don't get is that Trump was a reaction to the...
  15. L

And this is why many of us are losing faith in the top intelligence agencies of the US. Much of what you posted has been contested or even proven wrong. Sorry but I don't accept this as evidence of anything. And if Putin and the Russians really did help Trump then he's a complete idiot as...