Recent content by Laces

1. L

Club Soccer Updates for HS Aged Boys

I did not get to see all the games today, but glancing at the results it looks like a bit of chalk with a few surprises sprinkled in. The ‘04’s will be cup vs challenger, but it looks like cup may have gotten a bit of a scare from elite in today’s game. Those two teams know each other well, so...
  2. L

Round 3 SW Ohio - D1, D2, D3

#5 Lakota East vs. #8 Lakota West #4 Moeller vs. #7 Sycamore #1 Mason vs. #11 LaSalle #3 Anderson vs. #6 Milford #2 St. Xavier vs. #12 Kings #1 Centerville vs. #9 Kettering Fairmont #2 Beavercreek vs. #6 Northmont #3 Springboro vs. #5 Carroll The Mason / LaSalle game could end up being a toss...
  3. L

Colerain upsets Mason 1-0

You are right and I stand corrected. We should be congratulating Colerain for beating a depleted Mason squad and acknowledging that the keeper seems to have had a great game. My point on goalie stats was probably irrelevant since it seems other factors likely influenced the outcome…which all...
  4. L

D1 SW Ohio District/Regional Predictions

A matchup between Lasalle and Mason could be interesting if Mason is actually down a bunch of guys for multiple games. They probably still pull it off, but it would be worth keeping an eye on. If Mason is back at full power or near it then it is the comets all day.
  5. L

Let’s rewind the story here to review my stupidity. It is all posted above. Weird results come out on colerain game. I say maybe Mason was sitting people. I get told, the goalie had huge stats. I stated goalie stats often are unreliable and I wouldn’t use them to understand what really...
  6. L

People are very sensitive on this thread flatstix. Makes sense now that Colerain won because Mason didn’t play a bunch of guys. Just don’t you dare question goalkeeping statistics on top of your crazy rumors :)! They will run you out of town!
  7. L

Colerain keeper may be the best in the nation.
  8. L

Sorry. It wasn’t a shot at the keeper. I am sure he is good. All I was saying is that you can’t necessarily look at keeper stats to get a read on the game. All you have to do to verify this is look at the wide spread of keeper stats between leagues and teams. Some teams must record a pass...
  9. L

I wouldn’t look too much into goalie stats for a direction on a game. Those stats are recorded differently from team to team or league to league. Some schools seem to count every GK touch as a save.
  10. L

Could have been resting guys heading into the tourney since the game meant nothing…however I doubt they expected to actually lose it.
  11. L

2021 St. Ignatius soccer

I am guessing the question behind this is how it plays out towards state Championships. They are in northeast 6, elyria 2 which is actually in region 2. So in the semifinals 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3.
  12. L

2021 St. Ignatius soccer

Northeast 6 http://officials.myohsaa.org/Admin/Bracket/PublicBracket?TournamentId=2076
  13. L

Southwest District playoff

Brackets are up. Here is D1. https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/files/DAB/SouthWest/Soccer%20-%20Boys/2021%20BS%20D1%20BRACKETS.pdf
  14. L

GCL Champs?

I will go with St X. They are playing much better right now. Very strong performance against Mason that was even better than the final score indicated. Solid enough win against LaSalle. Moeller has been tired, slow, and beat up. They squeaked by elder, and have a short bench. If they don’t...
  15. L

Week 8 Match Ups

Sycamore v SCD score?