Recent content by commodore20

1. C

Bellefontaine Football Coach Placed On Leave

Parkway's young head coach resigned after his. Would be very surprised if this coach doesn't do the same.
  2. C

Stadium with the best view

Beautiful! However, I hope they go for two every time on the bay end!
  3. C

Banning Tackle Football?

Yes, this is true. Actually there is no organized pee wee football at all until junior high. Each school runs "camps" for the grade school age to get their feet wet. At least Minster does this, because my son participates. Not sure about the other MAC schools.
  4. C

Marion Local

I think Goodwin would turn just about any team around and improve them, but he wouldn't have near the success he does at ML. Marion Local parents (and pretty much every other MAC school) the parents shut up and let the coaches run the program. He would run into issues at a bigger school. There...
  5. C

The OHSAA should be worried

With the caveat in mind, of course that you can't go down a division below your enrollment. Your baseline is the enrollment you are at. You can't go lower than that division.
  6. C

Successful people never have the thought in mind that they are being punished. They look at it as a fresh new challenge and what do they have to do to win that next division. Which is exactly what Marion Local would do. If we are using analogies, say like you have an employee in an office that...
  7. C

Bumping up after winning would allow more D7 schools to compete for a title in the long run, and would give us, for example, a Marion Local vs Perry match up in D5 some year. I for one would have loved to see that game. If Marion would have lost, drop them back to 6 next year for example. It's a...
  8. C

DV Perry vs Liberty Center Updates (12/02/23)

Very questionable at best play calling by LC once they got inside the 30. They still had time, and a timeout and gunned for the end zone every play. Not smart.
  9. C

DVII Marion Local vs Dalton Updates (12/02/23)

It isn't even talent so much as execution. In high school, not only is it the teams going at it, but whoever is the smarter, more prepared coach. Tiger Laverde is the only one as good as Goodwin in that department, at the small school level.
  10. C

DVII Marion Local vs Dalton Updates (12/02/23)

This game is over. The look on Daltons players faces says it all. Whatever MAC coach said that Dalton resembles Anna isn't wrong.
  11. C

One thing with CB that needs issued....if you win a state championship in a Division, the next year you should automatically be bumped up a division. If you don't win it the next year, drop back down a division. You can inadvertently play leapfrog that way, but in the long run would help...
  12. C

DVI Kirtland vs Versailles Updates (12/01/23)

2015: Kirtland 22, Marion Local 20 2017: Marion Local 34, Kirtland 11 2018: Kirtland 16, Marion Local 7 2022: Marion Local 14, Kirtland 6 Each game was a state title game.
  13. C

DI Springfield vs St Edward Updates (12/01/23)

3rd time the charm? Springfield is looking good after being shell shocked early.
  14. C

DVI Kirtland vs Versailles Updates (12/01/23)

This isn't just a high school rule. It's a rule in college and the pros too.
  15. C

Division VII State Final Marion Local vs Dalton

I'm also in the camp that thinks this will be a good game. I've been following Dalton all season, and they've been hungry and waiting for this. I think Marion will win, but it will be a competitive game. I'll say 17-7, Steiners.