Recent content by Cleanshands

1. C

2024 HS Season

X has one big hole. They have it every year…
  2. C

2023 HS Season

Here is the link to Maxprep X stars. Boyett played through the regular season and had 2 sets in the Walnut semis match. Coaches obviously are with the players day in and day out so they see things that the peanut gallery doesn’t. However these adjustments by Ferris show up late in the big...
  3. C

2023 HS Season

This was another case of Ferris being Ferris. I appreciate Moeller’s offense but even their staff acknowledged X had more consistent talent last year and this year. Last year Ferris took a team that beat Moeller twice in a row and changed the line up for the third match. Lost 3-1. In the...
  4. C

Best all time players @ schools/position

Logan is still fun to watch. Plays primarily beach but he and several of the guys mentioned are now playing indoor in the VLA. Logan, Dawson, bowling are on the Columbus team. The Pieper boys are on the new Lexington KY team. They will play in January at sports express...
  5. C

2022 Nationals

Yes. Finished 1-5 in pool. Came back strong in next round going 2-0 to end up in Diamond. All van 1s ended up in Ruby although getting there in different ways. 18s finished first in pool then lost to 2 tough teams. 17s lost their 4th 3rd setter to top team. 16s went 1-2 with only win...
  6. C

2022 Nationals

Quick update after day 2 AAU. Focused on 16-18s Van, CA,and OP as I don’t think A2 or Phoenix are here. 18s- Van- tied for first on net at 4-1 with one match to go. Will make it out of pool. CA- tough 2 days at 0-5. Met some hot players in tight matches. One match to go. 17s- Van - made it...
  7. C

2022 HS season

Heard most of Carrol starters got back in early morning from Spain trip and Tucker didn’t play.
  8. C

2022 HS season

No, they had spring break weeks ago. They’re off 4/17-4/20 for Easter. Look deeper at their schedule. Two weeks from now they play Elder on friday, centerville elite on Saturday, beaver creek on wed, Moeller on Thursday, 2 matches at against Walsh and st I on Saturday am with a drive back to...
  9. C

Way too early predictions for next year?

Agree. Elder was 1 in the south region. Reflects trend of yappi conversation. I expect elder and WH to get running quickly. Both programs have starting setters and hitters that played club together. Elder - attack 18s, WH -attack 17s.
  10. C

2021-22 Club season

Congrats to both Attack and Vanguard on a good weekend at Third Coast invitational. Fun and brutal invite tourney. Basically the Open bracket at Nationals with all top Cali teams attending. Not lots of practice time before competing. Milwaukee teams had one day of practice. Observations-...
  11. C

2021-22 Club season

Chris Bannister is running CVA. Supposedly only younger kids 14/15s. Trying to limit scope and build up. He’s a good coach but this isn’t really needed with A2 west up and running.
  12. C

2021-22 Club season

Potentially big changes to tournaments and historic tradition of bids. Move by several lead clubs away from USAV to AAU. Academy out of Indy hosting tournament same weekend as BWVC in Chicago. Attack looks in. Top 9 Clubs from SoCal in. They are declaring no participation in USAV. Also new...
  13. C

2021-22 Club season

Saw same thing. Lots of impactful changes or updates with more to be decided. Jones going to Yorktowne. It is an interesting change for vanguard. We all talked about his inconsistency. Will be interesting to see if he evolves his swing. Vanguard bringing in Academy OH who had similar...
  14. C

2021-22 Club season

Absolutely. I saw the same thing you did with 17s but frankly that happens everywhere. It is player dependent. I can tell you about similar issues at attack in certain age groups over the years. The counter to that is last years vanguard 18s. Very tight.
  15. C

2021-22 Club season

I think all the Indy kids are 18s. “Younger” setters are 16/17. Agree on the drive particularly Indy to Columbus. One thing to drive an hour so. But vanguard pulls in those Pittsburgh players as well. They modify practices to Fri night/Sat morning and culture involves local players...