Moeller president

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure he didn’t piss himself or puke on his clothes? Someone entering the same place 7 times doesn’t seem clearheaded enough to change their appearance like they’re in some Looney Tunes episode trying to outsmart the Roadrunner or Tweety.
Maybe wanted to ditch his Go Big Mo shirt

You know Ruffing will get on the PA tomorrow and warn them not to bring it up in any of their cheers Wednesday night.
That’s weak, they absolutely should cheer about it non stop. Stop playing nice with these C suckers. They don’t respect Elder, so don’t show them any respect.

With how the Moeller Baseball team conducted themselves in the tournament game, nothing should be off the limits. They want to act like idiotic a holes, expect to get that shoved right back in your face.

Last edited:
Again the series of events over the last 5 years is shocking and embarrassing to Moeller and anyone associated with them all at administrator levels of the school.

Its not a good look that we are jumping all over this guy. What he did is wrong. He who has no sin shall cast the first stone.

Think about it like this. If you were a parent who has no connection to the 4 GCL and trad this thread, you probably just eliminated two of the four schools.

Its not a good look that we are jumping all over this guy. What he did is wrong. He who has no sin shall cast the first stone.

Think about it like this. If you were a parent who has no connection to the 4 GCL and trad this thread, you probably just eliminated two of the four schools.

Moeller operates way outside the boundaries. I agree that we should all strive to do better, but Moeller gets what they deserve. Hopefully it makes them more ethical and honorable after they’ve been humbled.

I remember being in meeting with a couple of Moeller students at an event and one of the first questions they asked me was if I had gotten a Seton girl pregnant… not joking.

At least at St. X there is a good mix of east and westside families so that kind of interaction is less.

Additionally, Elder has been extremely blessed with leadership over the last 30+ years.

No scandals, smooth transition from Otten to Ruffing. The same football, basketball and baseball coach for the last 20+ years with state championships in each sport. No financial issues and growing resources.

Compare that to Moeller (multiple ADs, FB coaches, etc) and LaSalle (bankrupt a few years ago and massive leadership changes), Elder is by far and away the most stable of the three.

Just like you! You two must attend the same mass. No forgiveness ever! Screw that C suckers, right? Is this whay the Catholic church teaches now?
No, I’m a well established dirtbag, but at least I own it.

And I’m tired of Moeller getting away with acting like scumbags. They deserve all of the hate coming towards them. It’s p***ies like you, who let them think they can walk all over every other school, bc you sit there and take it. Now is the time to get nasty, and make them feel it.

Last edited:

IMG_6677.jpeg

Who cares? They’re the enemy, grow some balls.

Last edited:

Maybe not, but regardless if we hammer Moeller, this guy has sealed his own fate at Moeller. He will need to be let go, and he owes only himself to blame. You cannot be a leader of high school students and make a mistake like this.

Think about it this way, if the Archdiocese and Moeller let him stay as President of Moeller, what would that teach those high school kids at Moeller? It would teach them that their consequences do not have actions. It would teach them that it is okay to act the way he did. It would teach them that it is okay to act like this as an adult and keep your job. That's not how it works in the real world. Let this serve as a lesson and learning experience for those "Men of Moeller".

This guy will be fine. He will probably get some alcohol counseling and some needed self reflection. Maybe, save his marriage and turn his life around. He will be done at Moeller, but he will be back in the banking industry making good money. Everyone will forget about this. Life will go on.

Just like you! You two must attend the same mass. No forgiveness ever! Screw that C suckers, right? Is this whay the Catholic church teaches now?

Of course he can be forgiven in the eyes of the Church, but in the business world as a leader of HIGH SCHOOL students, his actions have consequences. He will be let go.

Last edited:
Moeller operates way outside the boundaries. I agree that we should all strive to do better, but Moeller gets what they deserve. Hopefully it makes them more ethical and honorable after they’ve been humbled.

I remember being in meeting with a couple of Moeller students at an event and one of the first questions they asked me was if I had gotten a Seton girl pregnant… not joking.

At least at St. X there is a good mix of east and westside families so that kind of interaction is less.
Again, they expect you to get on your knees for them. They don’t respect any other school, why should we respect them?

Maybe not, but regardless if we hammer Moeller, this guy has sealed his own fate at Moeller. He will need to be let go, and he owes only himself to blame. You cannot be a leader of high school students and make a mistake like this.

Think about it this way, if the Archdiocese and Moeller let him stay as President of Moeller, what would that teach those high school kids at Moeller? It would teach them that their consequences do not have actions. It would teach them that it is okay to act the way he did. It would teach them that it is okay to act like this as an adult and keep your job. That's not how it works in the real world. Let this serve as a lesson and learning experience for those "Men of Moeller".

This guy will be fine. He will probably get some alcohol counseling and some needed self reflection. Maybe, save his marriage and turn his life around. He will be done at Moeller, but he will be back in the banking industry making good money. Everyone will forget about this. Life will go on.
Are we just going to forget how they tried to cover the sexual assault allegations vs the previous AD? Or their big basketball booster getting busted running a Ponzi scheme? Or crybaby Carl writing the judge for leniency in sentencing with Moeller stationary? F them.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with this. Moeller and Archdiocese have a LONG history of covering things up....especially for people who commit big transgressions while working. This was an incident outside his work, during his off time. I know Archdiocese has that clause in their contracts about making sure you are always upholding the values of the Church..... but I think firing him is going to cause bigger issues for Archdiocese in the long run and cost them more money. Really hard to tell your employees that you can be canned for anything you do outside of school that had zero impact on your actual job performance, while there is precedent of people keeping their jobs for committing big transgressions while working.

I think most likely the Archdiocese offers him a substantial pay-day to leave quietly to keep this out of the news as much as possible.

I do have a question

I thought I read numerous times in the Elder threads (don't look like searching for them) that Moeller was NOT an Archdiocesen school.....yet the Archdiocese placed their president on leave. I know X is not associated with Archdiocese, but I thought others have stated Moe also fit into that category with Marianists running it.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering what I've read on here.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with this. Moeller and Archdiocese have a LONG history of covering things up....especially for people who commit big transgressions while working. This was an incident outside his work, during his off time. I know Archdiocese has that clause in their contracts about making sure you are always upholding the values of the Church..... but I think firing him is going to cause bigger issues for Archdiocese in the long run and cost them more money. Really hard to tell your employees that you can be canned for anything you do outside of school that had zero impact on your actual job performance, while there is precedent of people keeping their jobs for committing big transgressions while working.

I think most likely the Archdiocese offers him a substantial pay-day to leave quietly to keep this out of the news as much as possible.
There’s a expectation for your standard of behavior outside of work is higher than other jobs.

I do have a question

I thought I read numerous times in the Elder threads (don't look like searching for them) that Moeller was NOT an Archdiocesen school.....yet the Archdiocese placed their president on leave. I know X is not associated with Archdiocese, but I thought others have stated Moe also fit into that category with Marianists running it.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering what I've read on here.
Moeller is run by the Marianists, but still under archdiocese control.

X is the only GCL school not under the archdiocese.

No, this is completely different. This is already very public. He will probably just plead guilty to whatever as long as video doesn't get out so he can save some face. There's no sweeping this under the rug.

There’s a expectation for your standard of behavior outside of work is higher than other jobs.
I get what you are saying.

Unless he had a special clause about public behavior over what every other archdiocesan employee gets, how does the Archdiocese decide what transgressions are fireable offenses and what aren't. The overall language is very ambiguous and if he's fired, I would imagine he's going to sue and get a substantial payday.

Additionally, Elder has been extremely blessed with leadership over the last 30+ years.

No scandals, smooth transition from Otten to Ruffing. The same football, basketball and baseball coach for the last 20+ years with state championships in each sport. No financial issues and growing resources.

Compare that to Moeller (multiple ADs, FB coaches, etc) and LaSalle (bankrupt a few years ago and massive leadership changes), Elder is by far and away the most stable of the three.
Stable, maybe. But there is still a reputation that may or may not be fair still. We're still only a few years out from Elder students chanting vouchers and nice dreads at La Salle basketball players.

Fair or not (I'd say probably not in 2024), Elder has an unwelcoming reputation outside the Elder world. Piling on Moeller probably isn't a good look even to such a small audience as Yappi, as V&R said.

Stable, maybe. But there is still a reputation that may or may not be fair still. We're still only a few years out from Elder students chanting vouchers and nice dreads at La Salle basketball players.

Fair or not (I'd say probably not in 2024), Elder has an unwelcoming reputation outside the Elder world. Piling on Moeller probably isn't a good look even to such a small audience as Yappi, as V&R said.

I’d say that reputation is getting dated. Elder has more non-feeder students than ever before and that number grows each year. Next year’s class is going to have a lot of non-feeder kids.

In my post I specifically mentioned leadership scandals. Every couple years a student or students will make a bonehead decision that does not look good. No school is immune to that. Another example being the X basketball players from this past season.

I think the Elder board is talking about it because of how unwelcoming the Moeller community is to outsiders. Case in point the baseball team last year and other examples.

The story will die soon, but you can’t hate on people for discussing the news.

I’d say that reputation is getting dated. Elder has more non-feeder students than ever before and that number grows each year. Next year’s class is going to have a lot of non-feeder kids.

In my post I specifically mentioned leadership scandals. Every couple years a student or students will make a bonehead decision that does not look good. No school is immune to that. Another example being the X basketball players from this past season.

I think the Elder board is talking about it because of how unwelcoming the Moeller community is to outsiders. Case in point the baseball team last year and other examples.

The story will die soon, but you can’t hate on people for discussing the news.
Glad someone else is talking about the behavior their baseball team. I know a bunch of Elder fans got butthurt over the HB pass TD, but that was fair game. The baseball team acted like a bunch of clowns, screaming “No!No!No!” in a spastic manner after every single pitch that was called a ball.

They’re competition, f ‘em. Too many Elder fans want to be liked by the other schools, when they shouldn’t care. It’s not a brotherhood, that’s a bunch of lame nonsense.

I get what you are saying.

Unless he had a special clause about public behavior over what every other archdiocesan employee gets, how does the Archdiocese decide what transgressions are fireable offenses and what aren't. The overall language is very ambiguous and if he's fired, I would imagine he's going to sue and get a substantial payday.
It’s not just a behavior thing here, it’s the criminal charges he’s facing. The criminal trespass is a class B misdemeanor (up to 6 mos jail) and the other 2 charges are class C misdemeanor (up to 30 days jail). An open container or drunk in public general would be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.