#PACtion™ 2024

From that article... "What makes sports fun?"

Fun-determinants-1024x769.jpg

I think this list is one of the dumbest things I've seen, to be honest.

"Taking water breaks during pracitce" ranks higher on the "what makes sports fun" index than the following:
  • "Using a skill you learned in practice during a game"
  • "Being strong and confident"
  • "Being around your friends"
  • "Staying in hotels for games/tournaments"
  • "A ref who makes consistent calls"
  • "Winning"
  • "Improving athletic skills to play at the next level"
  • "Learning from mistakes"
  • "When a coach treats players with respect"
  • "Having people cheer at the game"
  • "Having a group of friends outside of school"
  • ... sorry, I'm not even halfway through the rest of the list
It's fine for a school to post an article about keeping sports fun for student-athletes, but did you really have to use this childish graphic? I think it's pretty obvious what age group(s) accounted for most of these responses. Or maybe we just need to give our players more water breaks. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Re-read my edited post above. I provided more of my thoughts about it. Haha! (we may be in disagreement, unless you were being sarcastic)
I am sarcastic. The graphic blows.

But I do believe sports should be fun or why do it? The other thing to think about is Woodridge is a totally different kind of community. It's Cuyahoga Valley crunchy granola kind of people living in a 19th century New England-style home full of antiques with a Suburu station wagon in the driveway. To that end, what level of culture shock with a different thinking community is PACtionTM willing to accept in member schools?

Imagine putting a "sports should be fun" article up on a website with Koach still around.

It's Cuyahoga Valley crunchy granola kind of people living in a 19th century New England-style home full of antiques with a Suburu station wagon in the driveway.
I'm not up-to-speed on today's latest slang terms, but I have heard this one a few times. Using context clues, I'm assuming "crunchy" is just a Karen with money?

The Woodridge School District's Village of Peninsula with its New England-style allure is not Bowdil and lacks Bowdil's heart, tuffness, and panache.

Behold the grandeur of Bowdil:

"According to research Hershey has conducted, the North Lawrence coal mines were well developed in 1870 and by 1896 the population of the village was estimated at 1,000 and later reached 1,446. In the 1920s, the mining company of Bowman and Dill moved into North Lawrence, which put the town on the map. To honor the company, the town renamed itself Bowdil."

Last edited:
From that article... "What makes sports fun?"

Fun-determinants-1024x769.jpg

I think this list is one of the dumbest things I've seen, to be honest.

"Taking water breaks during pracitce" ranks higher on the "what makes sports fun" index than the following:
  • "Using a skill you learned in practice during a game"
  • "Being strong and confident"
  • "Being around your friends"
  • "Staying in hotels for games/tournaments"
  • "A ref who makes consistent calls"
  • "Winning"
  • "Improving athletic skills to play at the next level"
  • "Learning from mistakes"
  • "When a coach treats players with respect"
  • "Having people cheer at the game"
  • "Having a group of friends outside of school"
  • ... sorry, I'm not even halfway through the rest of the list
It's fine for a school to post an article about keeping sports fun for student-athletes, but did you really have to use this childish graphic? I think it's pretty obvious what age group(s) accounted for most of these responses. Or maybe we just need to give our players more water breaks. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Where on this list are "pounding your opponent into the ground", playing "bull in the ring" or "smear the qu**r", and the ultimate "getting a date with that hot girl"?

Where on this list are "pounding your opponent into the ground", playing "bull in the ring" or "smear the qu**r", and the ultimate "getting a date with that hot girl"?
That's on Sebring's list on the Sebring website. Sebring's so tuff they're playing 8-man over at the wrong side of the Alliance tracks.

The Woodridge School District's Village of Peninsula with its New England-style allure is not Bowdil and lacks Bowdil's heart, tuffness, and panache.
I see this article was posted in 2019.

I’m going to go out in a limb here and simply say that the if the chain gang at Royals Stadium were ever called into a court of law as witnesses, it’s pretty safe bet that they would say that “fun” is not the most common word beginning with F in use by the current Bulldogs’ leadership.

I want an Enchilada....now Smoove character is not what you are asking...you are a wondering fan...what would you say if I said that a player didn't make a play, or the wrong play was called, or if the other team made the play, then I point to games that Lake won...when a kid made the play, or the right play was called, or if the other team didn't make the play...then who is saying Lake is loosing games it should win and also winning games that they should lose....me thinks you are in the concession stand when you should be watching the game...lol
No ENCHILADAS! Nil, Nada, Nacho call.....or Nacho Cheese! Smoove head be spinnin' like a MUTHAH after tryin' ta read that bunch of garabagation that BSO just throwed up up in here! WHAT?!?!? And when Smoove don't comprehensionate sumpin' somethin', IT BAD y'all!
Smoove spentate Smoove's time on the field, in the box, and on tha sidelines, WORD! Smoove be knowin' a thang or 2, but Smoove know that peeps alwayz be up in the coach's grill bout they play callin' and what not, what have you and what you may have..... playerz need to makify the plays, Smoove get 'dat, but Smoove talkin' bout other thingz, y'all, away from tha field, things behind tha sceenz, WORD! Smoove thinkin' back in recentificated history (well, that Smoove can rememberate since Smoove do enjoy his Liquor quite frequentatiously), and Smoove tryin' to thinkify of a game that they had come out voktoroiously in that they ain't 'posed to be winnin'?!? Huh?? Shoot, BSO, Green gotifies they number, McKinley gots they number, losifyin' to Alliance ain't right! Now, Smoove gettin' all off trackification, up in here, but it about the off field behind tha sceenz stuff that make Smoove wonderify, and not about the concessionary chicks, they gonna be there for SMOOVE!

....but NOOO, Smoove up in herr 'splainin' the little thangs that make a coach a GREAT COACH........ Smoove ain't claimin' nuttin on Lake coach, Smoove likifies coach out therr, but seems like Lake lose some games they should not lose and it happen alot. Not necessarily last 2 years, 'cuz Smoove seent Lake play and they had some "Dudes", is what the terminilogical word is nowadays; Smoove just callifies them STUDS. Smoove have an inkling that many of these players just do not "buy" 100%-ification into what coach be sellin'. THAT all.
Britannica Dictionary definition of CHARACTER

the way someone thinks, feels, and behaves : someone's personality — usually singular

My answer to you was what you are asking. In the context of your above statement, you sound like the normal fan who finds fault and yet does not remember the victories in the same light.

You mention Green has our number.....well Lake is 17 and 10 against them....last time Green beat Lake at Lake was 1963 37 to 22....now Lake is 500 at Green....we have become their rival...our kids get motivated to play them at Lake...we have been flat when we go there.

McKinley we are just snake bit...go for 4th and one don't get it they score with 5 sec left, have a punt snap go out the end zone and then miss tackles on the ensuing kick off, we have had some of our best efforts against them and fall short for numerous reasons....just McKinley made the plays and we didn't

Alliance...4 times inside the ten this year and we drop the ball...didn't finish...total record against them we 15 to 8..but I can .go back to 1987 and we lost 7 to 3...inside the 5 four times and do not score

Games that we should have lost GlenOak 21 to 17...miracle on 44th st, Copley 38 to 35..score with 2 secs left...down 10 points twice, Olentangy Liberty 31 to 14...we threw 6 interceptions and starting tailback hurt first play. I can give you more...you pick your games that Lake lost and I will pick games that Lake won...I will have more

"Smoove thinkin' back in recentificated history (well, that Smoove can rememberate since Smoove do enjoy his Liquor quite frequentatiously), and Smoove tryin' to thinkify of a game that they had come out voktoroiously in that they ain't 'posed to be winnin'?!? " Your statement is about making plays or not making plays........ character is how the kids represent Lake and the football program when they are away from the locker room.

Burrito's for everyone!

Last edited:
It's a short list of coaches that finished state runner up and a year later took a job at a school that hasn't been relevant in a while.

COVID-19 was just a twinkle in her mama's eye the last time the 'Stangs earned a playoff spot (2018) and he'll have some kids on his team that weren't even born the last time they won 10 games in a season (2008).

It's a short list of coaches that finished state runner up and a year later took a job at a school that hasn't been relevant in a while.

COVID-19 was just a twinkle in her mama's eye the last time the 'Stangs earned a playoff spot (2018) and he'll have some kids on his team that weren't even born the last time they won 10 games in a season (2008).
It takes a special combination of incompetence and luck to win a total of 8 games over the prior 4 years and then be able to hire the former head coach of a neighboring rival who played for a state championship the season prior.

Mustangs make the right hire!

Broc Dial

Now it will be interesting who follows him from Dalton....new coach there....open enrollment at Tuslaw...how many asst coaches come work with their former yet still current boss....wonder what the AD is thinking in Dalton now.....this looks like a big win for Tuslaw

Now it will be interesting who follows him from Dalton....new coach there....open enrollment at Tuslaw...how many asst coaches come work with their former yet still current boss....wonder what the AD is thinking in Dalton now.....this looks like a big win for Tuslaw
If there's such a thing as "winning the press conference" in high school football, Tuslaw has a 1-0 record.

I've heard that the current AD at Dalton may not be the AD next school year due to some admin changes/promotions in the district....but yes, it will be interesting to see if he brings over some coaches and families to the Blue Pride family.

Am I OK, you asked?

I'm going into a Steve Bannon level bourbon bender with this news.

1709666210205.png

What caused this shocking development for The Slaw?

PACtion™ did.

This thread has a mojo that can not be contained or stopped and will be studied decades from now.

---
With Coach Dial being a graduate of Northwest, I fully expect the Mustangs to rightfully place the Northwest Indians as a RIVAL again as it was during my years growing up.

#The New Slaw

Last edited:
It takes a special combination of incompetence and luck to win a total of 8 games over the prior 4 years and then be able to hire the former head coach of a neighboring rival who played for a state championship the season prior.
After a big lunch at Dutch Kitchen, the Dalton HS athletic administration is back to work this afternoon.

1709666854441.png