9/26 Howland (A)
9/13 Niles Mckinley (The Nest)
9/20 Poland (A)
9/27 Struthers (Homecoming) (The Nest)
10/4 Beaver Local (A)
10/11 Lakeview (The Nest)
10/18 Girard (A)
10/25 South Range (The Nest)
2024 schedule... Which game are you all most excited for? I'm predicting atleast an 8-2 season from this group.. A decent amount of starters have graduated but our underclassmen will be ready. Our new facilities are getting the kids ready for a tough, yet meaningful season. These kids got alot of heart, pair that with the great coaches at Hubbard... This season will for sure be a fun one to watch.

SR and Struthers are 2 losses. Brookfield returns a really good back, rest of the ne8 is up in the air
I don't think South Range will have a good year this year. Struthers will definitely be a dogfight, especially on homecoming. Brookfield is not a good team, Their running back room is amazing, but the rest of the team is mediocre.

I don't think South Range will have a good year this year. Struthers will definitely be a dogfight, especially on homecoming. Brookfield is not a good team, Their running back room is amazing, but the rest of the team is mediocre.
Hubbard has allot of ground to make up from last year, Struthers and south range both return a lot, Struthers returns virtually everything, SR has toy/dominguez as their staples

Hubbard has allot of ground to make up from last year, Struthers and south range both return a lot, Struthers returns virtually everything,
Word around town is Hubbard is returning 44 out of 54 players from last year's team. The vast majority of them were sophomores last year with a lot of battle scars now from last year's horrible "learning season".

5-5. Struthers and South Range will be ugly. They'll also lose to some combination of Girard, Poland, Lakeview and or Brookfield. Wilmington isn't the Wilmington of the past but they won't be a pushover either. Howland and Niles might be the only gimmies on the schedule. 5 wins is still a big improvement over last year though.

5-5. Struthers and South Range will be ugly. They'll also lose to some combination of Girard, Poland, Lakeview and or Brookfield. Wilmington isn't the Wilmington of the past but they won't be a pushover either. Howland and Niles might be the only gimmies on the schedule. 5 wins is still a big improvement over last year though.
They went 4-6 last year. 5-5 wouldn't be a big improvement. Also Brookfield was BAD last year. They got housed by a mediocre Springfield team, lost to an average Labrae to team, and barely got by one of the EAOCs worst teams (last year) in Valley Christian. They are in no way going to compete with Hubbard or schools of that size unless something drastically changes in the next couple of years.

Word around town is Hubbard is returning 44 out of 54 players from last year's team. The vast majority of them were sophomores last year with a lot of battle scars now from last year's horrible "learning season".
While that may be true Struthers is returning 9 starters on each side of the ball. SR coaching puts them in another level but I can see them struggling more than normal but not as much in the conference.

Nobody is bragging about Hubbard, just stating a simple fact that 44 out of last year's 54 on last year's very young team will be back, no more than that...
Hubbard is also returning plenty of starters from last year, almost all db's and wr's that started last year and a great QB. They are losing their entire varsity inside linebacker room, 3/5 of the starting OL and some DL. It also doesn't help that we're starting to lose players to the catholic schools like Mooney. However I still think Hubbard has at least a 7-3 season.

Hubbard is also returning plenty of starters from last year, almost all db's and wr's that started last year and a great QB. They are losing their entire varsity inside linebacker room, 3/5 of the starting OL and some DL. It also doesn't help that we're starting to lose players to the catholic schools like Mooney. However I still think Hubbard has at least a 7-3 season.
I think you’re being very bias, granted you return a ton and I’m sure the experience helps, but they were 4-6 with those kids, I don’t think they’ll have a dramatic change as you’re saying but like you say we will see. Losing backers and players on the line like bowser isn’t something to sneeze at. I do think they’ll be better tho just not on the level of Struthers south range or Poland

I think you’re being very bias, granted you return a ton and I’m sure the experience helps, but they were 4-6 with those kids,
"Those kids" as you have stated were mostly sophomores last year with a 4-6 record. 🤣

You can put them down all you want if that makes you feel so much better, "no bragging in Hubbard", just presenting some numbers, that's all. I can't understand why that irritates you so very much on a Hubbard thread...

"Those kids" as you have stated were mostly sophomores last year with a 4-6 record. 🤣

You can put them down all you want if that makes you feel so much better, "no bragging in Hubbard", just presenting some numbers, that's all. I can't understand why that irritates you so very much on a Hubbard thread...
Not putting anyone down, but I’m not going to inflate things either Just stating facts. That upsets you that’s fine but when you’re 4-6 and a guy says they’ll be 7-3 at LEAST. Even you don’t agree with that. As stated a lot of the seniors started last season and a lot of juniors. Key pieces were sophomores I’ll agree with that but starting mostly sophomores is absolutely false

That upsets you that’s fine but when you’re 4-6 and a guy says they’ll be 7-3 at LEAST. Even you don’t agree with that. As stated a lot of the seniors started last season and a lot of juniors. Key pieces were sophomores
Hubbard will be 5-5 at the most this season, maybe 4-6 or even 3-7. I hope that makes you feel a whole lot better with those numbers, I'm sure it definitely does. 🤣

No "bragging" in Hubbard...

Hubbard has 8 games that they can be competitive in. Let's see how the team has developed during the off-season and during the early part of the season before league play.

Losing Bowser, Seece, and Warren will be tough to replace, but all schools lose players every year so it's no different than anywhere else.

Struthers and South Range are the top dogs in this league for 2024. The rest have a lot of question marks that need to be settled. 5 or 6 teams will make the playoffs from this league.

Hubbard will be 5-5 at the most this season, maybe 4-6 or even 3-7. I hope that makes you feel a whole lot better with those numbers, I'm sure it definitely does. 🤣

No "bragging" in Hubbard...
This thread was started on high expectations. I got Hubbard at 6 wins FWIW

Hubbard has 8 games that they can be competitive in. Let's see how the team has developed during the off-season and during the early part of the season before league play.

Losing Bowser, Seece, and Warren will be tough to replace, but all schools lose players every year so it's no different than anywhere else.

Struthers and South Range are the top dogs in this league for 2024. The rest have a lot of question marks that need to be settled. 5 or 6 teams will make the playoffs from this league.
Yes losing those kids will be a tough spot to replace. Though we had a decent sized freshman class, some that will fill those shoes this year. They had 5 lettermen last year from the freshman class. Hubbard will be a young team again this year, only 3-4 seniors. However, alot of the starters were in fact sophomores, so just like last year we will need a lot of contribution from that young group. I'm saying 7-3 because I know how much these kids want to win and are doing everything right now to ensure that.

Yes losing those kids will be a tough spot to replace. Though we had a decent sized freshman class, some that will fill those shoes this year. They had 5 lettermen last year from the freshman class. Hubbard will be a young team again this year, only 3-4 seniors. However, alot of the starters were in fact sophomores, so just like last year we will need a lot of contribution from that young group. I'm saying 7-3 because I know how much these kids want to win and are doing everything right now to ensure that.
The returning players do not want a repeat of that disastrous season from last year from what I've been hearing all around town. I saw a lot of skill from those young players last year with absolutely no game experience on the varsity level. It certainly was painful to watch...

They had 5 lettermen last year from the freshman class. Hubbard will be a young team again this year, only 3-4 seniors. However, alot of the starters were in fact sophomores, so just like last year we will need a lot of contribution from that young group. I'm saying 7-3 because I know how much these kids want to win and are doing everything right now to ensure that.
330Football is calling you out on his #16 post in this thread about Hubbard's last season's sophomore class. The Eagles were definitely a very young team last year, no matter what some posters may think.

No bragging in Hubbard.....except for The Beautiful.

330Football is calling you out on his #16 post in this thread about Hubbard's last season's sophomore class. The Eagles were definitely a very young team last year, no matter what some posters may think.

Everybody has their own opinion, mine is hubbard has a great year this year. Just because things didn’t go so good last season doesn’t mean that will define this upcoming season. Also, 7-3 isn’t a wild statement. Hubbard will be better and a lot of the NE8 teams will not be as good as last year. Though it is way to early to tell.

No doubt, I’m from campbell. Hubbard was a joke up until the 90s-00s. Campbell was one of the best teams in the valley for years if not decades . I’ve always been a fan but it’s been hard for the past 15 years to watch. the grandkids play in hubbard so I gotta support.
Tough to see them as low as they’ve become. Not having open enrollment doesn’t help them

As a Hubbard guy, I hope to see them rebound from last years 4-6 record. First losing record since God knows when.

My Prediction: 6-4 *Although I can admit I have no idea about BL.
8/23 Brookfield W
8/30 Wilmington Area W
9/26 Howland W
9/13 Niles Mckinley W
9/20 Poland L
9/27 Struthers (Homecoming) L
10/4 Beaver Local W
10/11 Lakeview W
10/18 Girard L
10/25 South Range L

As much heat as the Coaching Staff gets at times, I do think they are well coached. But any sensical fan knows that it comes down to Jimmy's and Joe's. Is that QB back from last year? The Songer kid is a great athlete. 3 sport star. Playing QB as a Sophomore is tough for anyone but he shouldn't be written off at QB. The days of being a power house are in the past, for now...

Last edited:

Guy, I'm sorry, but it's tough to read your posts a lot of the time. They can be so cringy. You don't need to take everything so personal when people give their opinions.