#PACtion™ 2024

As a Northwest fan, I'd absolutely hate this. Stacy at Manchester, Dial at Tuslaw, Demarco on his way out......total nightmare
I haven't heard John is leaving anytime soon....the man coaches...that is what he does....I don't see him retiring ever actually, he coaches...no golf, no gym, no hiking, no traveling and trips, he surprised me and has a small boat that he putz's around Turkeyfoot in..lol

I haven't heard John is leaving anytime soon....the man coaches...that is what he does....I don't see him retiring ever actually, he coaches...no golf, no gym, no hiking, no traveling and trips, he surprised me and has a small boat that he putz's around Turkeyfoot in..lol
There's also not exactly a shortage of available successful coaches young and old with Northwest ties if he does decide to hang it up. That school just seems to produce coaches

Jackson has never been D 2...in the 90's when we are on the school's best run in the playoffs we were in the mid to high 400's and we always played in D 2, Jackson was always D 1...I have always known Jackson to be in the 600's and 700's..heck in 2003 we made the playoffs with a 4-6 record...we beat Boardman, Wooster, GlenOak, and Jackson...all D 1's
Correct I know Jackson has not been D2. I had graduating class numbers mixed up with enrollment. My senior year was 406, I won’t tell you what number I was 🤣 your beating of us Sr year cost us out right league champs instead of sharing with Alliance.

He doesn't seem super committed tbh. And he absolutely refuses and has no interest in any type of involvement with the youth program which doesn't sit so well with some people. I can think of 3 former NW players right now that I'd rather have coaching NW. Broc Dial, Kevin Stacy, and Travis Stroh.

He doesn't seem super committed tbh. And he absolutely refuses and has no interest in any type of involvement with the youth program which doesn't sit so well with some people. I can think of 3 former NW players right now that I'd rather have coaching NW. Broc Dial, Kevin Stacy, and Travis Stroh.
Has Dial ever coached at NW?

I'd be interested to see across all varsity sports what school in the PAC has the most coaches but maybe even more who has the least
Agreed. Really fascinated by it, but would take some serious digging to find out.

That's one of the reasons that while they annoy some folks, I've always appreciated the Massillons & Steubenvilles of the world for actively maintaining their history. I know school's priorities are education, but think it would be a big help to the participation numbers for kids to see alums who are doing their thing at the next level. Simply adding a page to the school's athletic website listing kids playing at the next level and alums in coaching. If folks are doing that, please share. I love to follow those pages/accounts.

Off the cuff I know one of Triway's Carmichaels is at USF and the other is Hoban's baseball coach and Orrville's DK McDonald is an assistant coach for the Eagles. And I only know about that because a friend who lives in Orrville told me so I've been following them

Now that I typed all that the idea occurs to me -wouldn't it be great to have something like that on the PAC website?!

There are some connected people that browse this forum. There is a current NFL position coach who I know that comments occasionally on subjects regarding his highschool. What's absolutely hilarious is that when he does occasionally respond to something there will be other posters who will go after him and challenge him and tell him he's not qualified to make certain statements regarding how to coach a defense when that is actually what he does IN THE NFL!!! He is not a Defensive Coordinator but a DB's coach. It's absolutely wild when I see it happening.

There are some connected people that browse this forum. There is a current NFL position coach who I know that comments occasionally on subjects regarding his highschool. What's absolutely hilarious is that when he does occasionally respond to something there will be other posters who will go after him and challenge him and tell him he's not qualified to make certain statements regarding how to coach a defense when that is actually what he does IN THE NFL!!! He is not a Defensive Coordinator but a DB's coach. It's absolutely wild when I see it happening.
Meh....NFL - SchmenFL 😂

I want this NFL dude to read my comment RIGHT NOW:

You, sir, lack tuffness, heart, and character and Lou Anarumo is #1.

Lou Anarumo is not to be confused with the Netflix series, The Watcher, and actor Bobby Cannavale:

1707931008325.png
1707931061439.png

Stick that up your garbage disposal Wayland Gibbons.

Last edited:
I know quite a few guys from NW. Haven't been around there in awhile but think I have a decent list.

Broc Dial- Dalton HC??. State Finalists
Seth Whiting- Vic's Son. Has had successful stints at Alliance and now at Minster.
Kevin Stacy- Been a few stops but has settled in as Manchester HC
Corey Tanksley- Springfield HC

Those are the guys that are or have been head coaches that I know of currently.

Zaid Abueteen- DC at Marlington. Also DC with Seth at Alliance.
JC Pawlyk- DB Coach at Jackson.
Vinnie Sette- Was at Norwayne with Coach Harbour. I believe he was part of the State Championship team. I don't think he coaches anymore.

These are the coaches I know who have been at other schools. There may be others who went with Stacy to Manchester.

Travis Stroh- Was the former DC at NW for several years. I don't think he is coaching anymore.
Shawn Lazarus- Former Michigan DT and was signed to the Detroit Lions. Defensive Line Coach
Chad White- Offensive Line Coach.
Jim Shiplett- Coached for years but I also think he does not coach anymore.
Jordan Mick- QB's. Played for Demarco
Nick Dinkins- WR's. Played for Demarco.

These guys stayed at home at NW and are with Demarco. I think there are a few others from NW on staff.

I probably missed a few, but these are the guys I know about. Almost all of them played during the good years under Coach Whiting. I was around the program at that time.

I want this NFL dude to read my comment RIGHT NOW:

You, sir, lack tuffness, heart, and character and Lou Anarumo is #1.

Lou Anarumo is not to be confused with the Netflix series, The Watcher, and actor Bobby Cannavale:

View attachment 54475 View attachment 54476

Stick that up your garbage disposal Wayland Gibbons.
I will let you know when Lou Anarumo interviews him. He is an upward trending DB coach on a playoff team. He spells tuffness the right way !

I will let you know when Lou Anarumo interviews him. He is an upward trending DB coach on a playoff team. He spells tuffness the right way !
He should want to work with Jordan Battle, Dax Hill, DJ Turner, Cam Taylor-Britt, DJ Ivey. This is The DB Group of The Future who took lumps but showed a lot of growth in 2023.

I know when my GF and I are showing tuffness and getting blitzed on bloody mary's at The Banks outside Paycor Stadium we often think about The DB Group of the Future.

Oh Yeah, while I was the head coach of the Powder Puff team my junior and senior year in HS. Tell him to beat that! :ROFLMAO:

I’ve always felt CCC would be a good fit for this conference. We already play at the youth level. We have good history with most of the members. Seems logical to me.

Only 45 days into 2024, but PACtion definitely has some momentum. First Yappi/Football thread to go over 1,000 reply mark this year.

The only question left to answer - which bellstore do we use to display the trophy?

1707943193718.png

What's funny is ever since I made that post about my Victoria's Secret job, whenever I come to Yappi, I get lingerie advertisements.

Let's see if this AI catches on.

I love steak. Steak is good. Please, give me steak. Steak, steak, steak. Steaky, steak, steak.
Interesting. Yesterday I ordered a pair of Sketchers slipons online. Right now on Yappi I have an ad for VIVAIA NEW SLIPFIN SHOES. Has Yappi taken over my computer? I don't like Yappi looking over my shoulder.:mad:

What's funny is ever since I made that post about my Victoria's Secret job, whenever I come to Yappi, I get lingerie advertisements.

I love steak. Steak is good. Please, give me steak. Steak, steak, steak. Steaky, steak, steak.
We are not worthy!....plus my adblocker works to well....lol

Actually he is committed...he has been consistent about youth football programs...he has done the same at every place. John has a unique style....he is extremely intelligent...he would teach honor's math and they would have to have him dial it back because he could take it to levels most people couldn't stay up.

One of the reasons he was hired is that he didn't need a teaching position....is the situation about teaching positions the same?

I want ribs.