Cleveland Guardians

I’m actually all for trading Clase. He’s spent. If the Dodgers want to give up something of value, I’d do it.
Dodgers have some decent talent in the farm system too. I guess the Guardians need to figure out if Classe's velocity decrease and control issues last year are a sign of things to come.

If they don't get a bona-fide bat in that return, my phone is going in the shredder
Yeah. I’m all for that combo, and even adding in some prospects, if it brings a true big bat that plays something other than 1B or DH. Preferably an outfielder. I’ll take Luis Robert, but the Sox aren’t that stupid.

Here's hoping that if they do deal Bieber and/or Classe they can force the other team to take on Straw and his contract.
That’s a pipe dream that I don’t think any team except maybe a large-market team would even consider. He’s essentially still owed $19.25M ($4.5M in 24, $6M in 25, $7M in 26, $1.75M buyout of 27 club option). That’s a bit pricy for a 26th man/DFA candidate who provides little outside of defense.

That’s a pipe dream that I don’t think any team except maybe a large-market team would even consider. He’s essentially still owed $19.25M ($4.5M in 24, $6M in 25, $7M in 26, $1.75M buyout of 27 club option). That’s a bit pricy for a 26th man/DFA candidate who provides little outside of defense.
Agreed. You'd need a team really hungry for pitching.

Dodgers got Ohtani; Diamondbacks got Rodriguez; Orioles got Kimbrel; Reds got Candelario; Tigers got Maeda; Royals got Wacha...

The Guardians got..........................a parking deck-

The good news is that the parking deck will have a similar batting average to Myles Straw.

Dodgers got Ohtani; Diamondbacks got Rodriguez; Orioles got Kimbrel; Reds got Candelario; Tigers got Maeda; Royals got Wacha...

The Guardians got..........................a parking deck-

The good news is that the parking deck will have a similar batting average to Myles Straw.
Go for it. With the disaster that CPD traffic management for events has become, no loss. Literally.took rapid to a concert at RMFH recently because of CPD routing us all.over downtown last year for an hour and almost missing curtain, by seconds. What a mess

I heard a little clip of the Kraft/Belichick presser today and something Kraft said stood out to me. He essentially said "our family considers itself the custodian of an asset of the community." I wish more owners, including Dolan, took this approach.
Like the logo and name change.

The problem with the Dolan’s is that this is pretty much their only business.

In MLB, the successful owners made their money elsewhere, they don’t depend on their ball team for their income.

Like the logo and name change.

The problem with the Dolan’s is that this is pretty much their only business.

In MLB, the successful owners made their money elsewhere, they don’t depend on their ball team for their income.
The Tigers, a while back, had an owner (Monaghan or Illich) that saw team ownership as a community philanthropic asset to invest in, like an art museum. I like that approach.

So, they aren't even trying to improve the roster this time. Awesome
It seems that way. The only notable move so far was trading for Scott Barlow. Bringing in Ben Lively and Estevan Florian doesn’t move the needle at all.

I guess they’re content to play some young guys (Manzardo, Rocchio, Arias, maybe Valera, all the young starting pitchers) and see how things develop.

The division is wide open right now. Everyone but the White Sox can win it.

An agreement was reached for Diamond Sports to continue broadcasting the Guardians through Bally this season. According to the story, " The deal, reached via mediation, includes a rights fee cut.." That sounds like even less money than the already bad deal they're in.

An agreement was reached for Diamond Sports to continue broadcasting the Guardians through Bally this season. According to the story, " The deal, reached via mediation, includes a rights fee cut.." That sounds like even less money than the already bad deal they're in.
And no digital streaming rights in 2024 so no Prime for Guardians this year. The absurdity continues. Was so hopeful for Prime this year, albeit this off-season has been terrible

It seems that way. The only notable move so far was trading for Scott Barlow. Bringing in Ben Lively and Estevan Florian doesn’t move the needle at all.

I guess they’re content to play some young guys (Manzardo, Rocchio, Arias, maybe Valera, all the young starting pitchers) and see how things develop.

The division is wide open right now. Everyone but the White Sox can win it.
Would the Sox be dumb enough to trade Robert?