Northwest Ohio Realignment

Archbold and LC are the only teams that could regularly beat on Otsego, PH would be off and on against them. The rest of the NWOAL is very average in almost everything
Smurf said Otsego would get "roughed up" in the NWOAL compared to the NBC, and I disagree. By Archbold in most sports and LC football? Delta in wrestling? Sure. But don't kid yourself about the rest of the NWOAL. Swanton and Evergreen are awful in football and have been forever. Delta is never great at anything except wrestling. PH will put together some good football and basketball teams, but they don't have the numbers to compete year in and year out anymore. Wauseon and Bryan consistently under perform against smaller schools. Otsego would do just fine in the NWOAL.

Wauseon was just state runner up in D2 in basketball a few years ago. Bryan has been down the last couple of years in baseball but is routinely competitive in running sports and baseball.

Otsego would compete fine, but to say THE NWOAL is underwhelming past the top 2 in "everything" is just wrong.

Of course you probably still think Grove could routinely compete with LC. 🤷

Of course you probably still think Grove could routinely compete with LC. 🤷
Yes, I do, because we have. We've played them 3 times in the playoffs, all 3 games were decided by 1 possession. We scrimmaged them for years and always looked good against them. Are there years they would probably give us a beating? Yes. Are there years we would give them a beating right back? Yes.

I never said the NWOAL was a bad league at all, but I see people overstate how good the league is constantly. A school like Otsego would probably do just as well in the NWOAL as they are in the NBC.

Yes, I do, because we have. We've played them 3 times in the playoffs, all 3 games were decided by 1 possession. We scrimmaged them for years and always looked good against them. Are there years they would probably give us a beating? Yes. Are there years we would give them a beating right back? Yes.

I never said the NWOAL was a bad league at all, but I see people overstate how good the league is constantly. A school like Otsego would probably do just as well in the NWOAL as they are in the NBC.
I think the NWOAL has been a touch stronger, but Oak Harbor joining the NBC in exchange for Woodmore definitely boosted it up a bit.

The SBC screwed up there. They could have had Northwood all along but took Woodmore and opened a spot up in the NBC.
Woodmore was leaving regardless. Their football program was in danger of being lost due to the beatings they were taking on an annual basis. I believe they did not even have a JV program their last few years of NBC play

Why would the SBC want to travel farther to Northwood?
I think your wrong. The problem isn't Northwood its Willard.
To Northwood -
Woodmore 20 Minutes
Gibsonburg 25 Minutes
Lakota 35 Minutes
Hopewell 50 Minutes
Margaretta 53 Minutes
Calvert 55 Mintues
Willard 1 hr 15 Minutes
4 teams with in 35 minutes.

To Willard -
Woodmore 1 HR
Gibsonburg 1 HR
Lakota 55 Minutes
Hopewell 40 minutes
Margaretta 38 Minutes
Calvert 35 Minutes
One team with in 35 minutes

Willard is D5 and because they can't win the Bay they complained and got moved to the River in football.

I think your wrong. The problem isn't Northwood its Willard.
To Northwood -
Woodmore 20 Minutes
Gibsonburg 25 Minutes
Lakota 35 Minutes
Hopewell 50 Minutes
Margaretta 53 Minutes
Calvert 55 Mintues
Willard 1 hr 15 Minutes
4 teams with in 35 minutes.

To Willard -
Woodmore 1 HR
Gibsonburg 1 HR
Lakota 55 Minutes
Hopewell 40 minutes
Margaretta 38 Minutes
Calvert 35 Minutes
One team with in 35 minutes

Willard is D5 and because they can't win the Bay they complained and got moved to the River in football.
Margaretta cried too.

Quit with all this Northwood is the Lakers crap. They left a decent league (not great - SLL) in which they couldn’t compete 20+ years ago for a league of small school misfits. They won in football, but never made noise in the playoffs. Not sure they’ve won much in anything else. This won’t scare schools like Hopewell and Calvert. Your dad should delete your account.

I remember about 20 years when Northwood was gonna go down I-75 and show McComb a thing or two about playing football. McComb won by 60.

Woodmore and Northwood are just fine for the River. Willard too far and too big. River would be just right if they could get Arcadia and Willard out then they could split off from the SBC.

I think the NWOAL has been a touch stronger, but Oak Harbor joining the NBC in exchange for Woodmore definitely boosted it up a bit.
Maumee over Elmwood as well. Aside from a few years, Elmwood tended to be towards the bottom of the pack. They went 3-7 this year with a weak schedule. I think Maumee was 5-5? Maybe 4-6. Either way, their potential numbers make it a much more likely that they'll able to trend up in the next few years.

Smurf said Otsego would get "roughed up" in the NWOAL compared to the NBC, and I disagree. By Archbold in most sports and LC football? Delta in wrestling? Sure. But don't kid yourself about the rest of the NWOAL. Swanton and Evergreen are awful in football and have been forever. Delta is never great at anything except wrestling. PH will put together some good football and basketball teams, but they don't have the numbers to compete year in and year out anymore. Wauseon and Bryan consistently under perform against smaller schools. Otsego would do just fine in the NWOAL.
I agree that Otsego would not get roughed up and could compete well but not for the reason that the league is very average. Just looking at your own example about Delta in wrestling- they were arguably the 4th best team in the league last year. Wauseon won the league and took 5th in D2 while Archbold, LC and Delta finished 4/5/6 in D3.

You guys can't tiptoe around the most pressing issue facing Northwest Ohio Realignment anymore... who could possibly replace Crestline as a football-only member of the NWCC?! What dominoes could fall, cascading into Northwest chaos?! Hold on to your butts...

You guys can't tiptoe around the most pressing issue facing Northwest Ohio Realignment anymore... who could possibly replace Crestline as a football-only member of the NWCC?! What dominoes could fall, cascading into Northwest chaos?! Hold on to your butts...
How many football schools do they have after Crestline leaves? Hard to keep track anymore if you don't follow the league closely, but I want to say they have at least 8

Crestline made it 10 correct? If I were them I'd add Arcadia as a full member to make it 10 football members. 11 members in the other sports wouldn't be the end of the world.

Crestline made it 10 correct? If I were them I'd add Arcadia as a full member to make it 10 football members. 11 members in the other sports wouldn't be the end of the world.
This is probably the best option, but I've never heard of them having any interest. NWCC doesn't do a double round-robin in basketball, so 11 would probably be fine.

Riverdale would be the biggest, but every league has a 'biggest' school but I can't imagine they would want to. Arcadia would from a size and talent level be a good NWCC fit. I don't know if they field JV teams but I would have to imagine they do. Leagues are better to have more teams than less. It doesn't take much these days for a school to go 8 man or leave and the more you have the more stability you have which gives you more control.

Riverdale would be the biggest, but every league has a 'biggest' school but I can't imagine they would want to. Arcadia would from a size and talent level be a good NWCC fit. I don't know if they field JV teams but I would have to imagine they do. Leagues are better to have more teams than less. It doesn't take much these days for a school to go 8 man or leave and the more you have the more stability you have which gives you more control.
Riverdale and Elgin are about the same size, making Elgin the biggest in NWCC. I agree that leagues with schools as small as most NWCCs should try to have more teams than fewer to avoid future issues.

Liberty Benton will be first in line hell they likely already have someone waiting in line. They love the idea of different small schools to beat up on.

Last edited: