Toledo Area Basketball 23-24

Record wise Northwood is struggling but if you have been paying attention, they are right there in every game. They had fostoria down double digits in the third quarter, trailed by 5 in the 3rd against evergreen, single possession game with lake with a minute left, played emmanuel to a tie in the second half, played even with ottawa hills in the second half and outscore them in the first quarter (12-0 second quarter doomed them), trailed otsego by 5 mid third quarter. This team is on the cusp. everyone can laugh and say that i am a troll but aint no way anyone wants to see northwood on their side of the bracket in a month and half. I can still easally see them getting double digit wins.

Record wise Northwood is struggling but if you have been paying attention, they are right there in every game. They had fostoria down double digits in the third quarter, trailed by 5 in the 3rd against evergreen, single possession game with lake with a minute left, played emmanuel to a tie in the second half, played even with ottawa hills in the second half and outscore them in the first quarter (12-0 second quarter doomed them), trailed otsego by 5 mid third quarter. This team is on the cusp. everyone can laugh and say that i am a troll but aint no way anyone wants to see northwood on their side of the bracket in a month and half. I can still easally see them getting double digit wins.
1-6 with 4 double digit losses. Dude, just stop.

1-6 with 4 double digit losses. Dude, just stop.
Stop what?????????? All I have done is spit facts. I actknowledged that there record is 1-6 but that does not tell the the whole story. They are almost done with the brunt of there schedule and have a lot of wins comin up after. They will most likely drop to 1-8 playing maumee valley and toledo christian BUTT after that they will close out january going at least 5-1 (with the 1 loss potentially being emmanuel but it is tough to blow northwood out in there gym). If you dont think thats reasonable or think northwood is not gonna win most of the games after mvcds and tc - you dont know basketball

Stop what?????????? All I have done is spit facts. I actknowledged that there record is 1-6 but that does not tell the the whole story. They are almost done with the brunt of there schedule and have a lot of wins comin up after. They will most likely drop to 1-8 playing maumee valley and toledo christian BUTT after that they will close out january going at least 5-1 (with the 1 loss potentially being emmanuel but it is tough to blow northwood out in there gym). If you dont think thats reasonable or think northwood is not gonna win most of the games after mvcds and tc - you dont know basketball
I will say......NW has some VERY weak teams on its schedule. The fact that 6 teams (Maumee, Waite, Van Buren, Swanton, Lakota, Woodmore) have a COMBINED 7 (!!!!) wins at this point, says more about the weakness of that schedule than it does about the strength of Northwood. By the grace of God, they should win all 6. Bringing their season win total to 7. Beyond that, they have to come up with 4 more wins somehow.

I will say......NW has some VERY weak teams on its schedule. The fact that 6 teams (Maumee, Waite, Van Buren, Swanton, Lakota, Woodmore) have a COMBINED 7 (!!!!) wins at this point, says more about the weakness of that schedule than it does about the strength of Northwood. By the grace of God, they should win all 6. Bringing their season win total to 7. Beyond that, they have to come up with 4 more wins somehow.
Cardinal Stritch is two easy wins. Potential to beat ottawa hills. North Baltimore will be a game northwood wins by 20 plus. I will say, the van buren game is worrisome as i think they are better than their record indicates, very similar to the rangers. But seriously, stritch cannot match up with northwood in any sport

Cardinal Stritch is two easy wins. Potential to beat ottawa hills. North Baltimore will be a game northwood wins by 20 plus. I will say, the van buren game is worrisome as i think they are better than their record indicates, very similar to the rangers. But seriously, stritch cannot match up with northwood in any sport
Stritch shouldn’t be able to match up with Northwood in any sport. Northwood has more than double the amount of students Stritch has. Stritch routinely beats Northwood in every sport besides football.

Outside of basketball, sritch does not routinely beat Northwood at anything. And football has been the most dominating domination of all of the sports, even basketball. Stritch is hapless in every sport except basketball but that has now regressed as well. Stritch is about 2 years from closure and there days of winning anything are over.

Outside of basketball, sritch does not routinely beat Northwood at anything. And football has been the most dominating domination of all of the sports, even basketball. Stritch is hapless in every sport except basketball but that has now regressed as well. Stritch is about 2 years from closure and there days of winning anything are over.
I"m pretty sure they've recently beat N'Wood in baseball fairly regularly. Probably will again this year.

In 2021 Stritch was crusing to a victory in football until their quarterback got hurt. Ended up losing by one. When was the last time N'wood had a realistic shot at beating Stritch in basketball?

I will actually agree with you on that last part though, there are some tough times ahead on pickle road after this senior class graduates.

Again they shouldn’t. Northwood is a much larger school. Northwood is growing as a school district due to open enrollment and they are getting worse and worse at every sport due to them growing. They will get bounced first round in basketball and baseball and they won’t make the playoffs for a while in football.

Has the interest waned this much in HS bball that talk on this page is now dominated by the Northwood Rangers? Good God we need a shot clock or something to fix this sport
Seems like a very strong year for NW Ohio too.

The Northwood thing is clearly a troll attempt, so if people would just ignore it that would help get the thread back on track.

Last edited:
Heyyyyyy, but they led by 4 at one point, right?

Trolling aside, MVCD will be fun to watch for the rest of the season, especially against Emmanuel and TC. Dickerson and CJ Majors are a great 1-2 punch for that squad.

Big weekend for Tyson McGlaughlin of OG. Picked up wins #300 and 301 in his coaching career. He is 271-57 in 13 years at OG. Don't know how many coaches are averaging 20+ wins/season for 13 years.
Amazing, especially when you consider he's done it in one of the perennially best basketball leagues in NW Ohio. OG is the gold standard, to me, when it comes to HS basketball.

What info does anyone have on MVCD? I know they've got CJ Majors & Amani Dickerson - saw them play once last year in Sectionals. Heard they have a 6'10" freshman? Any other new players? Off to a 9-0 start. Only really tough test so far was to Toledo Christian but have these games coming up:

1/13 Emmanuel Christian
1/15 Perrysburg
1/20 Scott
1/27 La Lumiere
2/2 Toledo Christian
2/10 Richmond Heights
2/16 Emmanuel Christian

Big weekend for Tyson McGlaughlin of OG. Picked up wins #300 and 301 in his coaching career. He is 271-57 in 13 years at OG. Don't know how many coaches are averaging 20+ wins/season for 13 years.
Don't they play Findlay soon?

Findlay looks really good thus far and this would be a great match-up. Might be worth the trip.