Toledo Area Basketball 23-24

Yeah, I followed Rossford‘s program pretty closely the past several years as I knew and even coached some of their kids. I also saw the lower levels, including JV etc. and they were not very good. Unless the two freshmen coming in are very good I can’t see this team being very good at all this year and not finishing dead last. Obviously I could be wrong, but the JV team last year was terrible. One of the worst I’ve seen. I mean they could barely even dress any underclassman on Varsity and barely play anyone off the bench that wasn’t a Senior (unless it was a complete blowout which Rossford did have many).
While they weren't anything close to varsity ready, even the juniors, Rossfords JV nearly won the NBC last year. I think it came down to the last game vs Genoa. I agree with your talent assessment, but the fact remains that somehow, they won plenty of games. ps. The JV coach was Jonathan Rietz. The 2 freshmen they have playing (especially John Fox) make them much better, but anything north of 5 wins will be a miracle. Theyll be counting on the usually inept NBC (as a whole) to have a few squads near equally as bad.

While they weren't anything close to varsity ready, even the juniors, Rossfords JV nearly won the NBC last year. I think it came down to the last game vs Genoa. I agree with your talent assessment, but the fact remains that somehow, they won plenty of games. ps. The JV coach was Jonathan Rietz. The 2 freshmen they have playing (especially John Fox) make them much better, but anything north of 5 wins will be a miracle. Theyll be counting on the usually inept NBC (as a whole) to have a few squads near equally as bad.

Rossford JV was 8-13 last year

A solid 3-19 :)
Say what you want. Waite scored 36 against EC last night. Northwood is at worst, 3 times better than Waite. Math aint great but I figure Northwood should be upwards to 90 on Saturday. Northwood put some scares into Sed while he was at stritch, with much better stritch teams and far worse northwood teams. Sed knows he no longer has a huge talent advantage over northwood and he knows that he cant out x and o Northwood's staff. I legitimately see Northwood winning against EC 94 -78. They coming and not even TC or MVCDS is safe at the top.

Say what you want. Waite scored 36 against EC last night. Northwood is at worst, 3 times better than Waite. Math aint great but I figure Northwood should be upwards to 90 on Saturday. Northwood put some scares into Sed while he was at stritch, with much better stritch teams and far worse northwood teams. Sed knows he no longer has a huge talent advantage over northwood and he knows that he cant out x and o Northwood's staff. I legitimately see Northwood winning against EC 94 -78. They coming and not even TC or MVCDS is safe at the top.
Those 25 point wins sure were nail biters I bet. Lol.

Please continue talking Northwood basketball your take is extremely entertaining. Over under Northwood league wins at 3.

TAAC Basketball Scores

Toledo Christian: 1-0
Vs Stryker 74-44 W

Maumee Valley: 2-0
Vs Patriot Prep Academy 82-47 W
Vs Miami Valley 73-25 W

Emmanuel Christian: 1-0
Vs Toledo Waite 74-36 W

Cardinal Stritch: 1-0
Vs Evergreen 61-56 W

Northwood: 1-0
Vs Gibsonburg 74-70 W

Ottawa Hills season opener is 12/9/23 vs Toledo Christian.

Maumee Valley home opener is tonight vs Detroit Lincoln King.

Why wouldn’t he go to Rossford last year when the job opened up? Feels like a reach to think rossford is gonna one and done the new coach.
Offered him the job. And thats it. Hes not a teacher/administrator, so he needs a full time gig to go with any head coaching slot. Kinda like what he got at SFS.
Rossford JV was 8-13 last year
Maybe Im thinking of the year before, which was basically the same players.

Please continue talking Northwood basketball your take is extremely entertaining. Over under Northwood league wins at 3.
Stahhpp! 3 wins in the league? Emmanuel, Stritch, and Ottawa Hills are 6 wins for sure--- guessing at least a split with TC and Maumee Valley. 8 wins is the basement. They have the best point guard in the league, best pure shooter, and best scoring wing in the league. Haters gonna hate hate hate hate!!!

Stahhpp! 3 wins in the league? Emmanuel, Stritch, and Ottawa Hills are 6 wins for sure--- guessing at least a split with TC and Maumee Valley. 8 wins is the basement. They have the best point guard in the league, best pure shooter, and best scoring wing in the league. Haters gonna hate hate hate hate!!!
Jalen Brown and Nate Miles alone will score more points than the entire Northwood offense.

Jalen Brown and Nate Miles alone will score more points than the entire Northwood offense.
They had 50 against Holy Rosary and Sacred Heart. Northwood is built a bit different different. Dawson will have a plan for them, considering that behind those 2 are nothing but NPCs. Besides those two, they have no one who would even be in the rotation for Northwood. I expect several dunks and hopefully no one is afraid of the dark because Northwood will shoot the lights out.

They had 50 against Holy Rosary and Sacred Heart. Northwood is built a bit different different. Dawson will have a plan for them, considering that behind those 2 are nothing but NPCs. Besides those two, they have no one who would even be in the rotation for Northwood. I expect several dunks and hopefully no one is afraid of the dark because Northwood will shoot the lights out.
So Northwood is the one that burned down the Holy Rosary gym and rocked the foundation of Sacred Heart? Man things are making sense now. Or was it Emmanuel? Now I'm confused.

Northwood hasn’t won 8 league games in the past tens years combined.

With a few games hindsight, is this still the opinion? What's expected order of finish?
Miles staying changes many things for me, I thought he was gone last year. Jalen Brown is a solid PG as well. They have a 6'6 frosh center in Cedric Hester. I don't think they'll be the beast they were last year but they will be a fun team to watch, albeit a young one.

In terms of finish:
TC
EC
MVCD
OH
Northwood (sorry, Flyer)
Stritch

Why are we even talking about Northwood in a basketball forum? They are bad and they always have been. The best player on their team couldn’t cut it at Stritch so he left. Their big man is 6’6” for absolutely no reason. They won’t win a league game

Why are we even talking about Northwood in a basketball forum? They are bad and they always have been. The best player on their team couldn’t cut it at Stritch so he left. Their big man is 6’6” for absolutely no reason. They won’t win a league game
Where's the "we?" You don't seem to have contributed to this thread at all? This isn't the college or pro forum. All kids are equal, weaker programs are as interesting as settled ones. Mostly coaches and fans talking about exactly those things. No one is forced.

Where's the "we?" You don't seem to have contributed to this thread at all? This isn't the college or pro forum. All kids are equal, weaker programs are as interesting as settled ones. Mostly coaches and fans talking about exactly those things. No one is forced.
The 6’6” kid actually rebounds it decently.

And this kid who couldnt cut it at stritch would far and away be the best player on stritch this year. Northwood will beat stritch by 20+

Haha your contribution in life is on this thread boss. Good for you

Danbury 19-6-2-10 - 37
New Riegel 27-28-23-2 - 80

Danbury (1-2, 0-2): 13-53 FG, 10-14 FT, 1-19 3pt (Clark), 22 rebounds (Hatfield 5), 16 turnovers. Scoring: Gavin Clark 2 0-1 5, Frankie Kovach 5 6-7 16, Tyler Harris 3 2-2 8, Elijah Hatfield 2 2-2 6, Ethan Hoffman 0 0-2 0, Logan Borgio 1 0-0 2.

New Riegel (2-0, 2-0): 35-53 FG, 5-11 FT, 5-11 3pt (Flores 2, Jones 2, A. Hohman), 41 rebounds (A. Hohman 8), 20 turnovers. Scoring: Carson Pahl 1 0-0 2, Brody Hohman 5 1-2 11, Mathew Flores 4 1-1 11, Shane Jones 7 0-0 16, Reese Goshe 7 0-0 14, Jayden Nye 3 1-1 7, Aiden Faeth 2 1-4 5, Alec Hohman 3 0-0 7, Jory Hanna 2 0-1 4, Carter Clouse 1 1-2 3.