I Don’t Get It…

Watching traditional telecast of sporting events.

I can no longer stand pre game, post game, halftime analysis, and even the regular telecasts any more.

Sundays: espn Redbone.
Mnf...manningcast

eveybody trying to out shout each other and be the main character. It's like the tv series that is good but a bit outrageious in following season tries to be more outragious than the previous, instead of just tell story. I no longer spend a lot of time with pre-games either. Interviews as coaches come off at halftime are beyond embarassing. SOMETIMEs the sidel ine reporter finds sideline stories they can relate during TO or breaks and that's fine.

Yeah, i don't get it either. Someone must like these things or why would they show them?

I don't get why people use three syllable words I don't know, prompting me to look them up. ;)

Actually, I was 99% sure, but no - I had to be 💯.
I'd been looking for a chance to use that word. Perhaps it will become ubiquitous. Ubiquitous was a word I had to have read in at least ten different places before I finally relented and looked it up.

I'd been looking for a chance to use that word. Perhaps it will become ubiquitous. Ubiquitous was a word I had to have read in at least ten different places before I finally relented and looked it up.
There you go, using a four syllable word! 😬

Actually, I like ubiquitous and just heard it on tv yesterday - or the day before, or.....

Reactions: SLS
There you go, using a four syllable word! 😬

Actually, I like ubiquitous and just heard it on tv yesterday - or the day before, or.....
Ubiquitous is everywhere! (Ignore my weak attempt at humor.)

I wish I had a dollar for every time the Tour de France announcers said "undulating".

Watching traditional telecast of sporting events.

I can no longer stand pre game, post game, halftime analysis, and even the regular telecasts any more.

Sundays: espn Redbone.
Mnf...manningcast
The major issue that's changed over 30-40 years is it's gone from informing to entertainment. Those pre-game shows have to do SOMETHING to hook the audience. Just giving football info is ok for us meatheads, but many of us don't watch because we understand football anyway. So it's more about human interest stories and other fluff that make the periphery watch. Redzone is pretty cool, but I'm not paying out the wazoo for it. I've not watched a Thursday night game since it's been on Amazon, life goes on.
Manningcast is already starting to get stale. It really depends on their guests, but even that is lame at times.

People who write " loose" when they mean " lose." Also, "looser" instead of " loser." It's second grade. While we're at it, " I should have went," instead of the correct form, " I should have gone." Once again, second grade.
How about the improper use of "them"? Or "them there"?

"Ain't them flowers pretty?" "Them there nachos are mighty tasty." "I hope them Bengals can beat them Steelers."

Cringeworthy, like fingernails on a chalkboard.

The major issue that's changed over 30-40 years is it's gone from informing to entertainment. Those pre-game shows have to do SOMETHING to hook the audience. Just giving football info is ok for us meatheads, but many of us don't watch because we understand football anyway. So it's more about human interest stories and other fluff that make the periphery watch. Redzone is pretty cool, but I'm not paying out the wazoo for it. I've not watched a Thursday night game since it's been on Amazon, life goes on.
Manningcast is already starting to get stale. It really depends on their guests, but even that is lame at times.
I am looking for a term, unsure if it exists yet, but you know how there is Mansplaining, when ya over explain something to a woman?
What term can we use when a man does this to another man? Orlosky (SP?) is the worst. I remember that toolbasket McCarver was the same way and unlistenable with baseball back in the day.

I now turn the game on when its time for KO, do something at halftime, and turn off after the game. Think this is why I love watching The Red Zone all Sunday, you get very little of the talking heads between plays.
I love the ManningCast because it reminds me of watching games with my buddies and brothers. Ripping on one another, trying to talk strategy, getting off topic, they do a great job of going in depth on some things but not treating us meatheads like we're in a football 101 class

I am looking for a term, unsure if it exists yet, but you know how there is Mansplaining, when ya over explain something to a woman?
What term can we use when a man does this to another man?
If no term exists you might have to create one. Maybe something like alphasplaining.

What term can we use when a man does this to another man? Orlosky (SP?) is the worst. I remember that toolbasket McCarver was the same way and unlistenable with baseball back in the day.

I now turn the game on when its time for KO, do something at halftime, and turn off after the game. Think this is why I love watching The Red Zone all Sunday, you get very little of the talking heads between plays.
I love the ManningCast because it reminds me of watching games with my buddies and brothers. Ripping on one another, trying to talk strategy, getting off topic, they do a great job of going in depth on some things but not treating us meatheads like we're in a football 101 class
Well when you have dozens of retired football players from the age of 30 on up looking for jobs for the rest of their lives, you have to compete for jobs, assuming that everyone knows football does not separate you. Although I'd say that 85% of us know enough about football we don't need to have a class dictated to us on a weekly basis. But when you have 24 hour sports cycles to fill, you need talkers.
So how do you get a job at these places, we'll being a minority helps, also attractive females helps, and outside of that you have to stand out. Pat McAfee is a classic example of a guy with little going for him other than he can care less what he looks like or acts like. The only thing I'd say about McCarver is that during the world series or playoffs, you generally have lesser fans who may not know the game as well, so some explanation may be needed.

This thread has gone from, "I don't get it" to "I can't stand it" but that's okay.

I can't stand it when people say, "I'm just saying." I mean what the hell does that mean?
Or the ever popular "you know". We'll maybe we don't know??