Div I, Region 4 Playoff Thread

I agree with what you're saying, but then the question is "Elder doesn't have a legit QB in their system"? I find that hard to believe. The Elder people say QB is their deepest position with a couple upper and lower classmen that could have filled the role if Brass was at RB.

I just think Ramsey is going to stick with what he does best, and he doesn't really care otherwise. Are Ramsey and Datillo clones, because it really hasn't worked for Sycamore. Doesn't seem to be alot of expectations there as they've been average to below average for most of his time there.

Elder used to be a pass first and pass heavy offense, even with Ramsey - a ton of great passers came through. I find it hard to believe there's not several natural QBs. Omar says they have a couple D1 guys.
Seriously? I mean, Sycamore is the smallest school in the GMC with the worst talent pool. Since Datillo was hired in 2006, they have the 3rd best win-loss record in the GMC and were a blown 14 point lead away from winning Region 4 in 2016 and then probably a state championship. I’m sure you know that Datillo is an Elder grad and Ramsay is one of his best friends and coaching mentors. Sycamore and Elder run virtually the same offense, and both have done so to pretty good success.

I don't know why everyone thinks Brass is not a QB. He has played QB all 4 years at Elder. For some reason there is this disinformation that he was a converted LB or RB. He could play those positions, but his primary position all 4 years at Elder has been QB. He just had to sit behind Schoster last year who was very good.

Brass was 13-14 passing for 160 yards against Oak Hills. He doesn't have elite arm strength, but he can throw the ball in addition to running LB and DBs over for extra yards.
He is a QB, but he’s also their best RB. I get why Ramsay keeps him at QB.

How can a School like Elder not have a quality RB and LB or 2? Is there another Team in the Region who Runs their QB more than Elder? Milford QB back this week? X over Moeller by 1

Elder has 2 good sized LBs in Dugan and Arnold. Dugan is 6'0 230 and Arnold is 6'2 225. The OLB Fortkamp is not small either at 6'0 185, but the bigger middle guys are Dugan and Arnold.

The senior class had a pretty good RB in Evan Meier as a freshman and JV, but he has not been 100% all year. He is bigger than the 2 smaller RBs Elder has played all year, but he's playing through an injury and can't do what he used to.

There is a freshman Gaveay Craig that I think could develop into a powerful RB that Elder hasn't had in awhile.

Seriously? I mean, Sycamore is the smallest school in the GMC with the worst talent pool. Since Datillo was hired in 2006, they have the 3rd best win-loss record in the GMC and were a blown 14 point lead away from winning Region 4 in 2016 and then probably a state championship. I’m sure you know that Datillo is an Elder grad and Ramsay is one of his best friends and coaching mentors. Sycamore and Elder run virtually the same offense, and both have done so to pretty good success.
He's an absolute moron and you're just wasting time arguing with him.

Pretty surprised people keep responding to this obviously clueless poster, who shotguns ridiculous posts all over threads to hear himself talk. Same person who felt entitled to talk about Colerain despite having no knowledge of how Combs built the program from ashes. People who engage this poster get what they deserve.

It's bad enough having to sift thru the massive amount of ridiculous posts warning us about how an Oak Hills team, who I'm pretty sure hasn't beaten a team with a winning record in the last decade, is going to be a regional title contender next year. Maybe beat a team with a winning record first before making 587 posts about how good the team is gonna be.

So 8 years ago they were pretty good. Sweet.

And because they're buddies means they have to run the same system and is safe from criticism after 5 super average and a couple terrible years? Doesn't surprise me however. I should know by now that critiquing any former Elder player is off limits because those guys walk on water :rolleyes: . He's been average and below average the past 5 seasons, pretty bad. I guess you're not allowed to have higher expectations when your coach is an Elder guy, because you know, they know best.

2023 5-5
2022 0-10
2021 6-6
2020 1-7
2019 5-5

Guess more lies again. Hasn't had a winning record since 2018. You people are ridiculous with telling me I make stuff up. It's right there in front of you. But the buddy system on here doesn't allow you to criticize certain people, even when they have average to below average results.

Is he buddies with Austing too? Oh boy, even more cred for below average results!!!!

Last edited:
Pretty surprised people keep responding to this obviously clueless poster, who shotguns ridiculous posts all over threads to hear himself talk. Same person who felt entitled to talk about Colerain despite having no knowledge of how Combs built the program from ashes. People who engage this poster get what they deserve.

It's bad enough having to sift thru the massive amount of ridiculous posts warning us about how an Oak Hills team, who I'm pretty sure hasn't beaten a team with a winning record in the last decade, is going to be a regional title contender next year. Maybe beat a team with a winning record first before making 587 posts about how good the team is gonna be.
Never once said they'd be a regional contender. I just said they'd be better than Elder.

He's an absolute moron and you're just wasting time arguing with him.
The past 5 years they are 17-33 and I'm the moron? He's probably your buddy, that's why it's perfectly ok for him to be very average, but for everyone to say how good he is.

Sycamore also has 1,500+ students and in an area with pretty high income and more than sufficient resources for kids to excel.

To say they have a limited talent pool is freakin hilarious. "The worst talent pool" - what an absolute joke.

More lies, more lies

I don't know why everyone thinks Brass is not a QB. He has played QB all 4 years at Elder. For some reason there is this disinformation that he was a converted LB or RB. He could play those positions, but his primary position all 4 years at Elder has been QB. He just had to sit behind Schoster last year who was very good.

Brass was 13-14 passing for 160 yards against Oak Hills. He doesn't have elite arm strength, but he can throw the ball in addition to running LB and DBs over for extra yards.
Every QB under Ramsey over the past 5 years have had an amazing completion percentage, and it's because they are throwing 10+ short passes per game that are easy to complete. They haven't had the true QB back there with the arm skills to make the tough throws or the ability to be a pocket passer that goes through progressions to make those throws. The reads are almost always very quick and the ball is gone. High percentage, low yards.

Schoster was probably the best at having both, but also had a receiver with elite speed. Brass doesn't fit this mold at all with his passing skills. Also, the offense isn't built that way either.

More lies again I guess. You know, "clueless" 😂

Every QB under Ramsey over the past 5 years have had an amazing completion percentage, and it's because they are throwing 10+ short passes per game that are easy to complete. They haven't had the true QB back there with the arm skills to make the tough throws or the ability to be a pocket passer that goes through progressions to make those throws. The reads are almost always very quick and the ball is gone. High percentage, low yards.

Schoster was probably the best at having both, but also had a receiver with elite speed. Brass doesn't fit this mold at all with his passing skills. Also, the offense isn't built that way either.

More lies again I guess. You know, "clueless" 😂

I guess you missed the long TD pass to Mirus before the half. It actually wasn't the prettiest throw, but Brass put it where he needed and allowed his WR to make a great catch.

The QBs have a lot on their plate in the Ramseys(Doug and Peyton) system. It's a lot more than being able to throw a pass. There are a lot of reads and progressions they make.

Brass is a very good QB, and he has done a great job. He was voted Co-POY of the GCL next to Jordan Marshall.

I guess you missed the long TD pass to Mirus before the half. It actually wasn't the prettiest throw, but Brass put it where he needed and allowed his WR to make a great catch.

The QBs have a lot on their plate in the Ramseys(Doug and Peyton) system. It's a lot more than being able to throw a pass. There are a lot of reads and progressions they make.

Brass is a very good QB, and he has done a great job. He was voted Co-POY of the GCL next to Jordan Marshall.
LOL it was a hail mary type throw and the OH defense botched it.

Brass is an exceptional running QB, an amazing leader, and an average passer. That's very fair. All adds up to a great player.

Last edited:
The point is, the vast majority of passes in Elder's offense are quick hitters and that results in high completion percentages. That's not a knock, it's just how their offense flows. Sure, they throw deep once in a blue moon, but we all know it's not a typical throw made in their offense.

A different offense would require different QB skills. The current one doesn't require a legit pocket passer.

Probable state championship? Sycamore was going to beat St. Ignatius in Ohio Stadium. LOL. No

So who you guys picking this weekend? Scores? Upsets? I like Moe, Milford, West & Princeton
I think it’s chalk. Only possible upset is X over Moeller because it’s at X and Marshall is out, but Moeller is better. Milford should roll. West may not win by an impressive margin, but I don’t think the game will be in doubt. Princeton could win close or in a blowout against Hamilton, but I would be shocked if they lost.

Moeller 31-21
Milford 28-6
Lakota West 21-10
Princeton 35-14

I think it’s chalk. Only possible upset is X over Moeller because it’s at X and Marshall is out, but Moeller is better. Milford should roll. West may not win by an impressive margin, but I don’t think the game will be in doubt. Princeton could win close or in a blowout against Hamilton, but I would be shocked if they lost.

Moeller 31-21
Milford 28-6
Lakota West 21-10
Princeton 35-14
Is Marshall out?

Moeller 27-10
Milford 17-10
West 10-3
Princeton 42-14

Moeller has improved heavily game by game even without Marshall they are the favorites to win region 4. West has the best defense in the state but lack of offensive production will cut their run short. Milford will get exposed without having their starting QB and their ECC schedule. They are overrated. Don't know much about Princeton.

Moeller has improved heavily game by game even without Marshall they are the favorites to win region 4. West has the best defense in the state but lack of offensive production will cut their run short. Milford will get exposed without having their starting QB and their ECC schedule. They are overrated. Don't know much about Princeton.
Is Milford's QB back this week?

Moeller 31-21
Milford 28-6
Lakota West 21-10
Princeton 35-14
I would be surprised to see Lakota West beat Elder. In the one game Lakota West played against a non-GMC team (GMC competition is extremely poor), West only gained 94 yards of offense on 40 plays. It was clear in that game that West had several holes on their offense, especially at the QB position. Elder has won several playoff games with the same offensive makeup they have this year. Ramsay has been in this position a hundred times and has always proven to be able to get 3-4 yards per down and move the ball. I expect a GCL team who has played tough competition all year and shown to find offense against good defenses to win this game.

The last time Moeller and St. X played (week 5), X threw 3 interceptions, fumbled twice, and attempted to throw the ball 46 times. Despite this, X only lost by 10 points. A lot seems to have changed for X in the past seven weeks, which makes sense given they start 8 sophomores. In recent games, X has been a run heavy offense, featuring a sophomore RB who has rushed for 100+ in three out of the last four games. In addition, in week 5, Moe's QB was 6-21 for 62 yards while Jordan Marshall carried it 25 times for 146 yards. Taking away that many plays and the amount of offense JM produces will allow X to put pressure on Moe's QB who has had little success against the Bomber defense this year. I will not be surprised to see X control this game.

Not too worried about Milford, Hamilton, or Mason. None of these teams have much of a chance of beating a GCL team and winning the region. Milford, for example, is a beneficiary of a cupcake ECC schedule married with the Harbin points system. I agree that they may be considered a strong team, but they don't have the caliber players top to bottom of a GCL program and lack playoff experience. Without the one seed, the ECC team would likely not be in the regional final. I haven't seen much of Princeton this year but they are another team who has played poor competition all year, so I will be curious to see how they do in the playoffs. I expect them to beat Hamilton again, but expect that to be their final win of the season.

Regional Semifinal teams:

Elder
X
Princeton
Milford

I would be surprised to see Lakota West beat Elder. In the one game Lakota West played against a non-GMC team (GMC competition is extremely poor), West only gained 94 yards of offense on 40 plays. It was clear in that game that West had several holes on their offense, especially at the QB position. Elder has won several playoff games with the same offensive makeup they have this year. Ramsay has been in this position a hundred times and has always proven to be able to get 3-4 yards per down and move the ball. I expect a GCL team who has played tough competition all year and shown to find offense against good defenses to win this game.

The last time Moeller and St. X played (week 5), X threw 3 interceptions, fumbled twice, and attempted to throw the ball 46 times. Despite this, X only lost by 10 points. A lot seems to have changed for X in the past seven weeks, which makes sense given they start 8 sophomores. In recent games, X has been a run heavy offense, featuring a sophomore RB who has rushed for 100+ in three out of the last four games. In addition, in week 5, Moe's QB was 6-21 for 62 yards while Jordan Marshall carried it 25 times for 146 yards. Taking away that many plays and the amount of offense JM produces will allow X to put pressure on Moe's QB who has had little success against the Bomber defense this year. I will not be surprised to see X control this game.

Not too worried about Milford, Hamilton, or Mason. None of these teams have much of a chance of beating a GCL team and winning the region. Milford, for example, is a beneficiary of a cupcake ECC schedule married with the Harbin points system. I agree that they may be considered a strong team, but they don't have the caliber players top to bottom of a GCL program and lack playoff experience. Without the one seed, the ECC team would likely not be in the regional final. I haven't seen much of Princeton this year but they are another team who has played poor competition all year, so I will be curious to see how they do in the playoffs. I expect them to beat Hamilton again, but expect that to be their final win of the season.

Regional Semifinal teams:

Elder
X
Princeton
Milford
Both Drew Pasteur and Cal Preps have Big Moe by double digits. Despite not having JM, Moeller will not abandon the running game. Their stable of running backs is more than capable of carrying the load. The emergence of multiple receivers and the constant improvement of the Soph QB has been quite remarkable. He has many targets to choose from and I just do not see X defensive backs being able to shut down the Crusader wide outs or tight ends (plural). As far as the X offense is concerned, they have not lit it up as in past years. Their QB often telegraphs his throws and the Moe DBs are just to quick to the ball to get burned consistently. Lets face it, when anyone other than #7 is in the game you can stack the box and take away the run. Moeller's run defense is very good and I just do not see X being able to move the ball consistently on the ground. One aspect of the game that can not be overlooked is special teams. Moeller's kicker can consistently put the ball in the end zone and deprive the opponent's offense of good field position. Their punter has been booming the ball and negating the possibility of long punt returns. Unless X can match the field position advantage of Moeller they will undoubtedly have lots of ground to make up in order to score. Turnovers could be a difference maker just like in game one. This is a bad match up for X with or without JM. GBM 💪 🏈

Last edited: