GMC Football 2023

Who will be top 3 in the GMC no particular order

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Correct. Hambrick, the current leading rusher, was the QB of that class. Birch, the transfer starting QB, is a Sophomore like Hambrick. That Sophomore class is loaded! Many are starting right now! Vikes should be extremely tough for years to come (if all players stay). That Sophomore class has state potential.
Why would they leave? 1 great coaching 2 best facilities in the city , 3 good education if they choose to take advantage. 4 awesome community support.

Why would they leave? 1 great coaching 2 best facilities in the city , 3 good education if they choose to take advantage. 4 awesome community support.
All true things. But that grass is greener thing can capture many. High school players move around like never before.

Let's get this straight. Princeton has some talent in the sophomore class but to be a state championship caliber program it's starts upfront. Let's be honest who has Princeton played besides West ( offense is terrible ) and Hamilton this year. Special Teams and defense has played well up to this point. The triple option will only take them so far.

Let's get this straight. Princeton has some talent in the sophomore class but to be a state championship caliber program it's starts upfront. Let's be honest who has Princeton played besides West ( offense is terrible ) and Hamilton this year. Special Teams and defense has played well up to this point. The triple option will only take them so far.
It starts upfront, you are correct.

The current junior high 7th AND 8th is DEEP with size upfront in the trenches. They are also VERY stacked in terms of overall #'s and talent/football IQ.

As far as scheduling, Parker and Moeller agreed to a long term deal beginning next year (to get his team battle tested vs a great opponent while getting them ready for a deep playoff run). By the time the current sophomore class are seniors, the pieces will be set for a run if they stay healthy and can make their breaks like every championship team.

Last edited:
Indians 43 Cardinals 13 Cards staff thrilled it isn't a home game. Some players skip the bus. Play-Offs t-shirts being designed on Rt. 4.
Cmets 28 Least 0 Cmts break 2 game skid. Kitna starts recruiting process in WChester.
Midlanders 28 Middies 12 Middletown brass contacts Marvin Lewis, Urban Meyer, and Lee Corso. Westsiders celebrate hard with 5-5 finish.
Vikings 28 Aviators 8 Vikings seal the deal. Aviators haven't been able to play mistake free all season. Can't see it changing week 10.
Birds 28 Blue 6 A very good season for the Blue, Birds streak continues.

Various reasons as to why they may leave. Starting slot from last year left. QB left and went to Hughes to play for a relative. Never know what is going on in their lives.

Hamilton's D and Lakota West anemic O will make this an interesting game this week. West likely wins but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Big Blue upset in this one
As long Lakota West doesn't turn the ball over, Hamilton won't score on them. Should be low-scoring game, but Lakota West should win.

Various reasons as to why they may leave. Starting slot from last year left. QB left and went to Hughes to play for a relative. Never know what is going on in their lives.
Engleman's leaving were extenuating circumstances. Princeton also always loses a few players and brings a few players in every year. I can't see good players leaving a GMC champ.

Lakota West usually plays better a after loss or underwhelming performance. LW Defense obviously played great besides 1 play basically. I think Hamilton's offense doesn't match up well with LW defense. Predicting LW 24 Hamilton 3

Now I think Princeton will win against Sycamore, but I think it will be a closer game. Sycamore just plays well against Princeton even after a emotional loss. Sycamore 21 Princeton 27. Princeton crowned GMC champions
Sycamore-Princeton is a big deal to a lot of the players on both teams since a lot of the neighborhoods of Sharonville and Evendale intertwine with Blue Ash and these players know each other really well. This game will definitely be close. Sycamore must avoid turnovers to pull the upset.

Uh, do you think Princeton doesn’t know what it takes to be a state contending team? Your statements make it clear you have not seen the teams and classes mentioned.

Sycamore-Princeton is a big deal to a lot of the players on both teams since a lot of the neighborhoods of Sharonville and Evendale intertwine with Blue Ash and these players know each other really well. This game will definitely be close. Sycamore must avoid turnovers to pull the upset.
Big deal because they live close to eachother you never give vikes fairshake. Thats a crazy way to put it

Big deal because they live close to eachother you never give vikes fairshake. Thats a crazy way to put it
A lot of the players are friends or even relatives. Heck, one of the Princeton posters on here has a son that plays for Sycamore. It's always an emotional game when you have that close personal connection against someone you're playing. Princeton is very much the better team here though.

Uh, do you think Princeton doesn’t know what it takes to be a state contending team? Your statements make it clear you have not seen the teams and classes mentioned.

Yes, Princeton doesn't know what it takes to be a state contending team. It starts with understanding the difference between coaching and recruiting, which most of the fanboys who post here clearly do not.

Projecting future success based on 7th/8th grade teams is laughable and shows an incredible ignorance and lack of experience with developing football programs. Sounds like something someone who hasn't been involved in successful programs for over 20 years would say.

It starts upfront, you are correct.

The current junior high 7th AND 8th is DEEP with size upfront in the trenches. They are also VERY stacked in terms of overall #'s and talent/football IQ.

As far as scheduling, Parker and Moeller agreed to a long term deal beginning next year (to get his team battle tested vs a great opponent while getting them ready for a deep playoff run). By the time the current sophomore class are seniors, the pieces will be set for a run if they stay healthy and can make their breaks like every championship team.
You are correct. Good size kids at the 7/8th grade program. I know my neighbor kid is 6-1 265 as an eighth grader and just man handles other kids . He tells me that the goal is for 3 8th graders play reserves next year .

Yes, Princeton doesn't know what it takes to be a state contending team. It starts with understanding the difference between coaching and recruiting, which most of the fanboys who post here clearly do not.

Projecting future success based on 7th/8th grade teams is laughable and shows an incredible ignorance and lack of experience with developing football programs. Sounds like something someone who hasn't been involved in successful programs for over 20 years would say.
Actually, this isn't unreasonable at all if you have a good varsity coaching staff, which Princeton does.

Interesting thought from reading the ECC thread, but if Sycamore loses to Princeton, Oak Hills beats Middletown, and Mason beats Lakota East (all probably likely to happen), Sycamore, Oak Hills, and Mason all finish 5-5 on the season, all having gone 1-1 against each other, all having the same other 4 wins (Colerain, Fairfield, Lakota East, Middletown), and all finishing on 11.00 Harbin rating with the exact same number of L1s, L2s, and L3s. Their playoff seeding for 9-10-11 would be based on a blind draw. #9 seed would get Lebanon, #10 seed would get Hamilton, and #11 seed would get Elder or Moeller. One team is definitely getting screwed by that draw.

Other GMC playoff seeding notes:

Princeton is basically locked into the #2 seed barring a Turpin upset of Milford (Milford's QB is out for that game). Fairfield is the likely 1st round opponent, with the full likely path of Fairfield-Hamilton-Lakota West to get to the regional final.

Lakota West-Hamilton winner is locked into the #3 seed playing Western Hills. Elder or Moeller is the 2nd round opponent.

Lakota West-Hamilton loser is #6 seed or #7 seed depending on outcome of Elder-Lasalle. Sycamore, Oak Hills, or Mason will be their 1st round opponent.

Whichever of Sycamore, Mason, or Oak Hills gets the #9 seed would get the best draw, playing at Lebanon in the 1st round followed by at Milford (QB is possibly out for the season) in the 2nd round.

Middletown is the #13 seed pretty much locked into playing at St. Xavier.

Fairfield will be the #15 seed with a win over Colerain and will get Princeton. They will be the #16 seed playing Milford with a loss to Colerain.

Lakota East and Colerain are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Last edited:

Here we go, same guy who said Parker would not win a close game vs West week 2.

The same group of sophomores who are starting were undefeated in junior high as well nimrod, so yes, it is very relevant. These junior high 7th/8th grade kids know how to win. They have been doing it together since youth days.

Oh, and Welcome back. :ROFLMAO:

Actually, this isn't unreasonable at all if you have a good varsity coaching staff, which Princeton does.
A) They do not and B) Yes it's not reasonable. Projecting state championship level results based on current middle schoolers is laughable. Period. Not going to waste any more time arguing with clueless homers about this point, but I have bookmarked it and will definitely check back with the clown show in 4-6 years.

You don’t have a clue! You have the right to remain ignorant. I guess you get off on being abrasive. That is exactly how your posts come off. BTW, Einstein, I have seen an undefeated 12 year old team stick together and win state.

Last edited:
Here we go, same guy who said Parker would not win a close game vs West week 2.

The same group of sophomores who are starting were undefeated in junior high as well nimrod, so yes, it is very relevant. These kids know how to win. They have been doing it together since youth days.

Oh, and Welcome back. :ROFLMAO:

Welcome back? I never went anywhere, and never guaranteed a win for LW in week 2, in fact went out of my way to state this was Princeton's chance to finally get a win and go undefeated because the GMC is so down this year. Granted none of that will help them against GCL schools in the playoffs.

Laugh it up while you can, the standard disappointing result is coming, like clockwork, because this staff does not coach teams, it recruits individual talents and underachieves at fully developing them into teams.

Welcome back? I never went anywhere, and never guaranteed a win for LW in week 2, in fact went out of my way to state this was Princeton's chance to finally get a win and go undefeated because the GMC is so down this year. Granted none of that will help them against GCL schools in the playoffs.

Laugh it up while you can, the standard disappointing result is coming, like clockwork, because this staff does not coach teams, it recruits individual talents and underachieves at fully developing them into teams.
Yes, welcome back. You went radio silent on Parker after you went out of your way to bash him and his coaching ability where you basically guaranteed a loss for weeks prior to the Lakota West game. I guess you are staring it again with your, "disappointing result coming" comment. What a simp . :poop:

A) They do not and B) Yes it's not reasonable. Projecting state championship level results based on current middle schoolers is laughable. Period. Not going to waste any more time arguing with clueless homers about this point, but I have bookmarked it and will definitely check back with the clown show in 4-6 years.
FWIW....

Colerain's team is comprised largely of players who attended both Colerain and White Oak Middle Schools. I believe this year's seniors who came from Colerain Middle won the GMC as 8th graders, with the current Fairfield QB at the helm. Many of those players have moved away to play at other schools (likely because Colerain football has been imploding the past few years) but these measuring sticks are certainly not always the best indicator.

Hopefully Princeton does not experience a similar fate as I like to see schools retain their talent as much as possible and they are who I cheer for most after Colerain in the GMC. Given the leadership in the district, I foresee any talented players Colerain may have in the hallways to find new homes until some major changes take place.

Have often thought Princeton had questionable coaching. Not now, also the HC brought in some quality assistants. They are trending up for the future. Can JH success give some indication of HS success? Of course it can, but there are factors that can push it up or down.

Is Duderino that guy from Olentangy who has had a hard-on for Parker his team blew a first-round game at Winton Woods a few years ago?

Have often thought Princeton had questionable coaching. Not now, also the HC brought in some quality assistants. They are trending up for the future. Can JH success give some indication of HS success? Of course it can, but there are factors that can push it up or down.
Bingo

Other GMC playoff seeding notes:

Princeton is basically locked into the #2 seed barring a Turpin upset of Milford (Milford's QB is out for that game). Fairfield is the likely 1st round opponent, with the full likely path of Fairfield-Hamilton-Lakota West to get to the regional final.

Lakota West is locked into the #3 seed playing Western Hills. Elder or Moeller is the 2nd round opponent.

Hamilton is locked into the #7 seed. Sycamore, Oak Hills, or Mason will be their 1st round opponent. Princeton would be 2nd round.

Whichever of Sycamore, Mason, or Oak Hills gets the #9 seed would get the best draw, playing at Lebanon in the 1st round followed by at Milford (QB is possibly out for the season) in the 2nd round.

Middletown is the #13 seed pretty much locked into playing at St. Xavier.

Fairfield will be the #15 seed with a win over Colerain and will get Princeton. They will be the #16 seed playing Milford with a loss to Colerain.

Lakota East and Colerain are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
Looks good but elder loses to lasalle? And hamilton lose to west fri where does that put hamilton 6 or 7 seed

Looks good but elder loses to lasalle? And hamilton lose to west fri where does that put hamilton 6 or 7 seed
Yea, oops, I didn't give Hamilton a chance at beating Lakota West. They absolutely can. If Hamilton beats Lakota West, they are #3, Lakota West is #7.

Who did they recruit this year that’s has played or made a hugh difference. This year team is 96.6 % home grown