2022-2023 General Discussion

Well, I was wrong. However, it makes Duke’s path to the FF easier, so I’m good with it.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Matt Painter needs fired yesterday.
Edey only 1 shot in the last 12 minutes?
I know FDU was really collapsing on him, but it sure looked like he was open for passes on some of those drives.
FDU / Memphis might be a fun game to watch. I hope that doesn’t jinx them, lol.

Paying homage to The Recession (a great rap album for those unfamiliar), Reynoldsburg alum Sean Moore went 19/5/5 (and a critical block) to propel FDU to the win and — in the process — “put on for (his) city.”

There is one distinction (a “first”) that FDU 2022-2023 can claim that no one else, not even UMBC, can. This distinction does not pertain to geography, nor the school namesake, nor does it pertain to ‘from what conference.’

Can anyone name it? Real college basketball sickos have a chance of getting this.

There is one distinction (a “first”) that FDU 2022-2023 can claim that no one else, not even UMBC, can. This distinction does not pertain to geography, nor the school namesake, nor does it pertain to ‘from what conference.’

Can anyone name it? Real college basketball sickos have a chance of getting this.
FDU was a First Four team. UMBC’s first game in that tourney was the UVA game.

Was looking forward to watching Kent State beat IU, but my enthusiasm is somewhat tempered now knowing the broadcast will have a female announcer. Hate that in any men’s sport. It’s nails on a chalkboard. Grrrr.

FDU was a First Four team. UMBC’s first game in that tourney was the UVA game.
Technically correct. I’ll give credit!

Wasn’t what I had in mind, though. More hint: FDU 2022-23 is the only team in the in the 14, 15, 16 seeds to have won in the Round of 64 *despite*…

They’re the first 16 ever to not win their conference tourney probably.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

It's already written. Purdue lost twice to the rivals, women upset on a last second shot. Men to go down in history as not only the first 1 to lose to a 16 but a play-in 16. No way the Purdues slows can keep up with FD's players, who will have open shots from 10 feet out.
Zero logic to any of that.

It's not about basketball. It's about the space in which the game is played. It's hard to measure relative capability when P5 teams refuse to schedule mid-majors but I know what I know. I have a high level understanding of patterns and spacing. It's how I made my career. IU has the length and speed amonst a couple players to make a run but they're going against Kent which had more experience and the speed and quick. Penn St has the defensive scheme, to make a run. Purdue may have "Mr Basketballs" but they do not have highly rated Mr basketballs because they do not have either the speed or the direction. Their offense is designed one-dimensional because the coach believes in an offense that worked in the space before teams were shooting 40% from beyond this invention called the 3-pt. This has added 40% to the geometry of the game, Painter hasn't realized the importance of that. He hasn't designed either an offense or a defense around it.