2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be getting old T33, happens to all of us.... Lol
I must be lol 😂, actually I’m right in between so maybe I should start to expect more of this lol.

As far as this team is concerned it sounds just as I expected. Ton of talent, lots of depth, and some unknown things until they put the pads back on. I’m honestly expecting this team to take off midway through the year and I believe we will be a very difficult team to beat in the playoffs. I said this right after the season ended and that was just with the kids I knew were coming back. I didn’t include any transfer or freshman. Can’t wait to see how these guys develop over the off season

Slaughter had a great basketball season, the whole team did. Jalen got more aggressive and confident. I sure hope he wins the job outright and takes every snap.
Tbh I think it's a easy fix just run a 2 QB system. looking at the kid that transferred in his stats is pretty good especially in the running category he'd be a great person to run a lot of our reads with because idk how much the average Massillon Tiger fan pays attention but a lot of our Runs could easily be read options because most DE almost always crashes down an pays absolutely no attention to our quarterbacks if they pull it it might 6 damn near every time

Last edited:
Who do you think will be starting rb....Lenox or Mitchell....Pringle definitely for short yardage...last year they used Gamble as a wide receiver....
Thought someone said something about a running back moving in from Cleveland..

He better be really good if he wants to take any reps away from Mitchell and Lenix. I’m excited to see those two ball out this year. Especially with Owens at QB, like kid330 said, keeping those DEs from crashing every play will be big.
I agree 100%

He better be really good if he wants to take any reps away from Mitchell and Lenix. I’m excited to see those two ball out this year. Especially with Owens at QB, like kid330 said, keeping those DEs from crashing every play will be big.
Not only that Pringle is going to get some reps although he will primarily be used on defense and sophomore to be Jadyn Williams (6’1 185 fresh) has everything you need to be a really good back at the varsity level. So I agree any back coming in here right now better be really damn good. Oh jeez I almost forgot, Gamble might get some carries as well. With his speed he could hit a few big ones. Massillon’s QB, RB, WR are all very full and talented. Love To see it

Last edited:
Not only that Pringle is going to get some reps although he will primarily be used on defense and sophomore to be Jadyn Williams (6’1 185 fresh) has everything you need to be a really good back at the varsity level. So I agree any back coming in here right now better be really damn good. Oh jeez I almost forgot, Gamble might get some carries as well. With his speed he could hit a few big ones. Massillon’s QB, RB, WR are all very full and talented. Love To see it
Yes Gamble as well, I’m eager to see how they fit him in, whether its at RB, WR, defense, etc. he’s talented and will be on the field somewhere. No shortage of talent in the skill positions. Now we need some hogs up front.

Yes Gamble as well, I’m eager to see how they fit him in, whether its at RB, WR, defense, etc. he’s talented and will be on the field somewhere. No shortage of talent in the skill positions. Now we need some hogs up front.

And return game. The times I saw him on the field he looked like the quickest kid on it. I personally think rb is his best position but it's a crowded field there, esp. if the qb is going to get carries.

A few roster questions/comments. Kinda going by the hudl roster for now but that's really all we have.

Speaking of Gamble, someone pointed out to me the other day a Sean Gamble has been added to our roster. Anyone familiar with him? He's a sophomore to be but no Sean Gamble on last year's freshmen roster.

Also, on the Hudl Roster they have Camden Lynch listed, I know he skipped last year but does Hudl know something we don't or is this just an error on their part?

Kyle Furbee 6'3" 300 lb Jr. from last year's roster is not on the hudl roster. Was wondering if anyone knows if this is just an over site or if the young man decided not to play....or transfered.?

I noticed they took Loquan Young off the roster but today he's back on, did he leave for CCC or not?

And finally, Nolan Hendricks is not on the Hudl roster and if I'm not mistaken he was earlier.

I hope so! Where do you think he might play?
He’ll at least be a standout on special teams. We haven’t had a dominant non returner since Seth Jefferson. I just know he’s popular with his teammates and Broyles Ballard Brawley fast.

A few roster questions/comments. Kinda going by the hudl roster for now but that's really all we have.

Speaking of Gamble, someone pointed out to me the other day a Sean Gamble has been added to our roster. Anyone familiar with him? He's a sophomore to be but no Sean Gamble on last year's freshmen roster.

Also, on the Hudl Roster they have Camden Lynch listed, I know he skipped last year but does Hudl know something we don't or is this just an error on their part?

Kyle Furbee 6'3" 300 lb Jr. from last year's roster is not on the hudl roster. Was wondering if anyone knows if this is just an over site or if the young man decided not to play....or transfered.?

I noticed they took Loquan Young off the roster but today he's back on, did he leave for CCC or not?

And finally, Nolan Hendricks is not on the Hudl roster and if I'm not mistaken he was earlier.
Camden Lynch is back I can tell you. I’m a relative of his. He didn’t skip last year intentionally. But he’s back and ready to go

Interesting. Their 2 D ends #10 & 9, the quarterback and the tight end are all next level and juniors. A lot of kids have the same number which is confusing. They are extremely fast. hopefully we can handle their speed. Lowndes, Valdosta's rivalry game looks every bit as big as Mass/McKinley. I think the rb that tore off that 60+ yard td is a junior too, n no two way players.
Massillon may be in trouble 😬

Last edited:
Just a question….does anyone know how accurate hudl is? I feel like none of the size and weight has changed and it seems like we’ve lost quite a few kids? Maybe not could just be me.

Yeah what’s going on? The only thread I recognize on the first page. Figured they got hacked so I didn’t click.

Status
Not open for further replies.