Dover 2022/2023

either Dover is good and they schedule tough teams or Dover is overrated and there schedule makes their record inflated. I would say its the latter
IF, Dover is good and scheduling good teams, AND their fans believe this then they should be able to compete in tournament.

Dover is D-1. They have No chance. Their record over the last 30-50+ years speaks for itself. Hate all you want ! 600-700 schools would love their track record !

either Dover is good and they schedule tough teams or Dover is overrated and there schedule makes their record inflated. I would say its the latter
That’s somewhat true but they’ll Never compete in D-1. Philly couldn’t. Marietta couldn’t. Chillicothe couldn’t. Zanesville outside of mid 90’s couldn’t. D-2 is a realistic chance to have a tournament run. D-1 good night

Dover is D-1. They have No chance. Their record over the last 30-50+ years speaks for itself. Hate all you want ! 600-700 schools would love their track record !
Hate?? It's just the way it's seen outside of Dover. There are 198 schools in the D1 basketball division and Dover is not the smallest. If a school like River(93) or Hiland(94) with their enrollment numbers can give Dover(363) a good competitive game, when to much emphasis is put on numbers, Why can't Dover give school ABC(750) a competitive game?

Many schools could have that track record if they scheduled like them. 11-13 home games every year, mostly smaller schools. I am amazed at how Dover feels smaller schools cannot compete with larger schools, but only after regular season. Before then smaller schools can be very good competition.

Last edited:
That’s somewhat true but they’ll Never compete in D-1. Philly couldn’t. Marietta couldn’t. Chillicothe couldn’t. Zanesville outside of mid 90’s couldn’t. D-2 is a realistic chance to have a tournament run. D-1 good night
History shows if you keep doing the same thing you get the same results. It would appear that Dover is not prepared to play in most of their season's tournaments. Philly and Marietta are D2 schools, so why would they play in the D1 tournament. Like you pointed out, they can't even beat Philly with a first year coach.

Hate?? It's just the way it's seen outside of Dover. There are 198 schools in the D1 basketball division and Dover is not the smallest. If a school like River(93) or Hiland(94) with their enrollment numbers can give Dover(363) a good competitive game, when to much emphasis is put on numbers, Why can't Dover give school ABC(750) a competitive game?

Many schools could have that track record if they scheduled like them. 11-13 homes games every year, mostly smaller schools. I am amazed amazed at how Dover feels smaller schools cannot compete with larger schools, but only after regular season. Before then smaller schools can be very good competition.
Personally I think your logic kind of explains it in another way:
Sure Hiland and River played a relatively competitive game with bigger Dover, but Dover is going to win 8/10 times. Sure Dover can play a relatively competitive game with ABC(750), but ABC(750) will win 8/10 times. If you play that type of opponent consecutively in the playoffs, the odds say you’re not gonna win many in a row. That would be like Hiland or River playing Dover or Phila every round of playoffs- they also would probably only win 1 game or so if that was the case.

History shows if you keep doing the same thing you get the same results. It would appear that Dover is not prepared to play in most of their season's tournaments. Philly and Marietta are D2 schools, so why would they play in the D1 tournament. Like you pointed out, they can't even beat Philly with a first year coach.
Sure Dover is D1 and Phila is D2- they also have enrollment numbers of 371 and 345. It’s not like Dover is 30% bigger, and more equipped to play in D1. They’re similar schools, and would have similar results in either division.

Personally I think your logic kind of explains it in another way:
Sure Hiland and River played a relatively competitive game with bigger Dover, but Dover is going to win 8/10 times. Sure Dover can play a relatively competitive game with ABC(750), but ABC(750) will win 8/10 times. If you play that type of opponent consecutively in the playoffs, the odds say you’re not gonna win many in a row. That would be like Hiland or River playing Dover or Phila every round of playoffs- they also would probably only win 1 game or so if that was the case.
Dover beat Hiland by 3 points. This may be the weakest Hiland team in the last 15 years. So 8/10 times is probably a stretch and Dover is not just bigger. Each class level in Dover HS is larger then the entire Hiland HS. Using that ratio it is like Dover playing a school with an enrollment of 1100. Does that happen? Hiland does not do it to win, they do it to prepare for tournament. Could Dover do the same?

Sure Dover is D1 and Phila is D2- they also have enrollment numbers of 371 and 345. It’s not like Dover is 30% bigger, and more equipped to play in D1. They’re similar schools, and would have similar results in either division.
Dover should play NP every year and all the time, without a doubt.

Get the Hell outta here.. Your nothing but a troll, That first year head coach had nothing to do with this team’s success. Phila has always played Dover close if not beat them for the last 8-10 years.. Go follow a different school because your making yourself look like an idiot…

Get the Hell outta here.. Your nothing but a troll, That first year head coach had nothing to do with this team’s success. Phila has always played Dover close if not beat them for the last 8-10 years.. Go follow a different school because your making yourself look like an idiot…
you are making yourself look like an idiot. He ain't trolling he just pointing out facts that people outside of Dover look at

Some people don’t seem to understand that Dovers fan base enjoys watching fundamentally sound basketball played by kids that give it all they have and play with class and respect for the opponent. I never leave a Dover game embarrassed by how our kids represent.

I believe Riverside and Dover are also the extremes geographically in the district with Riverside being the northeasternmost, and Dover being the southernmost. Riverside is looking at an hour and 45 min bus ride or so.

Some people don’t seem to understand that Dovers fan base enjoys watching fundamentally sound basketball played by kids that give it all they have and play with class and respect for the opponent. I never leave a Dover game embarrassed by how our kids represent.
Not one person said anything like that

Mark it down, Ross will do good things at NP. Check your mirror for the idiot. :ROFLMAO:

Mark it down, Ross will do good things at NP. Check your mirror for the idiot. :ROFLMAO:
It helps when you have a 1000 point scorer and the all time 3 point scorer on the floor at all times. I don’t think BVK got out coached, he does not have 2 players that have played varsity since freshman, (one being a 1000 point scorer), also he doesn’t have Dovers all time 3 point scorer. I’m calling that NP doesn’t beat Dover once next year, mark it down

Last edited:
It helps when you have a 1000 point scorer and the all time 3 point scorer on the floor at all times. I don’t think BVK got out coached, he have 2 players that have played varsity since freshman, (one being a 1000 point scorer), also he doesn’t have Dovers all time 3 point scorer. I’m calling that NP doesn’t beat Dover once next year, mark it down
I agree. Phila has an excellent basketball team this year and should be a tough out in the tourney. I think they've played down to their competition in a couple of games which have led to a loss or two they shouldn't have but they always bring their best game against Dover. Dover has a solid group this year but next season will be really tough to beat.

It helps when you have a 1000 point scorer and the all time 3 point scorer on the floor at all times. I don’t think BVK got out coached, he have 2 players that have played varsity since freshman, (one being a 1000 point scorer), also he doesn’t have Dovers all time 3 point scorer. I’m calling that NP doesn’t beat Dover once next year, mark it down
Don't get offended, I didn't mean NP would beat Dover every single time they played them. I mean let's face it, Dover is a D1 school and NP is only D2, but I think Ross will do good things over his career there. But do not worry, BVK is smart enough to add plenty of wins to his schedule if NP does beat them. 🤣 :cool: :stirthepot:

Don't get offended, I didn't mean NP would beat Dover every single time they played them. I mean let's face it, Dover is a D1 school and NP is only D2, but I think Ross will do good things over his career there. But do not worry, BVK is smart enough to add plenty of wins to his schedule if NP does beat them. 🤣 :cool: :stirthepot:
Haha, I think you're right that Ross will do good things and he's obviously off to a great start. I don't buy into the BVK adding easy teams to the schedule to pad his resume. I thought going into this year that the schedule was going to be really difficult.....Olentangy, Massillon, Lake, Perry, and Hudson ended up having down years unfortunately.

Haha, I think you're right that Ross will do good things and he's obviously off to a great start. I don't buy into the BVK adding easy teams to the schedule to pad his resume. I thought going into this year that the schedule was going to be really difficult.....Olentangy, Massillon, Lake, Perry, and Hudson ended up having down years unfortunately.
To be fair against every team in the state, using the Martin PRI to assess, their SoS rated them at 129th of D1 schools. Their School Size Factor rated them at 188 among D1 teams. Which is a direct connection to the smaller schools BVK chooses to play.

To be fair against every team in the state, using the Martin PRI to assess, their SoS rated them at 129th of D1 schools. Their School Size Factor rated them at 188 among D1 teams. Which is a direct connection to the smaller schools BVK chooses to play.
Yeah I saw the SoS numbers when they came out and it's not impressive but being a smaller D1 school it's tough to schedule a bunch of top tier D1 teams. You D1 squads that are in a high powered league will always have a much tougher SoS but I will agree that the number needs to be better for sure.

Yeah I saw the SoS numbers when they came out and it's not impressive but being a smaller D1 school it's tough to schedule a bunch of top tier D1 teams. You D1 squads that are in a high powered league will always have a much tougher SoS but I will agree that the number needs to be better for sure.
SoS doesn't have to be all top tier D1 schools, but playing D4 schools doesn't help. There are plenty of schools looking for games.

SoS doesn't have to be all top tier D1 schools, but playing D4 schools doesn't help. There are plenty of schools looking for games.
I agree with that too.....I personally like Dover playing Hiland even if it's a really a no win situation for them. I'm surprised it's taken this long for them to play.

isnt playing basketball supposed to be fun. Every Dover team isn’t going to have a shot at winning a state title, it’s just a fact. So they schedule a doable season and then maybe win a couple playoff games maybe not, then they walk away with a fond memory of playing HS basketball. Instead of putting them through hell with a schedule that leads to a losing record and a bad memory of HS basketball

You would have thought a Garaway vs Dover basketball series, would have happened by now,or even a NP vs Indian Valley and a Dover vs IV, those matchups would have been a big gate draws, the way attendence is now at highschool basketball games

Hiland is way down by their normal standard. Maybe that is what BVK was waiting for. 🤣
I mean, if that's the type of guy that you think Bobby is then you don't know him very well. Like I said earlier, Dover has everything to lose by playing Hiland but it's great for the area since they're the two most decorated teams here.