2023 Boro Fan Almanac

took down dillon campbell 🤷🏻‍♂️ but it’s also dillon campbell. not many can say that have wrestled him they were not teched or pinned 🤷🏻‍♂️ so are you think hermes is going to beat shore?
I couldn't care less. Both studs! Gun to my head I'd go with Hermes.

For starters he beat the #2 ranked DII 120. You are clearly a troll though, so I won't waste more time on that silly comment.
Asking who he's beaten makes me a troll?? Obviously, you are biased. The mere statement that "Attisano would be an easy favorite for state champ most years" is ludicrous.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Some people act like Hermes is some bum, and Shore was a lock to beat him last year, before that slam cost him the finals. Hermes is tough, and probably going to have a better college career, imo. I'm taking Hermes.
I do not think it is as clear cut either way. Hermes definitely looks better on paper, but you cannot deny Shore is a gamer. I think this will be one of the better state finals matches, regardless as to the outcome. With that being said, I am taking Shore. But I think it is extremely close and can go either way.

Asking who he's beaten makes me a troll?? Obviously, you are biased. The mere statement that "Attisano would be an easy favorite for state champ most years" is ludicrous.
What makes you a troll is that you are someone who feels compelled to jump in and make negative comments with zero knowledge of the topic.

Attisano is a freshman who has come in and beat the #2 ranked kid in D2 (a D1 state placer), and also beat the D3 #5 (2 time state placer). He also has another Maj. Decision over another highly ranked state placer in Kimmel.

Yes, most years that would be more than enough to be a DIII projected state champ. He happens be stuck under Hermes and Shore. It isn't all that often that a weight division has two kids like that at the top. They are two kids who have been favorites to make the finals 4 years in a row.

I do not think it is as clear cut either way. Hermes definitely looks better on paper, but you cannot deny Shore is a gamer. I think this will be one of the better state finals matches, regardless as to the outcome. With that being said, I am taking Shore. But I think it is extremely close and can go either way.
I agree with you, actually. I am taking Hermes, but I think Shore has what it takes to win as well. A few people on here have made the assumption that the ref cost Shore a state title last year. I agree that the call was a little iffy, but it wasn't horrendous, and Hermes was a returning state champion. Why the assumption Shore was beating him? Not saying you made that assumption, I am saying others on here have. I have zero connection to either wrestler, I just want to make that clear and up front. No bias from me.

never said hermes was a bum. just saying shore doesn’t get enough respect
I think he gets plenty of respect. I respect him, and I haven't really seen anyone put him down in any way. If you want him in the discussion for best in Ohio, well there is too many great kids ahead of him, so of course he is lost in the shuffle. If you are talking about just his weight class in D3, he is only ever ranked behind a 2x State Champ, and even still, a lot of people are picking Shore to beat that 2x State Champ. So I really do not see where he is not getting respected. I think he is getting his fair shake.

I think he gets plenty of respect. I respect him, and I haven't really seen anyone put him down in any way. If you want him in the discussion for best in Ohio, well there is too many great kids ahead of him, so of course he is lost in the shuffle. If you are talking about just his weight class in D3, he is only ever ranked behind a 2x State Champ, and even still, a lot of people are picking Shore to beat that 2x State Champ. So I really do not see where he is not getting respected. I think he is getting his fair shake.
#Fair&Balanced

26th in the senior class is plenty respect? please

I have to agree with you here. Brakeman brought a sense of lyrical magic to his reports. He would bring history and philosophy into his reports. Kids that were ranked 15th in a weight class, could still have his name and a brief history of his season(s) in the report. He was very detailed and he gave information on everyone.

Today's kids (and dads) will never understand the anticipation of waiting for the Brakeman report to drop. Waiting for the fax to come through, making multiple copies on the school copy machine. Seeing your name in the report, where you landed. It was magic, or felt that way. I am mostly talking about the 1980's. That was my time.

26th in the senior class is plenty respect? please
Shore is getting nothing but respect on this message board. He's as tough as they come, but in fairness, he hasn't won a title yet. Hermes has - 2 in fact. Hope they meet in the finals!

Borofan does an amazing job. And I look forward each week to his updated rankings. And the Almanac is much anticipated. I checked every hour this week to see when it posted lol. I was able to get it 4 minutes after it posted.

Borofan’s Almanac narrative for each weight class is more data about the top wrestlers. I did enjoy Brakeman’s narrative as well. Brakeman had more time to put together longer narratives since it was only released once. I would enjoy more Borofan commentary and opinions. I am just being greedy, I know. Lol. I just enjoy reading it (probably 3-4 times. Lol).

Today's kids (and dads) will never understand the anticipation of waiting for the Brakeman report to drop. Waiting for the fax to come through, making multiple copies on the school copy machine. Seeing your name in the report, where you landed. It was magic, or felt that way. I am mostly talking about the 1980's. That was my time.
That brings back so many memories. I coached through the 80's and entered the "dark side" the 90-91 season. LOL!!!

Oh, it was just as anticipated in the 90s. Of course, according to MP the state championship that I wrestled in doesn't count because of where it was held. I can always hang onto the fact that my name was in his report though.

I appreciate Boro, but we have to be real. Brakeman was so in tune with seemingly all of the state and wrestlers. He had inside info on everyone, he wrote beautiful summaries for the weight divisions. He had much more to say about many wrestlers, not just the top couple in each weight. He knew when to let a bad match slide for a kid when looking at the overall picture.

Boro seems completely results driven. A kid loses, he simply goes below the kid who beat him, regardless of the entire body of work. Much more cold, cut and dry. This isn't a knock on Billy, we all appreciate him, but Brakeman was on another level.

I do agree that the tournament information, and predictions throughout the season are awesome. I honestly find that much more interesting than the actual rankings.
I don't think Billy sleeps during the season... I think if it weren't for his tournament previews and class rankings, he would have so much time invested into his 'Brakeman Report" almanac that he would have each kids walk around weight, the shoes they wrestle in, and their dads record from high school.

I would personally rather see Campbell vs Hermes, that's a much better match. Not sure Hermes makes that happen but that would be the one I would rather pay to see. Lay it all on the line and wrestle Campbell!!

I don't think Billy sleeps during the season... I think if it weren't for his tournament previews and class rankings, he would have so much time invested into his 'Brakeman Report" almanac that he would have each kids walk around weight, the shoes they wrestle in, and their dads record from high school.
Well, that would be awesome.

I would personally rather see Campbell vs Hermes, that's a much better match. Not sure Hermes makes that happen but that would be the one I would rather pay to see. Lay it all on the line and wrestle Campbell!!
campbell teching hermes what’re you talking about

For those living in a coma, I am viewing national caliber in the context of the national rankings - being within the top 20 of the weight class, or being in the next group outside the rankings (for sake of argument, a 10-person "OLI" list). Period. No more, no less.
Coma? You might be the one that needs to wake up. Around these parts we consider you a poor man’s Boro Fan.